I worry about Kaleb... | Syracusefan.com

I worry about Kaleb...

QManCuse

Walk On
When JB yells at him, it looks like his eyes are finally gonna pop out of his head!!

When JB yells at him, it looks like his eyes are finally gonna pop out of his head!!
that's just the coach's way of getting to know him.
Welcome to Syracuse, Kaleb.

You know, I have wondered if he is hyperthyroid, because people's eyes bulge a little with that. But it just could be genetics.

I worry about all the players Boeheim yells at! Yet he and the players and the program endure.

Well if he can't handle it then he is never going to be a great player.

Briancuse said:
I would say that is a pretty good possibility as well.

Christmas was lost as a freshman...and as a sophomore.

Ghost said:
Sophomore? Eh, not so much.

5.1 ppg as a sophomore, 5.8 ppg as a junior.

It took him four years to become the player many expected as a sophomore.

Remember, he was a Mickey D AA and told everyone, like McCullough, he was done after one year.

5.1 ppg as a sophomore, 5.8 ppg as a junior.

It took him four years to become the player many expected as a sophomore.

Remember, he was a Mickey D AA and told everyone, like McCullough, he was done after one year.

Eh, I just take exception to the word lost. If you mean lost in a "nobody could find him in the post" type way, I would agree. Otherwise, not so much imo.

Ghost said:
Eh, I just take exception to the word lost. If you mean lost in a "nobody could find him in the post" type way, I would agree. Otherwise, not so much imo.

He has made more improvement from his junior to senior year than anyone in the history of the program. In fact, he's made more improvement in one year than anyone I've ever seen.

He didn't have a back to the basket shot last year, so it didn't matter if someone found him in the post.

He has made more improvement from his junior to senior year than anyone in the history of the program. In fact, he's made more improvement in one year than anyone I've ever seen.

He didn't have a back to the basket shot last year, so it didn't matter if someone found him in the post.
I agree. I don't spend as much time on the basketball side as I do on football (though I love both), I will agree that his impovement this year has been astounding. It is too bad the pieces around him aren't exactly up to standards, as this is the sort of play we've needed from a big man for a long time now. JB and especially Hop have done a great job with him.

Through many dangers toils and snares, he has already come.

He needs to have fun out there. Get back some swagger. The breakaway at the end of the 1st half against NC was the kind of chest thumping moment he needs more of. Nice to see Cooney go up and pump KJ up after that. A little taste of success will help that young man find his stride. Until then, he'd better have thick skin.

Boeheim has been harsh in his criticism of Joseph this season. But rather than wilt under the scrutiny, Joseph, who smiled when told about Boeheim's remarks regarding his ill-advised second-chance shot, said he craves the coach's critiques.

"That's a big reason why I came to Syracuse,'' Joseph said. "No matter how good you play, there's always going to be something you could do better. Me, I want to be a great player and I want to be a great point guard at Syracuse so I take it all. I want him to do that. I want him to be hard on me because it's only going to make me a better player.''
Kaleb will be just fine.

If I was a player, I'd be worried if JB did NOT yell at me.It's JB's way to show he cares and is investing his time and knowledge to make the player better.

This is so true. If you get the quick hook from JB and he only says something quickly in passing you may want to start wondering who will be getting your minutes next year.

Disagree with that last statement completely. You determined this based off his what, 3-4 shot attempts a game?

GoHamSU said:
Disagree with that last statement completely. You determined this based off his what, 3-4 shot attempts a game?

I base it on what JB had said numerous times. We both agree he's made a huge leap since last year.

Cusefan0307 said:
Donna Ditota just tweeted that Devo (along with GMAC) is at practice working with Kaleb on learning how to attack the Rim!

I was always a fan of his, which got me into some arguments with other Cuse fans due to his off court issues, but if anyone told me the Eric would play the role of elder statesman I'd have thought they were crazy.

I enjoyed Kaleb's small role in Caddyshack - the scene where Dangerfield is gunning the yacht toward that beer drinking fisherman's little boat.