IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse?

They seem to think it’s possible, watch the interview, he made that clear…. If you go to Tigernet clemsons page they got the same feeling.
The Atty's that put the GOR in place were not amateurs. And I have to think, if they could do it, they would have done it by now. I think what they are doing now, is trying to get the ACC to blink and give them more revenue than the other members. Clemson and FSU think they are entitled to more. This is an attempt to get more without the futile attempt to break the GOR.

The Atty's that put the GOR in place were not amateurs. And I have to think, if they could do it, they would have done it by now. I think what they are doing now, is trying to get the ACC to blink and give them more revenue than the other members. Clemson and FSU think they are entitled to more. This is an attempt to get more without the futile attempt to break the GOR.
There is no way the SEC wants FSU, and they don't meet any of the Big 10 criteria.
The only conference that would want them is the Big 12.

It’s not possible with the GOR. The penalty would be 100’s of millions of dollars if they left now.

And if it was so easy to get out of a GOR then Texas would have done so when they went to the SEC and not bothered to wait.

The ACC owns FSU’s media rights until 2036 if they leave now. It’s not happening unless something dramatic happens.

Supposedly if a number of schools leave all at the same time (~7 or so) then the GOR would be cancelled but I’m not sure if that’s true or not. Just a comment I read somewhere.
It is 8 out 15. They believe the GOR was done in NC so NC law applies. A simple majority they think.

At least that was a night game right? I've been there for NFL games and if you sit on the visitor/sun side you literally cook.
No it was earlier. I think it was 3:30pm

It’s not jumping to
Conclusions watch the interview, some quotes are

ACC revenue gap is impossible to close”
“We won’t be waiting till 2036”
“Teams in Acc don’t all have the same goals”

Sometimes colleges say things. Just because they say them, doesn’t mean they’re true. Penn state says they care about kids and their futures. ND cares about safety and then sends a kid up to videotape a practice - TerryD can fill in the rest of the facts. North Carolina cares about academics……. Rutgers doesn’t care, wait, that one is true. Anyway, colleges say things. It doesn’t mean it’s true.

So because they aren’t getting as much money as they want for mostly sucking the last 10 years that means they can just leave?

Sometimes colleges say things. Just because they say them, doesn’t mean they’re true. Penn state says they care about kids and their futures. ND cares about safety and then sends a kid up to videotape a practice - TerryD can fill in the rest of the facts. North Carolina cares about academics……. Rutgers doesn’t care, wait, that one is true. Anyway, colleges say things. It doesn’t mean it’s true.

So because they aren’t getting as much money as they want for mostly sucking the last 10 years that means they can just leave?
They can if they are willing to pay the exit fees

They can if they are willing to pay the exit fees

They can’t afford to pay the exit fees. And AGAIN, not to be a jerk but they lose all $ they would make from their media rights if they moved to a different conference UNTIL the GOR ends. That’s on top of, if they could afford the exit fee. It would take them 2 decades or so to break even if they left tomorrow. It makes no sense.

Just because I want a mansion I still need the money to pay for it. This stuff is actually really simple.

It’s just posturing. Like North Korea threatening Nuclear War so their population doesn’t starve.

They can’t afford to pay the exit fees. And AGAIN, not to be a jerk but they lose all $ they would make from their media rights if they moved to a different conference UNTIL the GOR ends. That’s on top of, if they could afford the exit fee. It would take them 2 decades or so to break even if they left tomorrow. It makes no sense.

Just because I want a mansion I still need the money to pay for it. This stuff is actually really simple.

100%, I certainly believe they want to bolt and ultimately they will once the GOR ending is in sight but it'd nearly impossible to leave now u less their planning to sue to get out and think they will somehow be successful. Financially they don't have the $$ to get out now.

After living the high life for a few decades I think SU ends up back where they started, in a collective of Northeast schools.

Once the ACC inevitably breaks up there's 4 realistic scenarios where SU ends up.

The most likely is some new conference containing the remaining P5 schools who didn't end up in the B10 or SEC. This is likely Wake, Pitt, BC, VA Tech, Lville and probably some combo of the left over Pac 10 schools and new invites like Uconn, SMU, Memphis

Second is a reunion with the Big East for all sports but football and some quasi Independency in football or fball only conference mis mosh of leftover P5 schools and the AAC

Third would be a B12 invite. This would be more practical but it's unclear how many schools the B12 could carry. A NE corridor of SU Uconn Pitt BC etc would go nicely with WVU.

Fourth and most unlikely is a B10 invite. I think the chances of this are probably 10% at best but it's not impossible.

UNC says that their kids can read.

I don't know if the NCAA still requires all sports conferences to be eligible for the NCAA tournaments, but the sensible thing would be to have the Pac10 and ACC both remain intact for all non-football sports. And then have a football-only league of all the remaining ACC and Pac schools.

It makes no sense to play college field hockey, soccer, volleyball, crew, track, cross country, etc or even basketball in a 3 time zone league. It's not ideal for football either but it could work, because there are fewer games and only 1 game a week. If a team had to make 1 or 2 cross country trips a season, it should be do-able.

Army and Navy don't want to be in a P5 caliber sports league. They especially don't want to play an ACC basketball schedule. Navy declined scheduling SU in FB when SU started getting good under Coach Mac.

I'm sorry but I really do not see any team in the big 12. Coming over to the ACC. There's way too much uncertainty now And until they completely solidified which that's pretty much Very unlikely
WV doesn't like being in the Big 12. They always wanted into the ACC but had to settle for the Big 12. The Big 12 GOR expires way before the ACC GOR does. Louisville is in the ACC and so is Pitt and likely would be VaTech. Cincinnati would prefer being with these schools also. UCF has no allegiance to or anything in common with schools in the wheat belt/ prairies.

WV doesn't like being in the Big 12. They always wanted into the ACC but had to settle for the Big 12. The Big 12 GOR expires way before the ACC GOR does. Louisville is in the ACC and so is Pitt and likely would be VaTech. Cincinnati would prefer being with these schools also. UCF has no allegiance to or anything in common with schools in the wheat belt/ prairies.

The GOR is up before the ACC's but unless the ACC has found away to greatly increase the yearly buyout by then and or they have solidified that FSU and Clemson aren't still looking to bolt a B12 team would be nuts to leave for a conference in the ACC that was on the verge of losing their top two teams and then UNC and UVA to the B10 (B10 has been coveting them for years). Secondly the ACC has had numerous opportunities to invite Cincy or WVU and has shown zero interest.

Yeah, I understand that, but the big 12 Compared to the ACC is a lot more stable right now. So why would a school leave? Right now, perception is definitely reality.
To go somewhere that might be broken up in a matter of time, it doesn't make any sense. IMO, so were gonna see what happens.

I mean, yes, I agree. West Virginia did want to come to the ACC because they were on an island at 1 time. But I don't believe they would leave now.

Yeah, I understand that, but the big 12 Compared to the ACC is a lot more stable right now. So why would a school leave? Right now, perception is definitely reality.
To go somewhere that might be broken up in a matter of time, it doesn't make any sense. IMO, so were gonna see what happens.

I mean, yes, I agree. West Virginia did want to come to the ACC because they were on an island at 1 time. But I don't believe they would leave now.
The Big 12 is stable?

The Big 12 is stable?
That's not what I said, is the ACC stable? Answer me this? which one do you think is more stable right now at this point in time? I think it's the big 12 right now, That is what I'm saying.

That's not what I said, is the ACC stable? Answer me this? which one do you think is more stable right now at this point in time? I think it's the big 12 right now, That is what I'm saying.
I think the GOR makes us more stable relative to the B12. But, it only gives the ACC a window to make a move to create true stability, or whatever stability IS in this day and age. The ACC needs to do something with this window and not allow the B12 to out maneuver the ACC. We need to move swiftly and intelligently.

Another thing is looking at the big picture. Which I always feel in this scenario.

obviously the commissioner in a big 12 is more of a visionary then either of our commissions we've had in the ACC. In other words, much more proactive. While we just sit around and wait. That's not a good strategy IMO

If you listen to warchant TV today YouTube and listen to their Chair for their board he basically says without coming out and saying it Florida State is leaving the ACC very soon. I worry the ACC is going to collapse very quickly and he said the “GOR will not influence their decision”
The GOR will influence their decision when forced to pay the exit fee and buy out their TV rights or play on TV for no money.

Several conferences, many schools, and every lawyer who thinks he or she has found an angle to attack the GOR have decided the GOR is solid. If it was as easy to break the GOR as FSU thinks it is, GORs would have been broken by now.

It’s not jumping to
Conclusions watch the interview, some quotes are

ACC revenue gap is impossible to close”
“We won’t be waiting till 2036”
“Teams in Acc don’t all have the same goals”
The gap was closing and will close. Will it ever be “close enough” for each school is the real question. Then again, FSU has failed to prove itself worthy of a huge boost in pay over the last several years. Maybe that is part of ESPN’s refusal to bump the ACC deal much higher at the last “look-in”.

Of course, they could Miami I mean, 4 to stay? Has a better chance to Miami though. I mean, you just gotta have the ray coach and Sky's the limit. Florida State has access to some of the best players in the country. So I'm don't agree with that assessment. But I mean, that's your opinion of course. It'll be harder, I mean, sure it would be harder for every team in that conference. Turn off the only once, they just want to freak it. Money. That's, that's all this is about.

I mean, I don't really think they care who sees them as loses. I mean, I don't because obviously they got done with. Everybody else is trying to get done including us. So I mean, I can what should I know everything is fair. You know, we're not all born equal. No weather, it's people programs. whatever
Cali...Cali is that you...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom