IFFFF Pitt happens to beat Clemson on Saturday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

IFFFF Pitt happens to beat Clemson on Saturday

Clemson loses they are out. If Oklahoma and Ohio State win.
Clemson will not get the benefit of doubt Pittsburgh is 7-5.
Clemson is going to win anyway they are 25.5 point favorites.
You can’t lose that type of game and get in.

What's Purdue's record?

How did Maryland do this year?

Clemson is out if they lose. And I hope and pray they lose.

CousCuse on a board that can hate other programs with the best of them, you stand out. So far I've seen you praying for Clemson to lose, Notre Dame to lose, all SEC teams to lose, is there anybody left you'd like to see win?

and the other games break as follows:

GA over Bama (unlikely, but still possible)
OU and OSU win convincingly (likely)

It's possible that Clemson gets left out of the Playoff. Unlikely, but possible.

Will that have any effect on our bowl placement?

Clemson will obviously get a NY6 bowl,

No effect on us. Playoffs plus NY6 bowls it’s clemson only. Then the camp bowl and on.

If Texas plays like they are capable of playing they will smother Oklahoma. They have enough talent and way more physicality, IMO. I have no idea about the rest.

Not sure they can repeat their offensive performance from the Red River win. Their defense is solid and can play with Okie but there offense is streaky. I also believe Ehringer's throwing shoulder is not 100%. They could definitely pull off the upset but I have a feeling the Okie defense steps up and is the difference here.

Anything to keep the BiG out of the CFP.

Why in the world would you hope and pray that they lose? One, it would cost Syracuse some money if they lost. Two, Dabo seems like a classy guy. You want Ohio State in over them?

I understand the Dabo sentiment for sure but the "it's better for SU's finances" argument always amuses me. That used to be thrown out here as a reason to root for UConn or G'town in the NCAAT. Screw that. In the scheme of things a Clemson appearance in the CFP really is not going to matter much for SU in terms of the success of its football team down the line.

What's Purdue's record?

How did Maryland do this year?
Ohio State beat Maryland and the number one reason they are behind Oklahoma is because they lost to Purdue by 29 who is 6-6.
Ohio State will be 12-1 and conference champion with a loss to a 6-6 team.
Clemson will be 12-1 without a conference championship with a loss to a 5 loss team.
The conference title is the tiebreaker.
If Northwestern and Texas win then Clemson is safe no matter what.
By your logic previously Georgia vs. Clemson should be a debate if Clemson loses.

Clemson loses they are out. If Oklahoma and Ohio State win.
Clemson will not get the benefit of doubt Pittsburgh is 7-5.
Clemson is going to win anyway they are 25.5 point favorites.
You can’t lose that type of game and get in.

Agree with you here. The ACC being down hurts Clemson because their resume isn't good enough to stack up against the other one loss teams. Their best win will be us at 20 or a 2 point win over an 8-4 Texas A&M that Bama beat by over 3 touchdowns. OU and Ohio St will have more ranked wins and a conference championship.

The ACC could add a rule that if the 2nd place conf team is 2 games better than the winner of the other side it plays in the game? but that still wouldnt help the Conf all that much.

It would help the B10 though and give Mich a chance to redeem itself if they had that rule

Reactions: gbo
I understand the Dabo sentiment for sure but the "it's better for SU's finances" argument always amuses me. That used to be thrown out here as a reason to root for UConn or G'town in the NCAAT. Screw that. In the scheme of things a Clemson appearance in the CFP really is not going to matter much for SU in terms of the success of its football team down the line.
We actually had rivalries with Gtown and UConn we don’t have a rivalry with Clemson.
Ergo what is better for SU is more $$$ thus wanting Clemson to make the CFB playoffs is Syracuse best scenario.
Rooting for Clemson to make the playoffs like Syracuse fans supporting Villanova against North Carolina at the Carrier Dome in 2005 Sweet 16 East regionals.
Syracuse fans were rooting for Nova.

I agree that Pitt is above average among teams in the Coastal division. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

What a sad time for ACC football.

LOL! It basically is the perception of the Coastal. All they need is for Virginia to win it next year and all 7 teams will have participated in the ACCCG over the past 7 seasons. On the other hand the Atlantic tends to be a two-headed monster of Clemson and FSU over the past ten years.

Miami and VT need to get back to being close to Old Big East good and GT needs to get back to consistently good. There is a wild theory out there amongst Tech fans that GT might get Satterfield as its next HC after Johnson retires. Johnson supposedly said that though he is signed through 2022, he will likely retire before then. This has led some Tech fans to speculate the reason why Nate Woody (from App State) took the DC job at GT was to get the defense ready for when Scott Satterfield comes there because the switch in offenses will likely need the defense to win games during the transition from Johnson's offense to Satterfield's offense. As "shadow" theories go, this is quite clever. ;)

Richt at Miami, Fuente at VT, Mendenhall at UVA, Narduzzi at Pitt, and Satterfield at GT just might be the boost the Coastal needs, because god knows they aren't changing the divisions or getting the rule change to allow for 3-5-5. :mad:

Cheers,
Neil

CousCuse on a board that can hate other programs with the best of them, you stand out. So far I've seen you praying for Clemson to lose, Notre Dame to lose, all SEC teams to lose, is there anybody left you'd like to see win?
Colgate. I was rooting for Wazzu but the weather and the refs did them in.

C'mon Kaiser, a Dak jersey would've made that a far better proposition (and equally unlikely). ;)
I figured I’d pick a real QB instead of an imaginary one...

The ACC could add a rule that if the 2nd place conf team is 2 games better than the winner of the other side it plays in the game? but that still wouldnt help the Conf all that much.

It would help the B10 though and give Mich a chance to redeem itself if they had that rule
No they can’t. NCAA rules state if you want a conference title game you must have 2 divisions or do what the Big XII does.
A coastal team has to play an Atlantic team it’s just the conferences can divide divisions however they want.

Why in the world would you hope and pray that they lose? One, it would cost Syracuse some money if they lost. Two, Dabo seems like a classy guy. You want Ohio State in over them?
What in the heck does this mean relative to Clemson? No Cuse fan with a brain is rooting against Clemson from here on out
You are correct...especially in this instance and who you are responding to.

We actually had rivalries with Gtown and UConn we don’t have a rivalry with Clemson.
Ergo what is better for SU is more $$$ thus wanting Clemson to make the CFB playoffs is Syracuse best scenario.
Clemson is to make the playoffs like Syracuse fans supporting Villanova against North Carolina at the Carrier Dome in 2005 Sweet 16 East regionals.

I understand the BE rivalry thing for sure and as I said I understand why people like and respect Dabo. Rooting for Clemson is fine. I just don't sweat SU's financial situation. I don't know, maybe I should. Or maybe some of you guys should step up and donate more. :)

but does it say if you have 2 divisions you are forced to play the winners in the game?

Rooting for Clemson to make the playoffs like Syracuse fans supporting Villanova against North Carolina at the Carrier Dome in 2005 Sweet 16 East regionals.
Doesn't football "drive the bus" for P5 sports revenue? And isn't Clemson the reigning "king" of football in the ACC? Then why doesn't the king see to it that the team that finished 2nd in the conference gets treated with a little respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom