If it turns out to be a big a crowd as it looks it's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If it turns out to be a big a crowd as it looks it's

No.
The aisles split the sections - so seats with 1,2,3, etc are on one side of the numbered aisle and seats with 101, 102, etc are on the other side of the numbered aisle.
The Dome is unique (and in my view good) in this - in that it's one of the only stadiums where you don't have to guess which aisle to walk down (or up). That happens a lot when you are in other places - say you're sitting in seat 4.. only to get to the section and find the aisle you're in starts with seat 20 and goes down.

astronaut_diaper.jpg

Still time to purchase an astronaut diaper before the game (for those of you who are squeamish about making a urinal trough of the seating below you.)

two beer limit = way more traffic

Even though I can't be there, it's the few and far between games like this that I love our seats even more. So easy to get in and out for beer runs. If they'd just figure out a way to add bathrooms to the end zone, or stadium pal, it would be nirvana.

I hope they staff up appropriately.

The wait to pass through the metal detector the first two games has been horribly long. They better buy some more wands.

going to be and the forecast holds, those of you who haven't experienced it, be prepared.

1. While we are joking about being hydrated, don't take it for granted. It looks like it is going to be a sweat box. One of our favorite posters did a nose dive a couple of years ago, and he claims it wasn't because he was three sheets.

2. If you are the least bit claustrophobic, stay out of the corners.

3. Speaking of the hallways, move along, it's not the time to ball up in groups for conversations. And do a little scouting and find the gate nearest your seats, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration.

4. Saturday will not be the day for trips up and down the stairs, you are better off getting seated and staying there for the duration. If you are used to being able to hit the bathroom or concessions with no fuss or muss, things will be much, much different.

5. If there is a massive rush of a late arriving crowd, it could be a disaster getting through the wanding. I hope they staff up appropriately.

Hopefully the program gets to the point where we don't have to warn people to be prepared for a crowd ;)

two beer limit = way more traffic

The two-beer limit in place everywhere now is the dumbest thing ever enacted. A president needs to run on striking this policy down as the primary focus of his/her platform. I would vote.

The two-beer limit in place everywhere now is the dumbest thing ever enacted. A president needs to run on striking this policy down as the primary focus of his/her platform. I would vote.

Not to be a square, but wouldn't that inevitably lead to more people leaving the Dome -faced and thus more drunk driving?

STAY FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. IF YOU LEAVE EARLY (like many others do) YOU AREN'T BEATING ANY TRAFFIC. YOU WILL GET HOME FASTER BY STAYING THE ENTIRE GAME THAN YOU WOULD IF YOU LEAVE EARLY.

Not to be a square, but wouldn't that inevitably lead to more people leaving the Dome -faced and thus more drunk driving?

SU should think of rewarding the designated drivers. Have them wear a wristband to show they're driving, and they get half off soda or something like that.

But then again, you could have your buddies just buy you a beer and bring it back.

If you drink enough you won't be able to walk to your car and drive drunk. Either drink a lot or a little but don't drink like Goldilocks.

If you drink enough you won't be able to walk to your car and drive drunk. Either drink a lot or a little but don't drink like Goldilocks.

Drinking to the point of not being able to walk? You must still be in college. I'm jealous - enjoy it while it lasts.

STAY FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. IF YOU LEAVE EARLY (like many others do) YOU AREN'T BEATING ANY TRAFFIC. YOU WILL GET HOME FASTER BY STAYING THE ENTIRE GAME THAN YOU WOULD IF YOU LEAVE EARLY.

THIS.

This is one of the reasons I am glad I have a hotel room that evening. No long drives back for me.

May even try to hit up Armory after. TBD.

A couple of additions to Go's list:

Walk in the hallways like your driving in traffic...stay to the right and all will go smoothly. if you are walking up the wrong way up the left hand side, i will throw an indescriminate elbow your way and my wife will stick her leg out.

If someone starts the wave while we are on offense - please exercise your constitutional rights to bear arms.

Be there for kick-off for crissakes. That last beer in the parking lot is only going to make you sleepy by the fourth quarter.

My two biggest concerns at any SU game are:

1a. SU winning
1b. Go as long as humanly possible without breaking the seal.

This is way off topic, and kind of gross and personal, but I have a 99.9 percentile bladder capacity. I have almost filled 64 oz. gatorade bottle in one shot before. Average is 600 mL. (19 oz.) If anyone is curious, this was acquired in part due to 1b.

http://www.reference.com/motif/health/human-bladder-capacity

This is way off topic, and kind of gross and personal, but I have a 99.9 percentile bladder capacity. I have almost filled 64 oz. gatorade bottle in one shot before. Average is 600 mL. (19 oz.) If anyone is curious, this was acquired in part due to 1b.

http://www.reference.com/motif/health/human-bladder-capacity

I will respond to your urinary TMI with one of my own...

I physically can't pee if someone is waiting behind me and wants me to hurry. My entire urinary tract just shuts down. Thus, if I have to go, I have to go while the game is happening and the bathroom is empty, and not halftime. It's a crippling disability of mine that I've just learned to live with.

Yes, probably. I'm still for it. I mean, people still find a way to be complete a$$hats in public even with the stadium limits. And, in the meantime, if you go to a game with 3 buddies, two of you have to get in line every time you get a round. Just a total pain.

Yes, probably. I'm still for it. I mean, people still find a way to be complete a$$hats in public even with the stadium limits. And, in the meantime, if you go to a game with 3 buddies, two of you have to get in line every time you get a round. Just a total pain.

#firstworldproblems

:)

I physically can't pee if someone is waiting behind me and wants me to hurry. My entire urinary tract just shuts down. Thus, if I have to go, I have to go while the game is happening and the bathroom is empty, and not halftime. It's a crippling disability of mine that I've just learned to live with.
stage fright

A couple of additions to Go's list:

Walk in the hallways like your driving in traffic...stay to the right and all will go smoothly. if you are walking up the wrong way up the left hand side, i will throw an indescriminate elbow your way and my wife will stick her leg out.

If someone starts the wave while we are on offense - please exercise your constitutional rights to bear arms.

Be there for kick-off for crissakes. That last beer in the parking lot is only going to make you sleepy by the fourth quarter.

Agree on everything except your last point, that last tailgate beer should be started in the parking lot and consumed on the walk to the dome.

All this discussion of the beer lines makes me think the dome should set up 8-10 booths scattered outside the dome to card and wristbands people ahead of time that are 21+ cut down on the line time then inside once someone is carded they get wristbanded. Efficiency.

That sounds very inconvenient, and I am sorry to hear it! But a question: if there are lots of people coming and going, does that make it easier? Because I think men will be jostling and pushing to get IN and get OUT, and no one will notice you.

Why am I responding to this thread????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom