If UConn wins on Monday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If UConn wins on Monday...

Stay at UConn or take the OKC gig if Brooks is getting canned if they get upset in the first round.
This.

He's a UConn lifer unless he decides to go to the league.

The feeling I get is he'll be at UConn for a while, once the luster wears off, he'll make the jump to the NBA.

But he'll never coach at another D1 school. Ever.

Who gives a flying F. for the love of god people need to stop posting about Yukon.

Syracuse wins a lot of games and has huge attendance and TV ratings and makes big money for all involved. It's built to make monet not win championships , it's just a cash cow.

images

Unfortunately, no longer an elite athlete due to a major hip injury.

That was a sad development. I was bugged at him for leaving as he claimed he was staying right up the last minute, but I sure never wanted anything like that to happen to him.

Syracuse wins a lot of games and has huge attendance and TV ratings and makes big money for all involved. It's built to make money not win championships , it's just a cash cow.
Saying it's not "built to win championships" is ridiculous. We see how much of the crap shoot the tourney is, as long as you're in the field of 64 (68) you have a shot. Unfortunately for us, the teams that seemed to be best equipped to make a run were 2010 and 2012, where we had other issues get in the way.

Syracuse wins a lot of games and has huge attendance and TV ratings and makes big money for all involved. It's built to make money not win championships , it's just a cash cow.

Where do you get these ideas from?

We recruit tall, long guards. If they blossom, they are going to go. Short guards are not welcome in the NBA. Boatright 6'0", Napier 6'1" (not sure I believe that) and Ennis a legit 6'2". That extra inch or two is important... I guess..

We recruit tall, long guards. If they blossom, they are going to go. Short guards are not welcome in the NBA. Boatright 6'0", Napier 6'1" (not sure I believe that) and Ennis a legit 6'2". That extra inch or two is important... I guess..

No kidding, I was 6-1 when I played, 5-11 everywhere else :)

UCON simply has had better coaching over the years. Don't dare say that to the establishment on this board though. As you will all say JB is the best coach because he has 900+ wins. Reality is that he's simply not an elite coach.

To be fair to the coaching staff they have obviously recruited very well the past 5 or so year at the guard position. Maybe even the best in the country. That's why these players have left early. They are simply good. Can't fault the staff for that. The big guys is a differnt story. They haven't recruited well there lately.

UCON simply has had better coaching over the years. Don't dare say that to the establishment on this board though. As you will all say JB is the best coach because he has 900+ wins. Reality is that he's simply not an elite coach.
UConn was a lucky bounce and a 3 point play from going out to st joes in the first round. is that because Ollie is a great coach? Ollie is still playing with Calhoun's players, do you think that matters?

I consider Jim Calhoun to be the best coach in college basketball history. But people who get off on ragging on JB insinuate that JB sucks because he isn't the best coach in history.

UConn was a lucky bounce and a 3 point play from going out to st joes in the first round. is that because Ollie is a great coach? Ollie is still playing with Calhoun's players, do you think that matters?
Ollie's recruitng was an obvious strength from day 1, but it seems like in-game he's also very good.

You're right, we'll see how he does with his own players, but don't expect UConn to suffer much in recruiting than when they had Calhoun. To have the core Ollie had when he took over last year was a gift though; he inherited a talented roster and one of the best college G's of this decade.

Ollie doesn't have a big enough resume yet but he's certainly doing something right. But overall. Their coaching has just been better. JB is not and never will be an elite college coach. His late season failures are well documented. He's a good coach. Not a great one. Syracuse is a very easy job to be successful in. It's easy to recruit players to come here.

So, your saying it's his "dream job"...
I think so. Heck, he was Calhoun's choice. Their AD was underwhelmed at first but he saw the light. That being said, I didn't mean to be abrasive. I hate UConn as much as the next guy but think they got their coach.

Ollie doesn't have a big enough resume yet but he's certainly doing something right. But overall. Their coaching has just been better. JB is not and never will be an elite college coach. His late season failures are well documented. He's a good coach. Not a great one. Syracuse is a very easy job to be successful in. It's easy to recruit players to come here.
Debating him as an "great" coach aside; JB made Syracuse "easy to recruit" to. He made the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom