If JB wants good team the coaches need to add at least two more difference makers for next season. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If JB wants good team the coaches need to add at least two more difference makers for next season.

Cannot access but what is the list?
I have the same problem and it seems more and more posts pop up with sites/articles that can not be accessed. Probably my hangup but it is irritating to rerference or be directed to a site some of us can not see or access. I suspect over time more and more folks are going to continue to make these "for pay" sites. Just frustrating to open up to the daily post on this site and find several posts you can not open without subscribing.

What proper skills do the assistants lack? Just looking for some specifics. That’s a pretty vague statement.

It's a purposely general statement, that could be all or only some of those factors) as a response to the claim that the staff is not trying.

Whatever factors have led to our downturn, I don't think its because people are not trying to make it better.

Last edited:
I’m warming up to the Jimmy idea.

He didn’t shoot 3’s great his last year, but he was also THE MAN on opponents scouting reports, so naturally he got a lot of defensive attention.

As the say 3rd or 4th option on O here while he’s on the floor?
I’d imagine he can shoot more like mid-30’s range, which is more than adequate.

He’s got nice post moves and footwork, and he’s a grown-ass man, not a beanpole.

IF he’s the 3rd (or 4th) forward, I dig this pickup.

IF he’s on the JAB play all the slow white dudes 35+ a game plan -
then I’ll pass.
That's fair.

I guess I was confused, I thought Benny was coming in with the 3 skillset, not that it matters much like Dash said, with some combination of Marek/QG/Woody/Jimmy Jr playing the 4.
Only 1 of the players you listed for playing the 4 will actually be here next season.

I agree with this.

You could argue the staff's actions, decisions or strengths / weaknesses led to a downturn in the program. But that doesn't mean the staff was not trying like hell for a better outcome -- the actions and decisions they took, good or bad, were done with the intent of trying to make the team better. But those decisions are not always right -- and the staff does not always have the proper skills to be successful in the current environment. But they are still fighting.
Can we stop saying staff? This is all one guy. I'm sure the staff is trying to balance everything the best they can.

I would love to disagree with you. But I can't. There are guys in the portal that should be must gets for us. Guys that on this team, that would make everyone forget what we have lost when the results start next year. The guy we got today isn't one of them. The next guy we get, who I really like, isn't either. I think the idea should be ...let's load up and take a run at this thing. We have players here that added with other guys make that possible. Just being good enough, isn't good enough. And if it is, well, that is our answer, isn't it.
You would think JB would be going balls to the wall trying to improve at the PG, F and C positions for his last go round or two. Simply settling with what we have and some depth pieces, while not pursuing higher end options is really not giving the best effort (transfer and recruiting-wise). It stinks and maintaining this status quo the program has become is just a bit of drag.

Curious, who are your must gets in the portal, in case that was feasible?

I think JB is a lot like my MIL and he needs to do things his way because he wants to be right every time and won’t admit if he was wrong.

I want to acknowledge this. First thanks for answering the question and second, I don't disagree that is certainly how he comes off when I see him speak in the local press. Will he cut off his nose to spite his face though? I dunno. We know he is hyper competitive - the question is who does he see as the bigger competitor here: the rest of college basketball or people who have told him he's wrong about the roster.

JB should be acquiring as much talent as he can.
If he has talent he will make it work.

If JB had Iowa’s roster I think he does better than 2nd round.
Swider or Braswell? Who ya got?

Swider...and I love Braswell but I think hes really playing through some pain. Swider can get more physical then Bobby. Bobby was really good at cutting off passing lanes though so that will be missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom