IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse?

The schools you mention will not fare better in the B1G than in the Pac12. Perhaps if they jump to the Big12 they may fare better. In the B1G they will be a middle of the pack at best. The Pac12 has been largely overinflated by perception of many wins but they were paper tigers by and large as of late.

Regardless, I don't think ESPN is going to give up the ACC properties because the will lose northeast exposure in football and hoops, because the ACC generates revenue and profit, because holding the ACC essentially keeps the B1G out of the southeast, and because the ACC compliments the SEC with a long history between the core (read historical ACC and SEC) teams. Unless the ACC falls flat, I think ESPN pays the ACC, close enough to be content but not quite SEC and B1G levels.

ESPN has incentive to keep the ACC #3 by a decent margin. Overall they are underpaying. In 10 years (5 is just silly), I could see Miami bolting for the B16. And maybe FSU/Clemson to the SEC. At that point ESPN should want to keep the ACC TV payout as is. Yes that will be slightly overpaying, but the alternative is losing UNC, UVA, GA Tech, Notre Dame to the B16/FOX.

As long as UNC can compete in BBall, they have no reason to leave.

ESPN has incentive to keep the ACC #3 by a decent margin. Overall they are underpaying. In 10 years (5 is just silly), I could see Miami bolting for the B16. And maybe FSU/Clemson to the SEC. At that point ESPN should want to keep the ACC TV payout as is. Yes that will be slightly overpaying, but the alternative is losing UNC, UVA, GA Tech, Notre Dame to the B16/FOX.

As long as UNC can compete in BBall, they have no reason to leave.
The point is that ESPN has to keep the ACC close enough for FSU and Clemson to stay in the ACC or they bolt. As I noted, the ACC will remain third, but close enough to keep schools content. If the ACC does not get a boost, every team will look to bolt and ESPN won't maintain the properties. Even if the teams have to wait out the GOR, FSU, Clemson and others will make the best deals they can. ESPN knows how the game is played and knows they cannot control everything.

Under your scenario, it would behoove Fox or another competitor to to make a deal with the ACC and scoop up the entire conference on the cheap. ESPN will not let that happen as long as the ACC is making money for ESPN.

Are you going or not going to rehab???
I can't figure out for the life of me why somebody would think that the SEC would give Syracuse an invite if they don't match up and I don't think one way so I mean, I don't somebody please explain that to me the only chance we would have. Is the big 10 and they really don't need us because. They already have a New York City team. Unfortunately I wanna say they're Freaking name Call the school but whatever the big 12 would be. Yet I mean, but they want, you know. They're thinking about getting uconn.

I really just think that once it starts. For the ACC schools leaving. It's just gonna be like a mass Exodus. There are a lot of attractive institutions, athletic departments. Whatever you wanna call schools in our conference. But for some reason, our bonehead commissioners cannot come up with anything close to the competition. But whatever it's past tense. What can I walk when we do now? And a rebuilt ACC I just do not see that. It it would be like the AAC on steroids and that is not saying anything.

Let's just pray that Adrian autry turns out to be a very good coach because if he does. I think we, we'll be much more desirable. Because I think we can get moving to close to second tier. Blue blood very quickly. If you do things right and the football team, you know there's potential there, but you know, you're always gonna have a certain things.

I mean, list Syracuse is gonna have to take some big time chances here.
And who they hire, just, you know? In case do you know doesn't work out? Which is a real possibility. You can't just go after some lame duck coach. You gotta make a move like ADN Sanders type on move. You gotta take a risk or not gonna what's not gonna happen
We have 2 change the perception of a lot of schools that we are trying to show who we are who we will be. Continue s Slow and playing It safe with mediocrity. Then we are not gonna make it. I'm not saying it's gonna happen. I'm just making a statement

The Big12 would like to grab us, but is that the best thing for SU? I don't think so. If we take the self-proclaimed Magnificent 7 out of the ACC (and I have my doubts about NC State and VaTech's value to the Big 2), the ACC would have a viable future as an all-sports conference and enough clout to add some schools - anywhere from WVU, Cincinnati, and UCF down to UConn, Temple, and USF.

BC
Syracuse
Pitt
(Louisville)
Duke
Wake
(GaTech)
(maybe NC State)
(maybe VaTech)

Keep adding until you get 10 members:
WVU
Cincinnati
UCF
Temple
UConn
USF
ECU

Actually, a 9 or 10 team conference is ideal. Play everyone in FB every year. Play every team twice a year in BB. That's when real rivalries develop and league interest is best (proven in the early days of the Big East).

You know WVU and UConn are locks to join if invited. I don't think Navy or Army would join. ND will need a league for its non-FB sports, and the Big2 would not permit what the ACC currently does. So ND may be involved in this ACC with an arrangement to play a minimum of FB games. The Big East is an option for them as well.

I don't think hybrid conferences work long term, ie, having half the league not playing FB. I'd rather not see SU join the current Big East with the schools they've added. But if SU was forced to join a hybrid conference, I would hope only the Gavitt-era Big East teams would be included (GTown, Nova, SJ, Providence, and I suppose Seton Hall ). Not sure they would leave the Big East to get involved with D1 FB schools again.

I'm sorry but I really do not see any team in the big 12. Coming over to the ACC. There's way too much uncertainty now And until they completely solidified which that's pretty much Very unlikely

I really hope you don't think that today Because Cincinnati is not gonna move again. Or ucf, etc, Or any of those schools that went into the big 12 then "And yesterday with Colorado". when Texas & Oklahoma left so I. Don't understand what how you're coming up with that, but Everyone has their own Opinion

I'm sorry but I really do not see any team in the big 12. Coming over to the ACC. There's way too much uncertainty now And until they completely solidified which that's pretty much Very unlikely
Kansas is really the only school that makes sense and their FB program hardly helps the ACC. WVU might be interested.

I would consider SU joining that conference vs being in a conference with BC, Wake, and some AAC schools.

Kansas is really the only school that makes sense and their FB program hardly helps the ACC. WVU might be interested.

I would consider SU joining that conference vs being in a conference with BC, Wake, and some AAC schools.

If I am the ACC, I would take Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, Utah, Arizona State now. That make the ACC the clear #3 conference, and creates a P4.

In 5 years when the B12 TV contract is up and they are in a situation like the PAC is now, the ACC should grab Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and the best looking option from Houston/TCU/Baylor (IMO it will be Houston). That will make an even bigger separation between the ACC and B12.

In 10 years the ACC can grab Cincy and one of WV/UConn. WV should be the pick but the academic snobs mike force UConn.

That will put the ACC in the best position to survive the upcoming B16/SEC raids when the ACC contract is up. The B12 will be something like San Diego State, BYU, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas State, TCU, Baylor, UConn, Memphis, UCF, USF. That conference will be raided by the ACC leftovers not the other way around.

If I am the ACC, I would take Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, Utah, Arizona State now. That make the ACC the clear #3 conference, and creates a P4.

In 5 years when the B12 TV contract is up and they are in a situation like the PAC is now, the ACC should grab Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and the best looking option from Houston/TCU/Baylor (IMO it will be Houston). That will make an even bigger separation between the ACC and B12.

In 10 years the ACC can grab Cincy and one of WV/UConn. WV should be the pick but the academic snobs mike force UConn.

That will put the ACC in the best position to survive the upcoming B16/SEC raids when the ACC contract is up. The B12 will be something like San Diego State, BYU, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas State, TCU, Baylor, UConn, Memphis, UCF, USF. That conference will be raided by the ACC leftovers not the other way around.
I would be all over at least Washington, Utah and Oregon, they easily bring the most value, but I am fine with those other PAC schools too, at least one to make it an even number

Cuse#1 please proof your posts. It is hard following along with the unintended word substitutions.

I really hope you don't think that today Because Cincinnati is not gonna move again. Or ucf, etc, Or any of those schools that went into the big 12 then "And yesterday with Colorado". when Texas & Oklahoma left so I. Don't understand what how you're coming up with that, but Everyone has their own Opinion
When the B12 signed their new TV contract. all the B12 schools signed a new GOR that ends when their new tv contract ends, in 2030-31. When the newbies joined, they also signed that GOR.

The ACC is not taking WV, Cincy or UCF until then (or maybe a year or so before). That ship has sailed.

These last two pages have been some of the worst collection of posts I’ve read in a long time. Finding factual information about the B12 and ACC GOR’s is pretty easy prior to posting completely false or irrelevant information.

I really just think that once it starts. For the ACC schools leaving. It's just gonna be like a mass Exodus. There are a lot of attractive institutions, athletic departments. Whatever you wanna call schools in our conference. But for some reason, our bonehead commissioners cannot come up with anything close to the competition. But whatever it's past tense. What can I walk when we do now? And a rebuilt ACC I just do not see that. It it would be like the AAC on steroids and that is not saying anything.

Let's just pray that Adrian autry turns out to be a very good coach because if he does. I think we, we'll be much more desirable. Because I think we can get moving to close to second tier. Blue blood very quickly. If you do things right and the football team, you know there's potential there, but you know, you're always gonna have a certain things.
This is a solid start. However if you want to get to Cali status you need to try harder. You're close keep grinding.