If UConn wins on Monday... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

If UConn wins on Monday...

I probably won't watch. 9:10 tip on a Monday night and the game will have no flow with all the commercials and fanfare. Not to mention at the end either UConn or UK will have another NC.

Pretty easy choice for me to root for UK. They've become the poster boy for gaming the system. Good for them.

Not sure what your point is here. They've beaten two of the odds-on favorites to win it all in MSU and Florida plus a team (Villanova) that was being strongly considered as a #1 seed up until the final weekend. And now they're playing a team (Kentucky) that has won three games in a row against top flight competition.

If we'd played the team they have for the title, I'll bet we would have won more than one title, at least.

I probably won't watch. 9:10 tip on a Monday night and the game will have no flow with all the commercials and fanfare. Not to mention at the end either UConn or UK will have another NC.
At least some one has to lose... Look at it that way haha

Cheering for the NCAA to find something on both schools to make them ineligible...otherwise CBB is dead to me...moving on to MLB...Go Yankees!!!

This will be the first time I will not watch the final game in 25 years or more as best I can remember. If somehow both teams could lose it would work for me.

but they are a mid-major and obsolete...and no longer matter...right?:bat::blah::bang:

They just became a mid major. All their talent right now was recruited when they were in Big East by Calhoun.

Will take a few years.

That is a huge reason UConn has had success. Their guys stay, ours leave after a good 5 game stretch. Frustrating
Plenty of big time programs could say that... we are not unique

Plenty of big time programs could say that... we are not unique

There is a HUGE reason why. I'm not sure why it's not apparent? They don't play zone, and we do. They can afford to recruit talented guys that are 5'10" and 5'11" (aka small guards). And these guys just don't have the size to be in the NBA even when they are really good until their junior or senior years at a minimum. We can't recruit guys like that since we are stuck with zone - we have to get guards that are at least 6'2" which NBA loves. Therefore our guards are always much more likely to leave.

If you compare forward and center positions between us and UCONN they are about the same between the two programs as to when players leave. When people in this thread say "UCONN has good players who never leave early", they are really saying "UCONN guards". And experienced guard play is very important to success. A 6'5" MCW, 6'3" Waiters and 6'2" Ennis are not gonna stick around 3-4 years like UCONN guards.

Summary: NBA loves size and we recruit size. UCONN plays midgets.

There is a HUGE reason why. I'm not sure why it's not apparent? They don't play zone, and we do. They can afford to recruit talented guys that are 5'10" and 5'11" (aka small guards). And these guys just don't have the size to be in the NBA even when they are really good until their junior or senior years at a minimum. We can't recruit guys like that since we are stuck with zone - we have to get guards that are at least 6'2" which NBA loves. Therefore our guards are always much more likely to leave.

If you compare forward and center positions between us and UCONN they are about the same between the two programs as to when players leave. When people in this thread say "UCONN has good players who never leave early", they are really saying "UCONN guards". And experienced guard play is very important to success. A 6'5" MCW, 6'3" Waiters and 6'2" Ennis are not gonna stick around 3-4 years like UCONN guards.

Summary: NBA loves size and we recruit size. UCONN plays midgets.
Okay we already knew this... what is your point? Even with this, we have had very few players succeed in the NBA

If Uconn wins on Monday...

I demand apologies from all of you. Oh Lord

If we'd played the team they have for the title, I'll bet we would have won more than one title, at least.

Id be happy to take that bet. That's nuts. First of all you can't compare different years. Each season is different. All I know is that they beat pretty much the best of the best. Can't take that away from them.

Id be happy to take that bet. That's nuts. First of all you can't compare different years. Each season is different. All I know is that they beat pretty much the best of the best. Can't take that away from them.

I'd have like to have played a couple of 8 seeds instead of the 1-1-2 seeds we played.

LOL - the new filters took 'EF Yukon' out of the title of this thread.

I'd have like to have played a couple of 8 seeds instead of the 1-1-2 seeds we played.

UK was not your typical 8 seed but then we knew the Committee did a hideous job of seeding the tournament. UC did beat the overall # 1 seed, a two seed and one of the odds-on favorites to win it all in MSU. That's probably more impressive than the road we took when we won it all in 2003. Sometimes you gotta take the hater glasses off when making an assessment. Believe me I hate Yukonn more than most but you can't take away from what they accomplished.

UK was not your typical 8 seed but then we knew the Committee did a hideous job of seeding the tournament. UC did beat the overall # 1 seed, a two seed and one of the odds-on favorites to win it all in MSU. That's probably more impressive than the road we took when we won it all in 2003. Sometimes you gotta take the hater glasses off when making an assessment. Believe me I hate Yukonn more than most but you can't take away from what they accomplished.

Uk deserved every bit of their 8 seed, their resume was weak. The committee had some questionable seeds ie umass, but Uk wasn't one of them.

Uk deserved every bit of their 8 seed, their resume was weak. The committee had some questionable seeds ie umass, but Uk wasn't one of them.

Here we go again. If you watched them down the stretch against Florida it was clear they were coming together. The talent on that team and the coaching pedigree of Cal made it clear they were nobody's 8 seed. Hideous.

Here we go again. If you watched them down the stretch against Florida it was clear they were coming together. The talent on that team and the coaching pedigree of Cal made it clear they were nobody's 8 seed. Hideous.

Talent wise they are much better than a 8, but resume wise they were an 8. Their only good wins were against Lville and Ten early in the season, and they had some bad losses. Just because they played one good game against Florida, doesn't mean they should have been overseeded.

Prior to the tournament UK was 16 in the RPI and 12 in the BPI. Splain to me how you get an 8 seed out of that. Laughable. You and the Committee place way too much emphasis on what a team did 2-3 months ago as opposed to what they are doing right now. Face it they messed up big time. Nice snub of the AAC. Yukonn wins the tourney and SMU almost wins the NIT. Meanwhile those six dogs from the A-10 and four from the BE went out without a whimper. Nice job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom