If we just had a reasonable schedule, | Syracusefan.com

If we just had a reasonable schedule,

Rutgers is ranked #15 playing nobody. Replace NW, Minn, USC with a bunch of crap and our @Mizzou game is equal to their @Arkansas game. Who knows what this season would have been like. Instead we have to hope this team mans up against a tough remaining schedule to somehow get to 6 wins.

Rutgers is ranked #15 playing nobody. Replace NW, Minn, USC with a bunch of crap and our @Mizzou game is equal to their @Arkansas game. Who knows what this season would have been like. Instead we have to hope this team mans up against a tough remaining schedule to somehow get to 6 wins.
Drives me nuts that Rutgers hit the jackpot with that Arkansas game. Perfect timing. Petrino would have demolished them and spared the world from all this Rutgers is good nonsense.

We have four teams on this schedule we should beat. We have one team we should lose to. That leaves 7 toss up games where all you need to do is go 2-5 to make a Bowl. That is more than reasonable.

Schedule was fine this year the team did not win games they had an opportunity to win. Northwestern was the most dissapointing as that secondary was garbage.

we would likely be one win away from bowl eligibility.

Non-conference we've played 1 elite team, two solid but beatable teams, and one cupcake. In my book, that's exactly how an OOC schedule should look.

In my opinion, you are only as good as the competition you face year in and year out. For the past 10 years, the Big East has been the one of the if not the weakest AQ conference. If we were in the SEC then I would say schedule more cupcakes because you are going to be playing 4-6 ranked teams a year. As it stands, we will play 5 ranked teams (NW, USC, Jersey State, Lville, and Cinci). This by no means is a gauntlet schedule or anything harder than the average SEC, B12, Big ten, or PAC 12 schedule most years. I really think this is why Rutgers will never have a breakthrough year, especially now with strength of schedule ratings determining BCS ranking. I would rather play games week in and week out that mean something rather than scheduling the Towson States and Sanfords of the world.

we would likely be one win away from bowl eligibility.

Our record has nothing to do with the schedule and everything to do with execution across the board. We had a shot in every game we played.

Our record has nothing to do with the schedule and everything to do with execution across the board. We had a shot in every game we played.

Starting the season against a good NW and a very good USC is tough.

Start with two cupcakes to beat the early season learning curve.

I think rutgers looks like a team this year that would be very tough for us to beat as well, their defense and special teams are really really good, they aren't going to blow you out but they will be tough to beat. Best team in the big east, IMO

Non-conference we've played 1 elite team, two solid but beatable teams, and one cupcake. In my book, that's exactly how an OOC schedule should look.

the only change i would make is starting with the cupcake and ending with the elite team. the longer a team can go with <1 loss the more media coverage they get, not to mention the confidence thats built.

*as a side note, im in wisconsin and a buddy of mine at work (from indiana) told me we had a big game last week. i asked him how he knew rutgers was (unfortunately) a big game for us? he goes i didnt, they are ranked 20 so they show up in the updates for his iphone app. just sayin'

Are you suggesting that NW and MN were good teams?
they certainly are good teams. NW is a very good team with a very good coach. Minny may not be "very good", but they are definitely "good".

Our "cupcake" was better than UConn.

We're 1 flag (NW), 1 fg (RU), and 1 TO (MINNE) away from being 6-1... but we're not we're 3-4.

Funny thing would be us winning out and winning the BE at 8-4 if UC, UL, and RU loss 2 and finish 10-2.

I think rutgers looks like a team this year that would be very tough for us to beat as well, their defense and special teams are really really good, they aren't going to blow you out but they will be tough to beat. Best team in the big east, IMO
as GoSU said they are virginia tech lite. i still think cincinnati will win the conference

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly how an OOC schedule should look if you are a decent BCS team. Unfortunately, we have been a bottom of the barrel team for most of the last 10 yrs. SU has scheduled to fail.

Starting the season against a good NW and a very good USC is tough.

Start with two cupcakes to beat the early season learning curve.

Not saying it isn't, PA. But the fact is we had NW beat in that game and should have won. We played toe to toe with USC for 30 minutes until the big play bug bit us. No one had any idea NW was as good as they appear to be now. Who knows, if we win that game, NW's season may not have turned out like it has.

That games was ours to win, and we blew it.

I can count how many teams that played 11 aq teams on one hand.

Just don't try to count the 11 AQ opponents with the other ... you'll run out of fingers :)

Our "cupcake" was better than UConn.

We're 1 flag (NW), 1 fg (RU), and 1 TO (MINNE) away from being 6-1... but we're not we're 3-4.

Funny thing would be us winning out and winning the BE at 8-4 if UC, UL, and RU loss 2 and finish 10-2.

The unfunny counterpart is us winning out, UC/UL/RU split their games, and RU wins the BE on the head-head tie breaker. I'd still take it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom