i'm completely done with grad transfers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

i'm completely done with grad transfers

One of the other problems with the grad transfers, and again, we don't have much choice with the NCAA penalties... But, Gillon is only 6'0" tall... That's way less than ideal at the top of the zone. Look at the Final Four guards the last two times... Triche was 6'4, MCW 6'6, Cooney 6'4, Gbinije 6'7... When you're recruiting you can be more selective, but when you're trying to find a D1 starting point guard for a top program, your options on the grad transfer market are pretty limited.

Think about the difference that length makes in not just denying shots, but also passes.
you think Gillon is 6 feet tall?

IMG_0724.GIF

The staff should always prepare for high level recruits leaving early. I have no idea why Patterson and Chino were recruited for basketball. That's on the staff. BJ absolutely needed a redshirt year. Kaleb was a whiff.

So the key is to just continually land a few big-time recruits every single year while also adding some solid program kids every year without whiffing and be prepared for every scenario? Got it!

So the key is to just continually land a few big-time recruits every single year while also adding some solid program kids every year without whiffing and be prepared for every scenario? Got it!

It's simple for the critics to say. They don't know how to do it themselves. But their job is just to point out the flaws.

It's simple for the critics to say. They don't know how to do it themselves. But their job is just to point out the flaws.

Glad youre back, Townie. You and I started off on the wrong foot, I like JB almost as much as you, fear not. Many of these people said the season was over, earlier...unlike me(and probably you?)

Hopefully some recruits watched THIS game!! Without any CLOSERS, we can use all the help we can get!

Glad youre back, Townie. You and I started off on the wrong foot, I like JB almost as much as you, fear not. Many of these people said the season was over, earlier...unlike me(and probably you?)
Yeah. I thought our goose was cooked.

The team is composed of good players who didn't play well together. We are still doing it largely on individual effort. But there are glimmers of chemistry.

JB didn't forget how to coach nor does he have the character flaws Or weaknesses his frustrated critics believe he has.

there is no one happier to be wrong than me, great job by gillon. I still don't want to build the program around it though.

We have never used transfers to build our program, they are always brought in at an O' moment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom