IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse?

It is 8 out 15. They believe the GOR was done in NC so NC law applies. A simple majority they think.
Read the GOR. The venue structure is brilliant.

A truism that is definitely true, deals are made to be broken. Someway, somehow, they’ll find a way.

For some of you the GOR is a deity. We'll see how strong it really is.

I was actually thinking of CaliCuse.
324.jpg

I wonder if the Colgate football fans saw it coming too, way way back in the day.

I think the GOR makes us more stable relative to the B12. But, it only gives the ACC a window to make a move to create true stability, or whatever stability IS in this day and age. The ACC needs to do something with this window and not allow the B12 to out maneuver the ACC. We need to move swiftly and intelligently.
Yes, that was the idea, but this money gap is what is gonna end and destroy the ACC.

Right now would be the easiest Time to poach for whatever they get. Where talking about is ACC pac scenario I mean, northern game is not gonna happen it never well so they just need to move on past that and find our value is and get it done. Our top schools WONT continue this trend!

This is not a matter of chance for these top schools in the ACC and the grand rights. This is a matter of inevitability if he does nothing!
Cali...Cali is that you...
Hey, bro, are you just one of those guys that just tells the same kind of, I'm not gonna call it a joke, but line over and over again. Take my word for it, not funny nor is it even relevant anymore because I took the microphone setting off.

Plus for the record, I am not this Cali, Or ever talk to him so

I'm trying to have a conversation about how our commissioner is 100% incompetent And I'm not sure how the interwork. But I wish there was like they could do no confidence phone and get him out of there even though it's probably too late anyway, if the big ten adds Oregon & Washington and probably will add Stanford and cal because they kind of fit the big 10 Mold

there will be nobody else that will that can bring value to the ACC, so therefore its pretty much over unless the NCAA caves and lets us renegotiate that's it. I can't see any of the way that they can make more revenue.
Plus obviously, that would really effect Syracuse and you're still talking about punctuation I mean, the fact that it's a lame comeback I mean, what do you 10 years old?

Yes, that was the idea, but this money gap is what is gonna end and destroy the ACC.

Right now would be the easiest Time to poach for whatever they get. Where talking about is ACC pac scenario I mean, northern game is not gonna happen it never well so they just need to move on past that and find our value is and get it done. Our top schools WONT continue this trend!

This is not a matter of chance for these top schools in the ACC and the grand rights. This is a matter of inevitability if he does nothing!

Hey, bro, are you just one of those guys that just tells the same kind of, I'm not gonna call it a joke, but line over and over again. Take my word for it, not funny nor is it even relevant anymore because I took the microphone setting off.

Plus for the record, I am not this Cali, Or ever talk to him so

I'm trying to have a conversation about how our commissioner is 100% incompetent And I'm not sure how the interwork. But I wish there was like they could do no confidence phone and get him out of there even though it's probably too late anyway, if the big ten adds Oregon & Washington and probably will add Stanford and cal because they kind of fit the big 10 Mold

there will be nobody else that will that can bring value to the ACC, so therefore its pretty much over unless the NCAA caves and lets us renegotiate that's it. I can't see any of the way that they can make more revenue.
Plus obviously, that would really effect Syracuse and you're still talking about punctuation I mean, the fact that it's a lame comeback I mean, what do you 10 years old?
Maybe you should try using your audio type again. Also there are free online courses that might help you.

For some of you the GOR is a deity. We'll see how strong it really is.
Who thinks that? Anyone arguing the GOR is stronger than FSU pretends knows the GOR is limited by time. Right now, the ACC and in particular, Syracuse, need time. FSU lacks the resources to buy back their TV rights, they can whine all they want but have no power to act.

Recall, if breaking GORs was easy OU and UT would have done so. USC and UCLA would likely have done so, too.

Who thinks that? Anyone arguing the GOR is stronger than FSU pretends knows the GOR is limited by time. Right now, the ACC and in particular, Syracuse, need time. FSU lacks the resources to buy back their TV rights, they can whine all they want but have no power to act.

Recall, if breaking GORs was easy OU and UT would have done so. USC and UCLA would likely have done so, too.
OU, UT, USC, and UCLA didn't hate the conferences they were in and only had a short duration to wait.

Last edited:

Those four schools are all in different conferences as of 2024. Their decision to leave set in motion a massive chain reaction well before they actually left which will happen in the ACC when Clemson and FSU announce even if the move is several years in the future.

This is stupid, USC and UCLA traveling an average of 2,300 miles to play conference foes is going to be awful for their student athletes. How do the non-revenue sports absorb those costs? All to chase another $10M a year at the expense of quality of life of students for their actual mission which is education.

Why are the BoD of these schools letting athletics drive the bus when it’s such a small portion of the school’s overall budget and not the primary mission of these non-profit organizations?

Those four schools are all in different conferences as of 2024. Their decision to leave set in motion a massive chain reaction well before they actually left which will happen in the ACC when Clemson and FSU announce even if the move is several years in the future.

This is stupid, USC and UCLA traveling an average of 2,300 miles to play conference foes is going to be awful for their student athletes. How do the non-revenue sports absorb those costs? All to chase another $10M a year at the expense of quality of life of students for their actual mission which is education.

Why are the BoD of these schools letting athletics drive the bus when it’s such a small portion of the school’s overall budget and not the primary mission of these non-profit organizations?
its more like 25 plus million not 10 and the olympic sports things can be managed

I think anyone believing Florida State or Miami can capture past glory isn’t realizing how much changes in the sport and state have impacted those two schools. I can see Miami being a draw to other conferences because it’s Miami - so even if they hover around 6-6 you don’t care because you wanted the market. But Tallahassee isn’t a huge market, and there’s a better chance of them turning into Nebraska if they go to another conference than there is they will be re-energized.

Conference expansion seems to result in a whole lot more losers than winners…I’d bet on FSU and Miami being seen as losers regardless of how things proceed.
I don’t get the thinking that Miami captures the south Florida market. Ditto BC. These are pro sports markets. Nobody cares about the CFB scene there. If deals start tilting towards subscribers I can’t see how those schools add anything other than nostalgia.

Miami also plays in an NFL stadium 40 minutes from campus that they fill at 60% capacity. The atmosphere there is awful.
60% is very generous. Maybe 40% on a typical day.

In the northeast/mid-atlantic the B1G has Pedo St., Maryland, and Rutgers. Probably a pipe dream but maybe when this whole thing falls apart the SEC might try to get into the Amtrak corridor and give SU an invite. No big deal for us, just different southern overlords. We can add hoops value and our football team can add value as a homecoming opponent.

So this feels like this is heading to 3 mega conferences of 20-22 teams (SEC, B1G and BXII). We’ll never be in the SEC. Our lifeline is probably BXII, but geographic fit would be B1G with a 50/50 shot we get kicked to the curb and relegated to a non power league, especially if the mega conferences decide to cap it at 20 teams each.

It’s not jumping to
Conclusions watch the interview, some quotes are

ACC revenue gap is impossible to close”
“We won’t be waiting till 2036”
“Teams in Acc don’t all have the same goals”
In response:

1.) This is nothing new. The ACC can't keep up with the Super Two. The goal is to be a strong #3.

2.) No, but you most likely will be waiting until 2030 or 2032. And who knows what things will look like at that time?

3.) This is as it should be. SU, BC, UVa, Duke, Wake, maybe others have no realistic shot at a national championship. But FSU has a smaller chance than their oversized egos would lead them to believe.

The easy answer is these legacy pac schools develop a small satellite campus in chicago. All olympic sport athletes rotate to this chicago satellite campus during their respective sports season :). Domestic study abroad

Maybe you should try using your audio type again. Also there are free online courses that might help you.
There u go again With that lame attempt at comedy. I mean, how many times are you gonna say? The same thing like come up with some kinda new sthick will ya.
I know what it is. I said something about or to you that you didn't like. You felt some kind of way, and now this is how you retaliate like Like a little baby and just from that reaction. I can tell that II just know that I have more intelligence than you everyone.
Because every time you say that you just prove to me how irrelevant you are With ignorance and just bazaar statements. That would never happen in the real world. Like let's go back to the biggest. You're one of those morons. I bet that is like the stupidest thing ever. Yeah, let's go back to a conference. We give you bankrupt. Sounds like a plan to you, right? Wow.

Here's an idea of bro, just do not read my post. How about that because I don't feel age? Having like just this annoying nat that causes a annoyance from time 2 time2time

You telling me that I should go to a class. Just because sometimes busy and I don't proofread after I use the microphone number one. That wouldn'twarrant a class.

There's nothing wrong with my typing genius., Long story short, you are not ruining my day whatsoever. So do whatever value you want. I could care less.