If JB wants good team the coaches need to add at least two more difference makers for next season. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If JB wants good team the coaches need to add at least two more difference makers for next season.

I think he will be a great player next year as well. And with Benny, who is going to be very good. we are off to the races. Now, throw in a guy like Powell.
At which position? If Buddy is great and playing 35 mpg at the 2 and Benny is very good and playing 30-35 mpg at the 3 ... that doesn't leave much room for someone like Powell.

There’s definitely some infighting going on. We are going to end this with 3 players. It’s ridiculous. Most schools will at least be able to fill a starting lineup.
Huh? Infighting among the assistants or between JB and the assistants?

At which position? If Buddy is great and playing 35 mpg at the 2 and Benny is very good and playing 30-35 mpg at the 3 ... that doesn't leave much room for someone like Powell.

Make benny a 4? I guess maybe they are hoping Guerrier comes back. It's still pg that scares me. JB is just all in on Girard and there's nothing that's going to change there.

I would love to disagree with you. But I can't. There are guys in the portal that should be must gets for us. Guys that on this team, that would make everyone forget what we have lost when the results start next year. The guy we got today isn't one of them. The next guy we get, who I really like, isn't either. I think the idea should be ...let's load up and take a run at this thing. We have players here that added with other guys make that possible. Just being good enough, isn't good enough. And if it is, well, that is our answer, isn't it.
This is exactly what it looks like to me right now. I would rather be proven wrong.
It will be highly dissapointing and frankly quite an odd way to go from JB. You would think he would want as much talent as possible.

I agree with this.

You could argue the staff's actions, decisions or strengths / weaknesses led to a downturn in the program. But that doesn't mean the staff was not trying like hell for a better outcome -- the actions and decisions they took, good or bad, were done with the intent of trying to make the team better. But those decisions are not always right -- and the staff does not always have the proper skills to be successful in the current environment. But they are still fighting.
What proper skills do the assistants lack? Just looking for some specifics. That’s a pretty vague statement.

Last edited:
Benny is playing the 4. With us, it doesn't really change much. You give me Buddy, Powell and Benny, I will make it work. And so would JB
Powell could definitely help handling the ball like Dolezaj, but there’s no evidence we have even got involved.

Make benny a 4? I guess maybe they are hoping Guerrier comes back. It's still pg that scares me. JB is just all in on Girard and there's nothing that's going to change there.
I guess I was confused, I thought Benny was coming in with the 3 skillset, not that it matters much like Dash said, with some combination of Marek/QG/Woody/Jimmy Jr playing the 4.

I’m telling everyone right now, Jimmy B would be a very solid addition. I don’t get the lack of excitement with him joining the team. This kid works super hard and has improved a lot this year. I’m more excited about him coming on board than anyone. Amazing what having more than 1 or 2 shooters could do for this team

I’m telling everyone right now, Jimmy B would be a very solid addition. I don’t get the lack of excitement with him joining the team. This kid works super hard and has improved a lot this year. I’m more excited about him coming on board than anyone. Amazing what having more than 1 or 2 shooters could do for this team

does he start, in your opinion?

I think he will help us as well. But just want us to go for more.

I agree. I still want to see us get more athletic but its obvious just watching some tape on Jr that he has some post moves and footwork that no one on our team this year had. He is a solid addition...just want us to add more firepower.

I’m warming up to the Jimmy idea.

He didn’t shoot 3’s great his last year, but he was also THE MAN on opponents scouting reports, so naturally he got a lot of defensive attention.

As the say 3rd or 4th option on O here while he’s on the floor?
I’d imagine he can shoot more like mid-30’s range, which is more than adequate.

He’s got nice post moves and footwork, and he’s a grown-ass man, not a beanpole.

IF he’s the 3rd (or 4th) forward, I dig this pickup.

IF he’s on the JAB play all the slow white dudes 35+ a game plan -
then I’ll pass.

No. That is my assumption. I make that assumption by his reactions. I don't see us hitting the portal the way I think a coach that wanted a powerhouse team would.
Yea, he ain’t no Nate Oats or Chris Beard. Those two have been relentless the last couple years in the transfer market.

I’m warming up to the Jimmy idea.

He didn’t shoot 3’s great his last year, but he was also THE MAN on opponents scouting reports, so naturally he got a lot of defensive attention.

As the say 3rd or 4th option on O here while he’s on the floor?
I’d imagine he can shoot more like mid-30’s range, which is more than adequate.

He’s got nice post moves and footwork, and he’s a grown-ass man, not a beanpole.

IF he’s the 3rd (or 4th) forward, I dig this pickup.

IF he’s on the JAB play all the slow white dudes 35+ a game plan -
then I’ll pass.
The problem is going to be the zone.

we all know what we need in the zone and what are best zone teams have.
length and speed mask a lot of the issues with the zone.

Benny is playing the 4. With us, it doesn't really change much. You give me Buddy, Powell and Benny, I will make it work. And so would JB

That combo would be lethal and that isn't hyperbole. Again to your point about effort though - it would take a lot to get Powell here given the competition.

That combo would be lethal and that isn't hyperbole. Again to your point about effort though - it would take a lot to get Powell here given the competition.
Do we have an actual shot at Powell?

He can play the 1, 2 or 3.

Just need an ACC ready defensive center and one more ACC-level athlete guard. This years team beats Houston and OSU en route to final 4 if you insert Benny.

He can play the 1, 2 or 3.

One can dream but Powell/Buddy with a second unit of Symir and Joe would be a really fun rotation and give defenses different looks. You can run 3 guard with Buddy at the 3 and Benny or Q at the 4 as well. Then run your center rotation. Add Jimmy Jr into the forward rotation and we can dream again of a deeper rotation. Dream the key word here.

Throw in Powell or swider and with already of addition of Jimmy B we have a very good shooting team. However idk how we get them open without someone to drive and kick maybe symir suprises us

Throw in Powell or swider and with already of addition of Jimmy B we have a very good shooting team. However idk how we get them open without someone to drive and kick maybe symir suprises us
This is why I agree jimmy B is an underrated addition but at the same time like many mentioned we lack athleticism

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom