If (God forbid) Keita is out for the year... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

If (God forbid) Keita is out for the year...

It's also good that he's traveling with the team. I still doubt he plays Wednesday but it's a good sign that the medical staff feels he's up to traveling.

Edit: It's actually pretty much etched in stone that he won't play. JB has always had a don't practice...don't play rule.

Maybe at 23-0 he will stick with the no practice no play rule; but come March, you know damn well a few missed practices wont matter. If no further damage can be done by playing, BMK is going in. He isn't missing practice, he can't participate in practice. Big difference.

The Post Standard article does sound very positive. Nice!

I guess we'll find out tomorrow night, but I wonder if JB sits Keita and sees how the Grant at the 5 scenario plays out. Gives Roberson minutes, lets Keita rest at least until Saturday, and hey you never know what you'll run in to in March. Could get in to a weird foul situation where Grant has to play the 5 again.

Regarding Chino playing...I can't imagine a freshman with zero Division I game experience coming in 3/4 of the way through the regular season and contributing. If this was suggested to JB I think he would get a really good laugh. Coleman has played in the zone for 30ish games and still doesn't have it quite figured out. The center position is extremely important. Now Chino is going to come in, even for 7-10 minutes, and be effective in some of our toughest games of the year?

I believe that Chino will get abused if he plays. i would still prefer that for 7 minutes, as opposed to Grant getting abused and in foul trouble, along with Roberson playing Grant's usual spot (another large downgrade on defense.)

As Bored Historian said above, moving Grant is a terrible idea. I dont know who should be the 5, but not him. Ever.

Hopefully my post below is now pointless based on the info known. However,

The foul trouble on Grant would be the biggest thing. Its not what would happen to Syracuse's defense (if anything, the Duke game should have proven this team can score and go up tempo if necessary), but now Grant would have to sit in foul trouble and the entire offense changes for prolonged periods of time.

Chinoso's value has always been as a back-up center (even his upside is that). Is he ready to be a solid backup D1 center? No. However, he does have the ability to take 5 fouls that could end up on Grant if Grant is playing C.

Also, coaches can't all of a sudden get someone ready. Whoever plays center is going to struggle with both foul trouble and rotations. The only way coaches could get someone ready? Someone who isn't getting as much attention in practice. I guarantee the staff has been drilling Roberson on how to play the wing correctly b/c we want him in the rotation. However, I bet Chinoso can get a lot more coaching b/c the staff anticipated him to redshirt and were likely bringing him along slowly.

Either way, if Keita can't go tomorrow, I think we can all agree we are facing the one team poised to take the most advantage of us having someone out of position at C. We seriously couldn't have another ACC team without Keita?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom