If (God forbid) Keita is out for the year... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

If (God forbid) Keita is out for the year...

Does anyone know anything of Keita's status??
Or are people just jumping to conclusions?

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

A 3 page thread on "If Keita is out for the season" oy vey. We're masochists.

I thought Riley actually played pretty well, considering.

Queue up the OttoMets Mythbuster of the Day - Riley did play well, had a better plus/minus than Jackson, and only subbed out once we'd taken our late lead against Butler. He was a warm body who made a couple good passes and didn't make mistakes.

A lot of people say he hurt us, but he didn't.

Many disagree with me on this, and that is okay. Donna D. just posted on Syracuse.com that they talked to Boeheim and he said there was still no update. I understand the coaching aspect of this, etc but how does he not have any update? I'm not saying yes or no to him playing Wednesday, but they must know for sure by now whether this is season ending or not. At least say that. I know most don't agree with me, just my take. I think it stinks to keep the fans in the dark. If there truly is no update, say not long term, still day to day. End of rant. :)

Many disagree with me on this, and that is okay. Donna D. just posted on Syracuse.com that they talked to Boeheim and he said there was still no update. I understand the coaching aspect of this, etc but how does he not have any update? I'm not saying yes or no to him playing Wednesday, but they must know for sure by now whether this is season ending or not. At least say that. I know most don't agree with me, just my take. I think it stinks to keep the fans in the dark. If there truly is no update, say not long term, still day to day. End of rant. :)

Pure speculation, but maybe he's going to get an MRI and they need the swelling to go down before he can get the MRI?

Pure speculation, but maybe he's going to get an MRI and they need the swelling to go down before he can get the MRI?
Fair enough, just frustrating.

JB cannot and would not ever give up that quickly.

He's already lost 2 shots due to losing a center, he would fight like hell to prevent losing a 3rd shot, regardless of how feebile that attempt may be.
I cannot decide whether feebile is better or worse that feeble. Or futile.

What worries me is the no comment and no update. The odds of that being followed by it's no big deal have to be very low.

I cannot decide whether feebile is better or worse that feeble. Or futile.

Gentilemen don't call someone "feebile". :cool:

Reactions: MCC
What worries me is the no comment and no update. The odds of that being followed by it's no big deal have to be very low.

Watching the press conference last night Jim was very aloof and ornery. Usually he's just ornery. I didn't take this as a good sign.

Queue up the OttoMets Mythbuster of the Day - Riley did play well, had a better plus/minus than Jackson, and only subbed out once we'd taken our late lead against Butler. He was a warm body who made a couple good passes and didn't make mistakes.

A lot of people say he hurt us, but he didn't.

Somebody says something. Then somebody else reads it and figures it must be true because someone posted it. So they say it. Then it becomes a "fact" that everybody knows to be true...

'Internet message board spell checkers, man aren't they awesome'

Says nobody ever.
Oh, I wasn't trying to spell check - I thought it was a hilarious typo and tried to further the joke - that's all.

Sgt Cuse said:
Then who exactly are you suggesting be the third center? You seem to be vetoing everyone.

I haven't read all 100+ posts but here's my opinion. I think RAK's minutes increase to almost 35 and JG plays five at the five. If either gets in foul trouble you bring Chino in. The extra minutes that Chino, TR and G play you just hope its not at the same time and they are able to neutralize the opposition during that time. Worse case scenario is that we will need Chino at some point for some minutes. Lets hope he can anchor the zone for two minute stretches.

There isn't a good answer but I would tend to go with Grant as the first option if Christmas gets in foul trouble. I thought he hung in there well last night on defense. And he will have time to better prepare for the possibility in practice these next couple days before the Pitt game also.

I just hate to use a season up on Chino. I haven't seen him play as much as others on here have so I really have no idea if he weould be able to hang in there for a few minutes or not.

Kind of ironic that center was the one position that I felt pretty confident about our depth heading into the season and this happens.

We know how highly thought of Roberson was coming out of high school and we know how much he has played at this point. Chino has zero experience on the floor and unless he is the second coming of Christmas, he'd get abused by almost any ACC big man.

Last edited:
Call me crazy but no way grant at center works. That guy had great position on grant whenever he wanted and was pushing him around but Clemson was too dumb. A good team will destroy that zone with grant OR Roberson in the middle. I would like to see a Man to Man, switch everything defense and then double from weak side if it gets to the post and just dig very hard. That team of five can guard and is extremely athletic. Putting grant in the middle and keeping to a 2-3 zone will simply not work

Thats fine but my argument was that people say they had a problem with the shot and yet would have cheered like hell had it went in.

To be honest I had a much bigger problem with Grants flying acrobatic shot early in the first half that somehow went in. Its the reversal of Robersons shot. Grants shot (which was 100X worse) went in so it was ok.
Why a problem with Grants shot? That is what Grant is supposed to do. Take it inside. Over 50% of the time the officials will call that a foul on Clemson. Really weird it wasn't called that time. But in any event that is Grant's strength and it is his role.

Roberson's role is also inside as a rebounder and clean up man. He is 4th option material at this point in his career
Neither of them are supposed to be making their living at the 3 pt line.

And if you have a problem with the shot you don't get to cheer if it goes in? C'mon were still SU fans. You didn't cheer when Grant's shot went in?

Grant.
Grant? As the third center? Who are you counting as the second center with BMK out then? I was counting Rak then Grant.

We need 3 centers. We just played our 3rd center last game.

I haven't read this whole thread, but I have to wonder if we would even be having this discussion if we all weren't so skittish with our center injuries. Seriously we have had the worse stretch of this. What did we do to deserve this each and every incredible season we have had lately? This thread makes me even more nervous. I don't even want to think about him not coming back.

I think this discussion is all for not, but I really don't think JB would have any chance but to burn Chino's RS. As much as Rak has developed if he has to play 35 minutes a game he is going to get in foul trouble. Our defensive rebounding was awful when Grant was at center. No way Roberson is going to play C. We need warm bodies and that is exactly what Chino is. We have a chance to win it all, and JB isn't getting any younger. It's all hands on deck

Call me crazy: I would like to see a Man to Man, switch everything defense and then double from weak side if it gets to the post and just dig very hard. That team of five can guard and is extremely athletic. Putting grant in the middle and keeping to a 2-3 zone will simply not work
Apologies for the editing... I'm assuming your kidding.

But if not, you do realize that JB will never coach another minute of m2m in his entire career, right? He's averaging 30 wins a year, with a FF, E8, and had 3 of the best shots he's ever had at a NC since going exclusively zone.

He's never coaching m2m again, like never, as in never ever. Ever.

Last edited:
Why a problem with Grants shot? That is what Grant is supposed to do. Take it inside. Over 50% of the time the officials will call that a foul on Clemson. Really weird it wasn't called that time. But in any event that is Grant's strength and it is his role.

Roberson's role is also inside as a rebounder and clean up man. He is 4th option material at this point in his career
Neither of them are supposed to be making their living at the 3 pt line.

And if you have a problem with the shot you don't get to cheer if it goes in? C'mon were still SU fans. You didn't cheer when Grant's shot went in?

Sure I did but shaking my head. How many times has he done that this year when it hasnt gone in? Try everytime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom