I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Finally got around to binging Master Of None on Netlix. It's pretty good. I would consider it a dramedy, mostly about the dating scene in nyc. It can be really funny at times, and other times a little more slow/serious. But each episode has a unique style to it.

Weird, random tidbit: In season 2 episode 6 there is a scene with some doormen sitting around in a break room of a residential building.
One of them is sitting watching TV, and on the TV is the Syracuse/Penn St football game from I believe 2009. You get a quick glimpse of Mikhail Marinovich, Doug Hogue, and Mike Holmes. It was so random, I wonder why they chose that game to have on in the back round like that

Finally got around to binging Master Of None on Netlix. It's pretty good. I would consider it a dramedy, mostly about the dating scene in nyc. It can be really funny at times, and other times a little more slow/serious. But each episode has a unique style to it.

Weird, random tidbit: In season 2 episode 6 there is a scene with some doormen sitting around in a break room of a residential building.
One of them is sitting watching TV, and on the TV is the Syracuse/Penn St football game from I believe 2009. You get a quick glimpse of Mikhail Marinovich, Doug Hogue, and Mike Holmes. It was so random, I wonder why they chose that game to have on in the back round like that
Has to be a Newhouse grad somewhere on the staff of that show...

Bosch back for season 4 today
Actually they released it last night (Bosch).

"The Last Post" on Amazon is a 6 episode show that is good. Set in the mid-60s in Yemen. Story of British Army and their families in the Middle East. Typically I don't like British Shows...but this one moved pretty fast and had action and drama.

The Last Post (TV series) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Actually they released it last night (Bosch).

"The Last Post" on Amazon is a 6 episode show that is good. Set in the mid-60s in Yemen. Story of British Army and their families in the Middle East. Typically I don't like British Shows...but this one moved pretty fast and had action and drama.

The Last Post (TV series) - Wikipedia

Don't like British shows? Damn you are missing at least half the good TV out there.

Watching Looming Tower, good cast trying to be faithful to actual events.

(Have to watch alone as Mrs Crusty still can't watch anything related to 9/11.)

I’ve been rewatching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes, not in any real order - just different episodes from different seasons.

It’s interesting how the show mirrors Seinfeld in that the episodes from the earlier season tend to be slower in pace and more realistic in their scenarios overall - the middle seasons are probably the most balanced and probably the starting point for a lot of people who got into the show - and the later seasons are more over the top and faster paced - still funny, but the tone and feel are a little different from the early seasons.

I’ve been rewatching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes, not in any real order - just different episodes from different seasons.

It’s interesting how the show mirrors Seinfeld in that the episodes from the earlier season tend to be slower in pace and more realistic in their scenarios overall - the middle seasons are probably the most balanced and probably the starting point for a lot of people who got into the show - and the later seasons are more over the top and faster paced - still funny, but the tone and feel are a little different from the early seasons.
Well-said, I agree with all of that.

We were caught in between shows and I forgot about this thread so we picked up an older HBO show called How to Make it in America. I think it's hilarious, great dialogue and true to life.

Did follow up on someone's Episodes rec. Very funny as well.

Found this interesting as a guide for future show suggestions: Every HBO show ranked from worst to best, according to critics

Lost in Space on Netflix is pretty fun to watch. I say this despite Dr. Smith being the most frustrating and obnoxious character on any show I've ever watched, in my entire life. Almost so ridiculous that it ruins the rest of a pretty cool show.

I don't know watch a ton of scripted shows but thought I would throw these two recommendations out there.

1. The Terror on AMC. Its about the real life attempt in 1845 of the Britis to find the northwest passage that AMC adds a super-natural touch to with the ships being hunted by a "Yeti" type creature. In real life both ships became lost and eventually sunk. None of the crew was ever found alive but there were signs of them found and they apparently made contract with the Inuit people. Adds history with a touch of Sci-fi. The series just started about six weeks ago and airs on Monday night so you could catch up in no time. Also google the 1845 NW passage attempt as it gives you some great background for the show including the fact that both of she ships were actually located in the last few years still completely intact.

If your looking for something a little different try "Can't pay we'll take it a way" on Netflix. I came across this show last summer/fall by accident and the Wife and I were hooked. Its a reality shows that follows high court enforcement officers in England as they serve evictions and collect on judgemenst (high court writs). It sounds boring but its a fascinating shows as England's system is way different then what we have here. The show is a hit over in England and the first three seasons are now on Netflix, its a great binge watching show. Give it a shot its fantastic. You will love Paul Bohill from the show.

Here and Now on HBO has kept my interest so far.

Barry is not bad as well.

Yeah, Barry was great. A show that isn't afraid to be very weird, or very dark. Alec Berg is amazing.

On a separate note, I finally got caught up on Better Call Saul. Damn, from top to bottom, that show is so damn good, maybe the best on TV.

Has anyone watched Billions? Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti is a real draw for me but haven’t had the chance yet.

Has anyone watched Billions? Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti is a real draw for me but haven’t had the chance yet.
One of the best shows on right now. Probably my top 5 favorite show of the last few years. First season is one of the best seasons of any show ever. Second is good. Third (current) is much better than the second season. Great characters and story lines. I usually do not like Giamatti, but he is great in this.

Lost in Space on Netflix is pretty fun to watch. I say this despite Dr. Smith being the most frustrating and obnoxious character on any show I've ever watched, in my entire life. Almost so ridiculous that it ruins the rest of a pretty cool show.
The cheesiness level/predictability on this show makes it almost unwatchable. It is still entertaining

We were caught in between shows and I forgot about this thread so we picked up an older HBO show called How to Make it in America. I think it's hilarious, great dialogue and true to life.

Did follow up on someone's Episodes rec. Very funny as well.

Found this interesting as a guide for future show suggestions: Every HBO show ranked from worst to best, according to critics
Interesting list. I have never even heard of some of these, like "the night of". Are they still talking about a Deadwood movie?

I'm watching Under the Dome now on Amazon, better than I thought it would be, just started season 2.

Finished up Entourage, along with the movie and all caught up on Silicon Valley. Loved both.

I'm watching Under the Dome now on Amazon, better than I thought it would be, just started season 2.

Finished up Entourage, along with the movie and all caught up on Silicon Valley. Loved both.
Did you read the book?