I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Opening s credits sequence of Peacemaker is the best thing I’ve seen in a while. Then there’s an Outrageous scene that surely must have been inspired by the best episode of Barry.

Season 5 of Search Party: just two episodes in and I dont feel like I’m going to be happy with the rest of it, compared to the first two seasons. Jeff Goldblum as an addition might be fun.

Righteous Gemstones season 2—pleasantly surprised to see that is back on.

Boba Fett is pretty good so far. Good timing, as I just did the whole Star Wars thing, 1 through 9 over the holiday break.

Can’t wait for Ozahhhk.
I was going to mention the Gemstones but wanted to wait to see more of the season. The first 2 episodes were hilarious tho

Search Party is horrific. Stopped watching. Started the Flight Attendant (also HBO) and I'm enjoying it.

Search Party is horrific. Stopped watching. Started the Flight Attendant (also HBO) and I'm enjoying it.
I liked the first season. Actually I liked the two friends of the main character.
Then, gave up after watching the first couple episodes of season 2.
It probably should have just been a one-season show.

Looking forward to finishing Yellowjackets & Station Eleven this weekend. Loved Dexter: New Blood.

Agree on Dexter.

Not the "best" show I've ever watched, but very satisfying overall and a much better conclusion to the series than what we got after season 8.

Feedback requested on Billions. I just finished season 2. I've enjoyed it so far, but having a hard time seeing how they can sustain five seasons+ worth of storyline. I've looked at the feedback on this thread, but would appreciate hearing from people who have seen all five seasons if it's worth the time investment. Thanks.

Feedback requested on Billions. I just finished season 2. I've enjoyed it so far, but having a hard time seeing how they can sustain five seasons+ worth of storyline. I've looked at the feedback on this thread, but would appreciate hearing from people who have seen all five seasons if it's worth the time investment. Thanks.

They fell into the trap of characters acting like caricatures after three or so seasons. I don't recall if I made it three seasons or four, but what I tolerated was pretty good. But it'd gotten so silly that quitting was painless.

It gets pretty bad. I still watched but after about season 2 it became one of those shows that you watch on Wed or Thurs when ya get to it instead of Sunday night when it was released.

Looking forward to finishing Yellowjackets & Station Eleven this weekend. Loved Dexter: New Blood.
Finished Station Eleven this weekend and loved it. Yellowjackets is likely up next.

They fell into the trap of characters acting like caricatures after three or so seasons. I don't recall if I made it three seasons or four, but what I tolerated was pretty good. But it'd gotten so silly that quitting was painless.
Same here. Got tired of the caricatures and eventually bailed, but i also don't remember which season i made it into. I think i quit on it at one point, then later tried to go back and then quit on it again. I don't feel like i'm missing anything. But, i did just see the trailer for the new season where Corey Stull takes over. Wondering if i should try, just for him to see if anything else has changed.

I liked the first season. Actually I liked the two friends of the main character.
Then, gave up after watching the first couple episodes of season 2.
It probably should have just been a one-season show.
I thought so, as well, but i kept with it, and still think there's a lot of good stuff. If—if—you enjoy the characters. Early on, i didn't like them, because they're unlikable characters. And then i embraced how they were skewering culture and it all became more enjoyable. I think Portia is a lot of fun, and the way she and Elliot are so over the top in mocking pop-culture, acting/show business, media/etc.—good stuff. The attorney in the last season was fun. Looking forward to seeing how far Goldblum goes as an Elon Musky billionaire.

Another show with a sardonic take on culture and religion is Teenage Bounty Hunters (Netflix). Some good characters in that. And it doesn't hurt that the girls (they're adults) are cute.

18 Days until I find out if Marty outsmarts Omar and saves the Fam
Really curious where this goes. I have a few episodes left of S3 (my second watch). I started over holidays with my mom who had not seen it.

I haven’t seen this one posted but Dopesick on Hulu is excellent. It’s about how Perdue Pharma started the opioid epidemic in Appalachia. Only an 8 episode miniseries so not much to commit to. Nobody needs a TV show to confirm that the Sackler family should be in jail and I’m sure some liberties were taken but this was really well done. Gripping, frustrating, sad and hopeful at times

yellowjackets. Misty "effin" Quigley !
do not accidentally touch your glasses while sayin' her name or you may accidentally summon her.

yellowjackets. Misty "effin" Quigley !
do not accidentally touch your glasses while sayin' her name or you may accidentally summon her.

She and Walter White would have gotten along well.

I haven’t seen this one posted but Dopesick on Hulu is excellent. It’s about how Perdue Pharma started the opioid epidemic in Appalachia. Only an 8 episode miniseries so not much to commit to. Nobody needs a TV show to confirm that the Sackler family should be in jail and I’m sure some liberties were taken but this was really well done. Gripping, frustrating, sad and hopeful at times

Just finished 'Dopesick'. It's really good.
Michael Keaton is great in it.

Just finished 'Dopesick'. It's really good.
Michael Keaton is great in it.
I’ve thought about watching this but I’ve seen so many documentaries on the opioid crisis on Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, etc… I wonder if they embellished anything to make it more TV friendly.

I’m gonna have to give this a shot

1158BBEE-1453-4752-A65A-0647C369DA1C.jpeg