If UConn wins on Monday... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

If UConn wins on Monday...

Georgia Tech was a 3 seed. They have played 1 1 seed, 1 3 seed, and 2 8 seeds now.

Georgia Tech was a 3 seed. They have played 1 1 seed, 1 3 seed, and 2 8 seeds now.

You are right. I stand corrected, although my point remains.

We're a better regular season program. UConn has proven to be a better postseason program. We peak too early, they peak when they need to.

YUCK

jec1521 said:
At least they're getting this far on a consistent basis. This whole 1 final four a decade thing is getting old.

This.

JarHeadJim said:
Daddy is coming to town this week to try and talk him out of it!

Not really.

I don't care what the seeds are, if UConn wins they will have done so by beating Michigan State, Florida, and finally Kentucky.

That's a hard earned win, no matter seeding.

Cheers,
Neil

I don't care what the seeds are, if UConn wins they will have done so by beating Michigan State, Florida, and finally Kentucky.

That's a hard earned win, no matter seeding.

Cheers,
Neil

Ya. That run is no joke.

I mean, it's no Western Michigan and Dayton, but still. /snark

UConn has earned this.

It's actually kind of cleansing to give credit where it is due. If we haven't matched their accomplishments that's our problem, not theirs.

But it's still frustrating.

Last edited:
...will now play for a fourth national championship. Their opponents have been a #1 seed, a #4 seed and two #8 seeds.

We played two #1 seeds and a #2 seed.

Not sure what your point is here. They've beaten two of the odds-on favorites to win it all in MSU and Florida plus a team (Villanova) that was being strongly considered as a #1 seed up until the final weekend. And now they're playing a team (Kentucky) that has won three games in a row against top flight competition.

I wish our potentially great guards could actually stay in college long enough to be good enough to put our team on their backs in the tournament.

If Flynn, MCW, Waiters, or Ennis(looking into the future here) made it to their Junior/Senior seasons, would they have each been the best guard in the country and good enough to carry us to the national title? I say yes. In fact, most of them were better than Napier and Kemba were as freshmen and sophomores.

4 guys who would've become championship caliber lead guards, and they all left before it could happen. 0 for freakin 4.
I'm pissed.
That's been the only difference between the two programs over the last 15 years. UConn's stars have stayed in school. Syracuse's stars leave early.

they are going to win, and there is basically no complaining about it anymore. and if any idiot writes f conn on this board again, they should be quartered.

Personally, I think Kentucky wins. They are stronger inside, and more talented across the board.

Amazed at how many on here have already given UConn the title. Based on what? If Kentucky wins, will you all calm down a little bit on UConn?

Also.....

I bet UConn to win straight up last night. I got 3-1 odds and I made some good money...but it just doesn't feel right. I need to go to confession -- maybe say 100 Hail Mary's.

Personally, I think Kentucky wins. They are stronger inside, and more talented across the board.

Amazed at how many on here have already given UConn the title. Based on what? If Kentucky wins, will you all calm down a little bit on UConn?

Also...
UConn just seems to be a team of destiny at this point. UK has never seen ball pressure like UConn will bring tomorrow night. ALthough Randle will be extremely tough for UConn to handle; UK has more athletes and talent, but UConn just has that "look" right now.

In our new golden age UConn has been to 3 Final Fours and has 1 NC with a chance for another on Monday.

We have been to 1 Final Four.

It sucks that AO went down and gat Fab couldn't go to class. No guarantees but I would love to have seen what those two teams could have done at full strength.

I'm thinking three novenas and a pilgrimage. Maybe even a mission. We'll draw the line somewhere this side of a crucifixion.

Sometimes you have to tip your hat to your rival. Uconn has been dominant in march. There are three things u need to win a title. 1. You have to be good. 2. You have to be healthy 3. You need a little bit of luck.

I see people on this board saying we suck. You hate Jb etc. what uconn has done most programs have not done.

In the 99 elite 8 gonzaga missed a game winning shot vs uconn. In 2011 Arizona missed a game winning shot vs uconn in elite 8. If those shots call uconn has 2 less titles. It's that simple. With that they took advantage. If their opportunities. Of Keith smart misses in 87 we have 2 titles.

In addition. Uconn will never go to a bcs conference however they will always be good in basketball. They are not going away

If u r upset with cuse. Root for another team. I hope uconn ends up like the cowboys. It revalant. However I doubt it. I will also never root for them to win a title. I will always bleed orange. Syracuse is a Great program. In the last 15 years cuse is 15-16 vs uconn. End of day uconn took advantage of opportunities. Shots fall. Some don't. Uconn is Ahaed off programs like duke. Is it because of gonzaga and Arizona missing shots? That is for you to decide. Every team has their run. Look no further than the Boston Red Sox. In conclusion cuse is a good program. So chill

Absolutely painful matchup... I gotta cheer for UK can't believe I am doing so... Also,over/under (2) nights that Aaron Harrison sleeps alone the rest of this semester... I'm going under.. Unreal how clutch he has been

Isn't there something better on Monday night, like a rerun of Family Guy?

I'm just not really cheering. But I guess somehow the lesser of two evils seems to be Kentucky for me. The whole country outside of the state of Kentucky (and Louisville fans) will be pulling for the "underdog" Huskies. When they win (because they will) it will be a feel good story. That just doesn't sit right with me.

Ollie is going to get a gigantic offer from a NBA team sooner than later. Both KD and Lebron speak very highly of him and both of those guys might be free agents soon...you don't think a franchise might entice them by naming Ollie as Head Coach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom