If UConn wins on Monday... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If UConn wins on Monday...

JB is not and never will be an elite college coach. His late season failures are well documented. He's a good coach. Not a great one. Syracuse is a very easy job to be successful in. It's easy to recruit players to come here.

He's a great coach. He's one of the top 25 coaches in the history college basketball. And the reason why syracuse is so easy to recruit, which it isn't, is because of JB and the fact that he's an elite coach.

But keep beating the dead horse that is your anti JB agenda.

I consider Jim Calhoun to be the best coach in college basketball history. But people who get off on ragging on JB insinuate that JB sucks because he isn't the best coach in history.
People rag on JB because he's a great coach who can't get it done. I don't think anyone's trying to say he's a bad coach. (Well, maybe Anglerman is, but he's alone.) His program's expectations are outgrowing what he can provide.

Silly thread. He is bleeds UConn. Blind hatred sucks.
If UConn fails to get in a major conference, he'll be gone with the next "major" school to offer. If UConn gets an ivite to one of the"BCS" conferences, he stays.

If UConn fails to get in a major conference, he'll be gone with the next "major" school to offer. If UConn gets an ivite to one of the"BCS" conferences, he stays.
You may be right. I don't know. But they got a good recruiting class coming in. I don't see anybody being concerned about their women's bball future. We shall see how it plays out.

skurey said:
In our new golden age UConn has been to 3 Final Fours and has 1 NC with a chance for another on Monday. We have been to 1 Final Four.

This says it all.

What was our other "golden age"? '86-'91? 1 final four also.

We underachieve in march, end of story.

The ancient seers, prophets and fully enlightened ones prophecised about this ages ago.

Why don't you think Syracuse has won more titles recently, and UK and UConn make alot of final fours, because if it went the other way the world can not end soon!!

The universe is doomed, the apocalypse will arise soon!! There is no hope, if Syracuse wins a few more titles there could be, but it looks like the end of days.
----Wise Nation of Orange, repent of your sins while you still can!!
War Otto!!!

Or maybe the illusion of reality can't maintain sanity without us being average, as if we aren't important. Maybe reality isn't strong enough to.

Last edited:
Ennis wouldn't have even seen the floor this year - other then mop-up time - if Waiters and MCW stayed. :rolleyes:

True, but I think the spirit of the comment was more along the lines of had Waiters stayed through 12-13, and MCW had stayed through this year, then Ennis is back next year. And we probably get at least 1 NC out of that, if not two.

But hats off to UConn.

Unlike quite a few on this board, I've always had great respect for their athletics department. It's just that so many of their fans annoy me.

Cheers,
Neil

Saying it's not "built to win championships" is ridiculous. We see how much of the crap shoot the tourney is, as long as you're in the field of 64 (68) you have a shot. Unfortunately for us, the teams that seemed to be best equipped to make a run were 2010 and 2012, where we had other issues get in the way.

To conquer the national championship, you have to win (6) games in row. That's it. In 30 tries, JB teams have done it once. Ollie may match that performance in just two years and that aint luck.

If they win Monday, they will have won 25% of championships of the past 16 seasons.

Quazzum69 said:
If they win Monday, they will have won 25% of championships of the past 16 seasons.

That's insane when you put it like that.

...will now play for a fourth national championship. Their opponents have been a #1 seed, a #4 seed and two #8 seeds.

We played two #1 seeds and a #2 seed.

Our version of Kentucky for the title was a hell of a lot more talented than their version of Kentucky. The 1996 UK team was absolutely LOADED.

This Kentucky team is good. Better than Butler in 2011 and GaTech in 2004.

This Kentucky team is legit, they are no #8 seed more like a #1 or #2

8 NBA players on the roster

We should have beaten Indiana in '87; Syracuse was the better team. We were the better team in '03 and won. The lesser team in '96 and lost.

they are going to win, and there is basically no complaining about it anymore. and if any idiot writes f conn on this board again, they should be quartered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom