I'll Have Another is a coward | Syracusefan.com

I'll Have Another is a coward

Not the horse but his handlers/owner. Of course this isn't likely to be proven, and may not even be true, but this article does make one go ... hmmm
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/i-ll-h...stions.html;_ylt=AmhXamEPiMB.vB.KiHUTpIQ5nYcB
I think the owners are playing it smart. Kind of like sticking at blackjack with a 20. They are going to make a lot of money in stud fees. Here are some people that have to be pissed:

1) The jockey: Unless the owners are giving him a bonus he is missing out on a big payday.
2) The trainer: Same
3) NYRA /OTB/State of NY: Will lose millions on top of millions in bets
4) The fans: Why even go or watch at this point.
5) Bodemeister's owners and trainers: probably would have stayed in had they known.

Who is happy:

1) I'll have another's owner: Taking the easy payday with no risk (unless your horse will be shooting blanks).
2) The horse: Three years old and set up for a lot of sex.

5) Bodemeister's owners and trainers: probably would have stayed in had they known.
I don't think Bodemeister would have run the Belmont under any circumstances, save had he won the first two legs. Baffert was adamant that the colt desperately needed rest. Also, at this point, 1 1/2 miles seems unrealistic after tiring at 1 3/16.

I don't think Bodemeister would have run the Belmont under any circumstances, save had he won the first two legs. Baffert was adamant that the colt desperately needed rest. Also, at this point, 1 1/2 miles seems unrealistic after tiring at 1 3/16.
You are probably right but a bunch of trainers would have looked at this race very differently.

The implicaiton isn't that they are cowards. The implication is that they are crooks. Sounds like horse racing is going through the same problems as baseball and weight-lifting in the past- and trying to do something about it, at least at the highest level. It leaves open the question of what accomplishments in recent years are legitmate and what are drug-aided.

The implicaiton isn't that they are cowards. The implication is that they are crooks. Sounds like horse racing is going through the same problems as baseball and weight-lifting in the past- and trying to do something about it, at least at the highest level. It leaves open the question of what accomplishments in recent years are legitmate and what are drug-aided.

Yep, the idea is that the horse did its gallop on Thursday and the owners knew the horse would get crushed in the race w/out doping, which is virtually impossible at the new stable setup. Suddenly, perhaps conveniently, the horse takes a "bad step".

Sounds like this would be very hard to definitively prove though.

so you think they got the big time track Dr to also fake the injury and the mri results as well?

it didnt change the crowd much still almost 90k. it may actually have increased some of the handle as it made the exotics pay much more than expected. it worked out for me another 2K in the pocket, which never would have happened had IHA run and done well..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom