IFFFF Pitt happens to beat Clemson on Saturday | Syracusefan.com

IFFFF Pitt happens to beat Clemson on Saturday

lskul60

Zorba's Subs
and the other games break as follows:

GA over Bama (unlikely, but still possible)
OU and OSU win convincingly (likely)

It's possible that Clemson gets left out of the Playoff. Unlikely, but possible.

Will that have any effect on our bowl placement?

Clemson will obviously get a NY6 bowl,

Bama and Clemson are both in regardless of what happens on Saturday.

I'm not sure I agree with that, BPO. If Clemson loses I don't think they're anywhere close to a lock. It would be their resume vs. also 1-loss and probably conference champions Oklahoma and Ohio State, both of which have slightly better SOSs per Sagarin.

Clemson is out if they lose. And I hope and pray they lose.

Bama and Clemson are both in regardless of what happens on Saturday.
Clemson loses they are out. If Oklahoma and Ohio State win.
Clemson will not get the benefit of doubt Pittsburgh is 7-5.
Clemson is going to win anyway they are 25.5 point favorites.
You can’t lose that type of game and get in.

and the other games break as follows:

GA over Bama (unlikely, but still possible)
OU and OSU win convincingly (likely)

It's possible that Clemson gets left out of the Playoff. Unlikely, but possible.

Will that have any effect on our bowl placement?

Clemson will obviously get a NY6 bowl,
Pitt is a bad team. They have no chance. The only good thing this travesty of a game might prompt is another look at how to better balance the divisions.

The 2018 ACC championship for Clemson marks the 8th straight year the Atlantic has produced the conference champion. Who wants to see a mediocre Pitt team get destroyed again on Saturday? Wasn't the beat down against a bad Miami team last week enough? Women and children might accidentally see some of the game.

The best thing for Pitt is to forfeit the game now, apologize to all ACC college football fans for their incompetence, and focus on getting ready for bowl game they will lose in December.

This season has been a delight for Syracuse fans but we must all hang out heads and remain humble, because we lost to that crap team.

Hail Pitt!

Pitt is a bad team.

Why is Pitt bad? They beat us, they beat a good Virginia team on the road, they blew out Virginia Tech, they blew out Wake on the road, and they played Notre Dame arguably tougher than any other team this season.

Why in the world would you hope and pray that they lose? One, it would cost Syracuse some money if they lost. Two, Dabo seems like a classy guy. You want Ohio State in over them?
We're never going to be treated fairly by this conference, as Maryland always said. Syracuse has always been and will always be capable of making their own way.

We'd be out. We aren't Bama.

Why in the world would you hope and pray that they lose? One, it would cost Syracuse some money if they lost. Two, Dabo seems like a classy guy. You want Ohio State in over them?
Exactly. Every touchdown clemson scores from the moment we loss and forward has been good news for SU

Why is Pitt bad? They beat us, they beat a good Virginia team on the road, they blew out Virginia Tech, they blew out Wake on the road, and they played Notre Dame arguably tougher than any other team this season.
They can't pass the ball. Their defense is lousy. All they can do is run the ball. They are a one dimensional lousy team. If you can stop the run, you can beat them.

We unfortunately didn't get the 4-3-5 setup we needed to stop the run in place until after the Clemson and Pitt late meltdowns against the run.

Exactly. If Syracuse were playing in the championship with an opportunity for the playoff you better believe all of Clemson would be pulling for them.
Yeah. I mean this isnt basketball. There’s much more conference aligned loyalty in football. I personally hope Clemson wins it all convincingly. It’ll only help our preseason rankings. Need to chip into that SEC and Big 10 bias. Even the Big 12 suffers from it.

Why? The ACC needs representation and it validates Syracuse top 20 presence
This conference championship come down to a fight in the family between the coddled entitled ones and the ones who get the old cloths. I said who's side I'm on, Go Pitt.

They can't pass the ball. Their defense is lousy. All they can do is run the ball. They are a one dimensional lousy team. If you can stop the run, you can beat them.

I agree with everything you just said, but all that matters is results. They played the hardest non-conference schedule I've ever seen this year (Penn State, Notre Dame, UCF), and after a shaky September they have been rock solid the rest of the season minus this past Saturday vs. Miami.

Rutgers is bad. UConn is bad. Pitt is above average.

This conference championship come down to a fight in the family between the coddled entitled ones and the ones who get the old cloths. I said who's side I'm on, Go Pitt.
You are dead to me

tenor.gif

If Texas plays like they are capable of playing they will smother Oklahoma. They have enough talent and way more physicality, IMO. I have no idea about the rest.

I agree with everything you just said, but all that matters is results. They played the hardest non-conference schedule I've ever seen this year (Penn State, Notre Dame, UCF), and after a shaky September they have been rock solid the rest of the season minus this past Saturday vs. Miami.

Rutgers is bad. UConn is bad. Pitt is above average.
I agree that Pitt is above average among teams in the Coastal division. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

What a sad time for ACC football.

I agree that Pitt is above average among teams in the Coastal division. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

What a sad time for ACC football.

They're not even the "one-eyed man" in the Coastal "land of the blind" - they just have a slightly better cane.