If UConn wins on Monday... | Syracusefan.com

If UConn wins on Monday...

itsbotime

2nd String
...they will have as many national titles as Duke. And just fifteen years ago, they had zero national titles. Crazy.

I wish our potentially great guards could actually stay in college long enough to be good enough to put our team on their backs in the tournament.

If Flynn, MCW, Waiters, or Ennis(looking into the future here) made it to their Junior/Senior seasons, would they have each been the best guard in the country and good enough to carry us to the national title? I say yes. In fact, most of them were better than Napier and Kemba were as freshmen and sophomores.

4 guys who would've become championship caliber lead guards, and they all left before it could happen. 0 for freakin 4.
I'm pissed.

I wish our potentially great guards could actually stay in college long enough to be good enough to put our team on their backs in the tournament.

If Flynn, MCW, Waiters, or Ennis(looking into the future here) made it to their Junior/Senior seasons, would they have each been the best guard in the country and good enough to carry us to the national title? I say yes. In fact, most of them were better than Napier and Kemba were as freshmen and sophomores.

4 guys who would've become championship caliber PG's, and they all left before it could happen. 0 for freakin 4.
I'm pissed.
UConn's had the gift/luck of 2 extremely elite college PGs who were guaranteed to stay at least 3 years because of their stature.

4 guys who would've become championship caliber lead guards, and they all left before it could happen. 0 for freakin 4.
I'm pissed.
That is a huge reason UConn has had success. Their guys stay, ours leave after a good 5 game stretch. Frustrating

If they pull it out, it would be hard to argue they are not the preeminent program of the last 20 years.

UConn's had the gift/luck of 2 extremely elite college PGs who were guaranteed to stay at least 3 years because of their stature.

And yet our 5'10 PG gets drafted at #6 after his sophomore year, with NBA teams wetting themselves because he had a nice smile and personality in pre-draft interviews or something.

If Jonny Flynn was a surly ahole with a chipped tooth, we've got another title.

I'm pissed.
MCW was a championship caliber guard and almost got us there. With the way this year's team played, and his play in the NBA, MCW's impact on the Final Four run became evident.

Ennis wouldn't have even seen the floor this year - other then mop-up time - if Waiters and MCW stayed. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if anyone can tell me (full disclosure, I'm not a recruiting expert) how you discern between these kids and guess which ones might be lottery and leave quick, which ones will stick around and then become great, and which ones will turn out to suck. everyone tries to recruit the most talented kids. we thought we had ennis for two years but it turns out he is content with 1 tourney win and a bad loss and is ready to move on. what exactly do you guys think the staff should have done differently. recruit less talented players and hope for the best?

And yet our 5'10 PG gets drafted at #6 after his sophomore year, with NBA teams wetting themselves because he had a nice smile and personality in pre-draft interviews or something.

If Jonny Flynn was a surly ahole with a chipped tooth, we've got another title.
Flynn was an elite athlete, that's why scouts fell in love. Napier and Walker weren't.

Christ people... Give it to them.. They deserve it.. You don't win three national titles on accident(on the verge of four)... Great program whom I absolutely cannot stand more than any other prgoram but what they do is what no programs can do except for four or five... Best program without a doubt the past 15-18 years. Depressing but it's a great(BLUEBLOOD) program

That is a huge reason UConn has had success. Their guys stay, ours leave after a good 5 game stretch. Frustrating

Maybe staying in school was a parole condition? ... :cool:

Syracuse wins a lot of games and has huge attendance and TV ratings and makes big money for all involved. It's built to make money not win championships , it's just a cash cow.

Last edited:
MCW was a championship caliber guard and almost got us there. With the way this year's team played, and his play in the NBA, MCW's impact on the Final Four run became evident.

Defensively, yes. Not offensively though. He wasn't quite there yet.

Imagine how much better he would've been this year? He wouldn't have been completely ineffective in a final 4 game in his 2nd year of actual playing time, I'm pretty confident of that.

How long does he stay at Uconn. He's a Uconn grad but was born in Dallas and went to Crenshaw HS in LA. Does he stay put with a fat raise or move to a more secure environment at a major upper tier D1 school? I'm thinking he would take the first major offer.. No?

jdubs30 said:
Flynn was an elite athlete, that's why scouts fell in love. Napier and Walker weren't.

And where is Flynn now?

How long does he stay at Uconn. He's a Uconn grad but was born in Dallas and went to Crenshaw HS in LA. Does he stay put with a fat raise or move to a more secure environment at a major upper tier D1 school? I'm thinking he would take the first major offer.. No?

Stay at UConn or take the OKC gig if Brooks is getting canned if they get upset in the first round.

rstone7727 said:

He's never leaving UConn.

Be. Fricking. Serious.

He might coach at SU next.

Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online