I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I don't have Prime, they screwed me on The West Wing when I was right in the middle of the 4th season which is how I ended up with Netflix. Fargo however my brother tells me he watches and is good, with Ted Danson. another good one on the list

You might want to try "Banished" a BBC series about the penal colony in New South Wales circa 1788. I watched it thru Amazon Prime but it might be available through Netflix.

Just finished Umbrella Academy. It's weird in good ways. I was entertained.
I am about 3 episodes in. I thought I figured it out after the first 1-2 episodes, and I hope it does not become that predictable. I had high hopes for this show based upon people that I know that have watched it.

I am about 3 episodes in. I thought I figured it out after the first 1-2 episodes, and I hope it does not become that predictable. I had high hopes for this show based upon people that I know that have watched it.
I'd be impressed if you predict it.

anybody watching FLEABAG ? NPR recommends it. put it in my watchlist.
have yet to view an episode so no spoilers.

anybody watching FLEABAG ? NPR recommends it. put it in my watchlist.
have yet to view an episode so no spoilers.

Saw the first season last year. Only 6 episodes long (many British tv shows only have 6 episodes per season). It was pretty good, but often unconvincing; especially the first episode. You'll see why in the first scene. Better after that.

Other good 6-episode U.K. shows include Car Share, and many goofy comedies. I will try to get back with specific names. I've never been to England, but we love U.K. shows. Derry Girls (Ireland) is entertaining

I'd be impressed if you predict it.
I figured a lot of it out. Obviously, there were some twists and turns, but I figured out who was responsible for the apocalypse halfway through the second episode. It was definitely entertaining but did not live up to the hype

My recent interests:
PEN15 — so much fun
Luther, season 5 — some silly bits, but i love 'Alice Morgan'
re-binging VEEP
re-binging "24" — many silly bits
True Detective, season 3 — crushing on Carmen Ejogo
Russian Dolls — some good bits
Maniac — i love Sonoya Mizuno

I really enjoyed BARRY and Get Shorty.

Mrs. Maisel, season 1 was entertaining, but i heard season 2 was a disappointment.

Is Black Monday worthwhile?
I just finished Pen15, this is a good series and I'm glad they renewed it. I'm not sure all the guys that post here would find it entertaining as the leads are 2 women playing their 12 year old selves in middle school in the year 2000. It's pretty realistic though and damn funny, especially the AOL episode.

I just finished Pen15, this is a good series and I'm glad they renewed it. I'm not sure all the guys that post here would find it entertaining as the leads are 2 women playing their 12 year old selves in middle school in the year 2000. It's pretty realistic though and damn funny, especially the AOL episode.
I totally didn't know, until i googled them after watching half of the second episode, that they were in their 30s. They really did a fantastic job of 'juvenilizing' themselves.

I don't know why, but i loved the intro to episode 2 where they're roleplaying with the Sylvanian dolls. The milkshake thing—i can't explain it, but it killed me. And Maya... she's kind of a psychopath. That's awesome.

I totally didn't know, until i googled them after watching half of the second episode, that they were in their 30s. They really did a fantastic job of 'juvenilizing' themselves.

I don't know why, but i loved the intro to episode 2 where they're roleplaying with the Sylvanian dolls. The milkshake thing—i can't explain it, but it killed me. And Maya... she's kind of a psychopath. That's awesome.

The thong episode did that to me, I was dying. I'm sitting here laughing about it right now

Heard the same thing from 2 friends. Not a Kevin Bacon fan at all so I'm reluctant but will probably start it up soon because there is nothing else I'm currently watching outside of Big Little Lies.

within two minutes you'll not even see kevin bacon in that character.

I started to watch The Newsroom...well I had seen season 1 but not the other two. I really, really miss an Aaron Sorkin TV series. I wish he would do another
Damn. That show is so good. I just re-re-re-re-re-re-re...watched the three seasons. Yeah, i need to imdb what Sorkin is doing now. Dialog on the Newsroom is phenomenal. And i crush on both Emily Mortimer and Olivia Munn. And Pill ain't bad either.

Damn. That show is so good. I just re-re-re-re-re-re-re...watched the three seasons. Yeah, i need to imdb what Sorkin is doing now. Dialog on the Newsroom is phenomenal. And i crush on both Emily Mortimer and Olivia Munn. And Pill ain't bad either.
He wrote To Kill a Mockingbird running on Broadway with Jeff Daniels, not sure how involved he is with it now but it's a huge success

To Kill a Mockingbird on Broadway

I binged I Think You Should Leave in a night or two.

The comedy's not for everyone by LOL'd.