I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

OK. so who here HATE WATCHES BALLERS on HBO?
This show is soooo freaking terrible that I cannot turn away. It's football entourage...only actually worse.
What in the HELL is the deal with the skate boarding dudes? Is that a draw? what demographics did they sample for that ? Skater dude and football dude don't mix.
I watched two seasons and then punted.

The Deuce Season 3 just fired back up.
I only saw the first few episodes of that, but I’m surprised it’s still going, while VINYL was kind of a failure.

I have one episode left of Good Omens on Amazon Prime and it's quirky and entertaining. David Tennant is really good in it.

Just started The I Land on Netflix. Not a bad first episode.
Kinda a LOST feeling to it. Only seven episodes.
I just saw the trailer for that. It looks like a straight-up mashup of Lost and the film The Island.

I just saw the trailer for that. It looks like a straight-up mashup of Lost and the film The Island.
It is a picture perfect example of the unnecessary vulgarity thing I mentioned in the other thread.

I just watched american factory on Netflix.
I will never vote for an anti union candidate ever.

Anyone watch Unbelievable?
I saw the entire series in two days, but I’m not sure how I felt about it.

I've been watching Undone on Amazon Prime. It's incredible on multiple levels. This will sound crazy, but the blend of artistic style and how well it matches the narrative reminds me of Into the Spiderverse, which is also excellent.

Got two more episodes of The I Land, and it starts of Lost like but then goes a different direction.
I’m intrigued.
i can't believe how bad that first episode was. no chance i'll give it another go

i'll watch at least to the half season mark, but i think the walking dead is just about played out.

i can't believe how bad that first episode was. no chance i'll give it another go

i'll watch at least to the half season mark, but i think the walking dead is just about played out.
I had been watching both Walking Dead shows, but this year, my interest just completely leaked away. I just stopped and i don't miss it.

OK, some thoughts.

I-Land on Netflix was hilariously terrible. I actually liked the twist at the end. Otherwise, that show's a total mess. There's just no point to anything. Doesn't follow its own rules. Unnecessarily vulgar.

Undone on Amazon Prime is a work of art. I loved everything about it. Brilliant. Stellar casting, the artistic style meshes so well with the narrative. WATCH THIS SHOW

I'm current on Fear The Walking Dead. The "promo videos" the different camps make to tell their story, and which serve as a lazy butt narrative device, kill the show. Just made for awful story telling. Which stinks, because this season started out really strong.

to each his own, but for balance: i hated it. it is one of the most boring, predictable things i've seen in years.

I just finished episode 2 of The Righteous Gemstones, and can't decide what I think. Some really funny parts, dark parts, but as much as I think McBride is funny, I also think he wears on me.

I'll keep going because there aren't that many episodes yet.

I liked the first season of Vice Principals. But when season 2 came around, just couldn't find the strength to tune in. Should I?

I just finished episode 2 of The Righteous Gemstones, and can't decide what I think. Some really funny parts, dark parts, but as much as I think McBride is funny, I also think he wears on me.

I'll keep going because there aren't that many episodes yet.

I liked the first season of Vice Principals. But when season 2 came around, just couldn't find the strength to tune in. Should I?
same boat as you; i decided to skip it

So after all the hype finally started to watch flea bag ..

Holy hell is this show overrated ..

So after all the hype finally started to watch flea bag ..

Holy hell is this show overrated ..
a little overrated, yes, but i liked it.

her other show ( she created killing eve) is much better. must see tv, imho

in my experience, if you dont catch these shows early on, you are almost always going to be disappointed due to the hype that eventually comes out.

I've heard great things about Killing Eve. I'm probably going to abandon Gemstones and move onto this.