IFFFF Pitt happens to beat Clemson on Saturday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

IFFFF Pitt happens to beat Clemson on Saturday

I don’t think Syracuse gets any more $$ for Camping over Pinstripe.

Doesn’t all Bowl $$ go into 1 big pot and is then divided up equally??

Ohio State beat Maryland and the number one reason they are behind Oklahoma is because they lost to Purdue by 29 who is 6-6.
Ohio State will be 12-1 and conference champion with a loss to a 6-6 team.
Clemson will be 12-1 without a conference championship with a loss to a 5 loss team.
The conference title is the tiebreaker.
If Northwestern and Texas win then Clemson is safe no matter what.
By your logic previously Georgia vs. Clemson should be a debate if Clemson loses.

Georgia and Clemson are a debate because I'm not sure which one is the better team. They're that close. The four best teams are Bama, Clemson, ND and UGA. I want to see those four in. The others are posers.

OSU beat Maryland by one point. I watched 90% of the game. MD ran roughshod on OSU and if they could have completed a wide open two point conversion they win that game. The Purdue game was an embarrassment. OSU has sucked all year but you want to let them in on the basis of one win and a conference title win over NW?

OU offense is tremendous so I can understand their argument better. But their defense is putrid.

Doesn't football "drive the bus" for P5 sports revenue? And isn't Clemson the reigning "king" of football in the ACC? Then why doesn't the king see to it that the team that finished 2nd in the conference gets treated with a little respect.
Wow

Georgia and Clemson are a debate because I'm not sure which one is the better team. They're that close. The four best teams are Bama, Clemson, ND and UGA. I want to see those four in. The others are posers.

OSU beat Maryland by one point. I watched 90% of the game. MD ran roughshod on OSU and if they could have completed a wide open two pint conversion they win that game. The Purdue game was an embarrassment. OSU has sucked all year but you want to let them in on the basis of one win and a conference title win over NW?

OU offense is tremendous so I can understand their argument better. But their defense is putrid.
Ohio State had their attention on Michigan, that can happen. If OSU played Notre Dame they would boat race them. They are going to drop the hammer on Northwestern, just watch.

I understand the Dabo sentiment for sure but the "it's better for SU's finances" argument always amuses me. That used to be thrown out here as a reason to root for UConn or G'town in the NCAAT. Screw that. In the scheme of things a Clemson appearance in the CFP really is not going to matter much for SU in terms of the success of its football team down the line.
For me, if it means $50 more, I am in favor of that

Wow
Clemson is like the super hot chick or guy that everybody falls over for and is oblivious to what constitutes everyone else existence.

OSU beat Maryland by one point. I watched 90% of the game. MD ran roughshod on OSU and if they could have completed a wide open two point conversion they win that game. The Purdue game was an embarrassment. OSU has sucked all year but you want to let them in on the basis of one win and a conference title win over NW?

I understand your logic but if the eye test is going to be the basis for who gets in then I believe it will be hard for anyone but the same teams to get in.
If Ohio State were a team like Michigan State with the same resume I would want the team that lost only 1 game and won a tough league getting in over a more talented team that doesn’t have a conference title.
If Syracuse beat Clemson and Pitt but lost to ND by the score they did I would want them in the Playoffs at 12-1 by winning the conference title game over a team that is more talented but didn’t win their P5 league.
Conference titles should matter. Teams shouldn’t have to go undefeated to get in except Notre Dame because they aren’t in a conference.
If it’s just talent then it’s Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida are the only teams who will get in every year.

Ohio State had their attention on Michigan, that can happen. If OSU played Notre Dame they would boat race them. They are going to drop the hammer on Northwestern, just watch.

The difference between OSU and ND is that one of them has a serious defense.

C
Clemson is like the super hot chick or guy that everybody falls over for and is oblivious to what constitutes everyone else existence.
Clemson is not responsible for how the committee values the ACC.
I mean what the hell am I responding too. Dislike Clemson all you want they aren’t even one iota responsible for the committee disrespecting the ACC.

OSU beat Maryland by one point. I watched 90% of the game. MD ran roughshod on OSU and if they could have completed a wide open two pint conversion they win that game. The Purdue game was an embarrassment. OSU has sucked all year but you want to let them in on the basis of one win and a conference title win over NW?

The scenario I'm intrigued by is if OU blows Texas out on Saturday I think we might see the committee drop ND to 4 and bump OU to 3. They'll have arguably better wins and avenge their one loss, a conference championship and I think the widely held view is OU would beat ND head to head.

OU/Clemson would be interesting. OU could give them some problems. Murray will put up a lot of points on that Clemson pass defense but Etienne will probably run it for 6-7 yards a carry on the other side.

Clemson is out if they lose. And I hope and pray they lose.
This might be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone say on this board.

Clemson losing would cost Syracuse university and every other team in the ACC about $3 million dollars each this year, maybe more.

What planet are you from?

I don’t think Syracuse gets any more $$ for Camping over Pinstripe.

Doesn’t all Bowl $$ go into 1 big pot and is then divided up equally??
Yes, with the league getting a full share.

The teams in the bowls get a slightly larger share as well as all expenses paid by the league for the bowl game travel, expenses, etc.

I understand your logic but if the eye test is going to be the basis for who gets in then I believe it will be hard for anyone but the same teams to get in.
If Ohio State were a team like Michigan State with the same resume I would want the team that lost only 1 game and won a tough league getting in over a more talented team that doesn’t have a conference title.
If Syracuse beat Clemson and Pitt but lost to ND by the score they did I would want them in the Playoffs at 12-1 by winning the conference title game over a team that is more talented but didn’t win their P5 league.
Conference titles should matter. Teams shouldn’t have to go undefeated to get in except Notre Dame because they aren’t in a conference.
If it’s just talent then it’s Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida are the only teams who will get in every year.

I just want the best teams in. I'm trying to be objective. The B1G wasn't that good this year tho the ACC was a train wreck, too. I've watched OSU all year long and they have been so disappointing - they just don't deserve inclusion.

With the various divisional splits in the power conferences it waters down the meaning of a conference title. Pitt, Northwestern, Utah, UDub are perfect examples. Together these teams have lost a ton of games and yet they're playing for a conference title.

The scenario I'm intrigued by is if OU blows Texas out on Saturday I think we might see the committee drop ND to 4 and bump OU to 3. They'll have arguably better wins and avenge their one loss, a conference championship and I think the widely held view is OU would beat ND head to head.

OU/Clemson would be interesting. OU could give them some problems. Murray will put up a lot of points on that Clemson pass defense but Etienne will probably run it for 6-7 yards a carry on the other side.

OU's offense can score on anybody but imo their defense will keep them from moving up past ND who they've been behind ever since the first CFP ranking came out.

As I understand it, conferences for CFP semi-final games receive $6 million total for each representative and nothing for the finals. I think some in this thread may be confusing the $50 million each P5 conference gets every year as part of the overall contract and then the P5 also have their contract bowls (Rose, Sugar, and Orange) monies two out of every three years.

Individual teams receive $2.25 million for travel expenses for each game they play in the CFP.

Cheers,
Neil

This might be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone say on this board.

Clemson losing would cost Syracuse university and every other team in the ACC about $3 million dollars each this year, maybe more.

Whether I root for them or not, if they can't beat Pitt they don't belong in the final 4. If Syracuse won more and filled the Dome and charged more for seats because they were sought after and got bigger gifts from alumni and boosters, we would take care of our own finances.

I will tell you, it is up there with the dumbest posts on this board, coincidentally 99% of them are from Cous

As I understand it, conferences for CFP semi-final games receive $6 million total for each representative and nothing for the finals. I think some in this thread may be confusing the $50 million each P5 conference gets every year as part of the overall contract and then the P5 also have their contract bowls (Rose, Sugar, and Orange) monies two out of every three years.

Individual teams receive $2.25 million for travel expenses for each game they play in the CFP.

Cheers,
Neil
Each teams share is $230 thousand? Go kick rocks Clemson, GO PITT!!!

Whether I root for them or not, if they can't beat Pitt they don't belong in the final 4. If Syracuse won more and filled the Dome and charged more for seats because they were sought after and got bigger gifts from alumni and boosters, we would take care of our own finances.

so, Clemson didn't deserve to make the playoff last year even after losing to a 4-8 Syracuse? please, don't answer, it will just be painful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom