IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse?

I think anyone believing Florida State or Miami can capture past glory isn’t realizing how much changes in the sport and state have impacted those two schools. I can see Miami being a draw to other conferences because it’s Miami - so even if they hover around 6-6 you don’t care because you wanted the market. But Tallahassee isn’t a huge market, and there’s a better chance of them turning into Nebraska if they go to another conference than there is they will be re-energized.

Conference expansion seems to result in a whole lot more losers than winners…I’d bet on FSU and Miami being seen as losers regardless of how things proceed.

They may want to leave but they can’t afford to leave. One, they can’t afford the buy out. Two, they can’t afford to lose all their media right $ for the next 10 years. Even with SEC $ (you said B10 but that’s ridiculous, they aren’t ever going to the B10) it would take them well over a decade to just break even from the $ they lost.
The Internet kooks think they have an out.

Within the next 5-10 years SU will probably end up in the Big 12. It will happen by 2036 at the latest.

If the B12 wanted to bring in the 5 remaining strong sports schools in the PAC, AU, ASU, UU, OU and UW, that would put them at 18 teams. They could release Cincy and WVU to come to the ACC. Then both conferences would be at 16. Then you end up with 4 conference that are basically a northern one a southern one a western one and an eastern one.

If the ACC was trying to get to a financial level similar to the SEC/BIG, would it ever be beneath the members to start culling the herd so to speak. If schools can leave at some point, what would stop the ACC from kicking members out for being a drain on revenue? not saying this would happen to SU, but is WF worth THAT much to the ACC if this becomes just a race to maximum revenue no matter the relationships.

Ultimately these teams are now just assets worth something to television eyeballs.

I think anyone believing Florida State or Miami can capture past glory isn’t realizing how much changes in the sport and state have impacted those two schools. I can see Miami being a draw to other conferences because it’s Miami - so even if they hover around 6-6 you don’t care because you wanted the market. But Tallahassee isn’t a huge market, and there’s a better chance of them turning into Nebraska if they go to another conference than there is they will be re-energized.

Conference expansion seems to result in a whole lot more losers than winners…I’d bet on FSU and Miami being seen as losers regardless of how things proceed.
Miami also plays in an NFL stadium 40 minutes from campus that they fill at 60% capacity. The atmosphere there is awful.

After living the high life for a few decades I think SU ends up back where they started, in a collective of Northeast schools.

Big East and Football Independent?

Those SEC B1G and B12 teams will need some OCC games to play.

I think the cottage industry of people buying blue check marks and creating nonsensical rumors about things is the result of Elon Musk's twitter. I feel like the sports rumormongering around things that can take a while to come to fruition (or are long options like realignment) fit well with this cottage industry.

it's the same weirdos who proclaim end of world on x dates.

This Swaim guy is a lunatic, there's a Big 10 twitter guy who is also a crazy person. I will be blown away if FSU decides to bring war to the ACC and has the invitation in hand from the BIG/SEC. Those conferences don't want to be dragged into the ACC battle.

it's all lunacy. i wouldn't pay attention. i could see the FSU saber rattle about the GOR but to actually move forward with an exit seems crazy to me
It has been going on long before Elon bought Twitter. Elon isn't the problem, the problem is idiots give these guys clicks.

Miami also plays in an NFL stadium 40 minutes from campus that they fill at 60% capacity. The atmosphere there is awful.
I went to the game in '17 IIRC the year. Dungey played valiantly and we almost won. A stupid chain wearing Miami fan tried to pick a fight with one of our fans who was maybe a buck fifty. Fortunately an old SU Linebacker was right behind the Cuse fan and shut the Miami Fan down.

The stadium was horrid. It was so sticky. The roof actually kept the air still and made it worst.

To add...is it really the ACC? You have two very valuable pieces (the most in the ACC, right?) leaving an ESPN property to go to a FOX property. Isn't it really ESPN letting them off the hook?

TX/OU leaving ONE YEAR early took at least that long to negotiate the final numbers. But its going to take one week to negotiate a complicated 10+ year commitment?
Internet Kooks from the Big12 have it all figured out. Finding out the Cinci and UCF fans are as bad as the WV fans for kook theories and Internet bravado over the ACC.

Internet Kooks from the Big12 have it all figured out. Finding out the Cinci and UCF fans are as bad as the WV fans for kook theories and Internet bravado over the ACC.
UCF has more vigor than Miami, FSU or Florida. ACC should have sent FSU packing and taken the Knights. People from Ohio are, generally speaking, kooks.

It is beyond that. There is a Nebraska fan who is essentially the B16 Dude. He is totally clueless. He tried to make the argument that VA Tech has the longest FB history from the ACC when in fact they were nothing prior to the 90s. Yet people follow him like he knows something. His new thing is so and so on Warchant says FSU getting out so it is happening.

It is beyond that. There is a Nebraska fan who is essentially the B16 Dude. He is totally clueless. He tried to make the argument that VA Tech has the longest FB history from the ACC when in fact they were nothing prior to the 90s. Yet people follow him like he knows something. His new thing is so and so on Warchant says FSU getting out so it is happening.

Any relation to Over the Tank Frank from WV?

If you listen to warchant TV today YouTube and listen to their Chair for their board he basically says without coming out and saying it Florida State is leaving the ACC very soon. I worry the ACC is going to collapse very quickly and he said the “GOR will not influence their decision”

If you listen to warchant TV today YouTube and listen to their Chair for their board he basically says without coming out and saying it Florida State is leaving the ACC very soon. I worry the ACC is going to collapse very quickly and he said the “GOR will not influence their decision”
Get your exercise another way other than jumping to conclusions.

Get your exercise another way other than jumping to conclusions.
It’s not jumping to
Conclusions watch the interview, some quotes are

ACC revenue gap is impossible to close”
“We won’t be waiting till 2036”
“Teams in Acc don’t all have the same goals”

I went to the game in '17 IIRC the year. Dungey played valiantly and we almost won. A stupid chain wearing Miami fan tried to pick a fight with one of our fans who was maybe a buck fifty. Fortunately an old SU Linebacker was right behind the Cuse fan and shut the Miami Fan down.

The stadium was horrid. It was so sticky. The roof actually kept the air still and made it worst.
At least that was a night game right? I've been there for NFL games and if you sit on the visitor/sun side you literally cook.

It’s not jumping to
Conclusions watch the interview, some quotes are

ACC revenue gap is impossible to close”
“We won’t be waiting till 2036”
“Teams in Acc don’t all have the same goals”
It’s not possible with the GOR. The penalty would be 100’s of millions of dollars if they left now.

And if it was so easy to get out of a GOR then Texas would have done so when they went to the SEC and not bothered to wait.

The ACC owns FSU’s media rights until 2036 if they leave now. It’s not happening unless something dramatic happens.

Supposedly if a number of schools leave all at the same time (~7 or so) then the GOR would be cancelled but I’m not sure if that’s true or not. Just a comment I read somewhere.

It’s not possible with the GOR. The penalty would be 100’s of millions of dollars if they left now.

And if it was so easy to get out of a GOR then Texas would have done so when they went to the SEC and not bothered to wait.

The ACC owns FSU’s media rights until 2036 if they leave now. It’s not happening unless something dramatic happens.

Supposedly if a number of schools leave all at the same time (~7 or so) then the GOR would be cancelled but I’m not sure if that’s true or not. Just a comment I read somewhere.
They seem to think it’s possible, watch the interview, he made that clear…. If you go to Tigernet clemsons page they got the same feeling.

As long as all the ACC media contracts stay the same, it wouldn't be a bad thing to let FSU or any other school pay $300+ million dollars to leave the league. They are going to leave at some point, might as well add programs that will be committed for the long term now and take the extra revenue.
Bro, you make it sound so simple. When I'm a contrary, no, it's not. There are no schools worth bringing in Of value at this point I mean, we create. We had a chance earlier. But everyone Phillips sit another d*** hands. So I mean, I think our best chance. Is the NCAA I mean? They wanna keep the ACC around. Why the hell won't they just let us renegotiate But there's always some shady a** Reason why they don't want to. So who knows? I mean, it shoots turn it into like some real cut throat throat type of s*** Business man, come on, get a little carried away. Man, I'm surprised they'll change the name from the Big Ten Conference to start using f****** mafia family names. The Gambino conference.

Of course, they could Miami I mean, 4 to stay? Has a better chance to Miami though. I mean, you just gotta have the ray coach and Sky's the limit. Florida State has access to some of the best players in the country. So I'm don't agree with that assessment. But I mean, that's your opinion of course. It'll be harder, I mean, sure it would be harder for every team in that conference. Turn off the only once, they just want to freak it. Money. That's, that's all this is about.

I mean, I don't really think they care who sees them as loses. I mean, I don't because obviously they got done with. Everybody else is trying to get done including us. So I mean, I can what should I know everything is fair. You know, we're not all born equal. No weather, it's people programs. whatever