I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I know it's not for everyone, but man, Dave is probably my favorite show on TV right now:

I know it's not for everyone, but man, Dave is probably my favorite show on TV right now:

I've been meaning to get into this because it sounds hilarious, but I feel like my wife would be... unimpressed with how funny I'll find it.

I watched that like two weeks ago and already can't remember anything about it. Not sure if that's a reflection of the show or my age/horrific memory. It must have been decent for me to binge it, but i don't think it's 'great.'

You might like The Recruit. They seem to be sorta on the same level.
My wife had Night Agent on for a few days and I kind of caught bits and pieces and it seemed pretty awful.

I think someone else mentioned it But Rabbit hole did a lot of nice things. I mean if Tulsa king can get a season 2 I hope Rabbit hole does.
Can't underestimate how many dumb-dumbs there are that go gaga over all Taylor Sheridan nonsense.

Probably my favorite active TV show right now.
Keep a running notepad on my phone with shows I need to watch. Barry has been number one on that list for well over a year now.

Rest of the current list:
Motherland
Fleishman in Trouble
Pachinko
The Rehearsal

Can't underestimate how many dumb-dumbs there are that go gaga over all Taylor Sheridan nonsense.
Taylor Sheridan has created some excellent content - e.g., Hell or High Water, Wind River, Sicario - but the whole Yellowstone universe isn't about creating good tv; it's the producers bleeding this idea for every penny they can get, which sucks.
I think it's in his best interest to get away from tv shows for a while and get back into movies. Everything he's putting out now is just boring.

Taylor Sheridan has created some excellent content - e.g., Hell or High Water, Wind River, Sicario - but the whole Yellowstone universe isn't about creating good tv; it's the producers bleeding this idea for every penny they can get, which sucks.
I think it's in his best interest to get away from tv shows for a while and get back into movies. Everything he's putting out now is just boring.
Agree. Loved each of those movies, especially the 1st Sicario which was spectacular. Sequel was fine. Really did enjoy the 1st season or 2 of Yellowstone but then it got so ridiculous I had to stop in the middle of one of the seasons.

Currently watching Mad Men, slow but great.

Can anyone comment on "Severance"?
Severance was an incredible debut season; it was my favorite new show and right up there with Barry for my favorite show last year. Cannot wait to see what they have in store for Season 2.

If you think Mad Men is slow, you're going to love the first few episodes of Severance.

IMO, it's pretty good; I just think it's over hyped.
All of the elevated critique of corporate culture and the mysterious philosophical questioning is interesting.
There are parts of the plot that just don't make sense to me.

Just started Jury Duty on Freeview/Freevee, or whatever its called. Premise is a behind the scenes documentary on a trial. However, everyone is an actor except for one of the jurors.

Several years ago, there was a Big Brother type show with a similar actors and patsy setup.Will have to see how ridiculous this one gets.
I'm through 4 episodes and like it for the most part. I did find myself laughing out loud a few times. The picture of Cody on the beach in Mexico was funny.

when is the JAKE and THE FAT MAN reboot coming ?
and who would you cast ?

OIP.wKeaLg-Xcfv10sZIyRTDYQHaLG.jpeg

OIP.vEGCicIDEfVnT2rgP5zd1gHaLH.jpeg

Last edited:

Also very much like Severance. Hoping season 2 isn't going to be a letdown because it was such an incredible concept and they hit it out of the park in season 1.

Mad Men is ‘great’ for a while and then it sucks but still in a highbrow way which makes the suck all the more bothersome and you’ll have to keep watching because you’re invested and need to find out if it does indeed suck or if the creators are just working at a level that is so high that the conclusion will eventually be worth it. But it isn’t. Just enjoy it while you’re enjoying it. And then hop off.

I‘m re-re-re-re-rewatching Fargo season 2. Soooo good.

Mad Men is ‘great’ for a while and then it sucks but still in a highbrow way which makes the suck all the more bothersome and you’ll have to keep watching because you’re invested and need to find out if it does indeed suck or if the creators are just working at a level that is so high that the conclusion will eventually be worth it. But it isn’t. Just enjoy it while you’re enjoying it. And then hop off.

I‘m re-re-re-re-rewatching Fargo season 2. Soooo good.
Hmmm….I only watched it once, but don’t remember ever thinking it “sucked”. Though I do recall the earliest seasons the most fondly.

Hmmm….I only watched it once, but don’t remember ever thinking it “sucked”. Though I do recall the earliest seasons the most fondly.
It is neck and neck with The Sopranos for best show of all-time.

I’m going The Wire and Breaking Bad as my top 2.
I’m going with Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, Twin Peaks, for the one-hour stuff.

I overstated it. Suck is not the right word. I just remember a steep decline after one of the characters died. And then it was like I was stuck watching it, because I had to resolve/finish it. Like Lost—great beginning and then it ran out of gas and ideas.

I overstated it. Suck is not the right word. I just remember a steep decline after one of the characters died. And then it was like I was stuck watching it, because I had to resolve/finish it. Like Lost—great beginning and then it ran out of gas and ideas.
I do not agree at all. The show was great through the end. Different strokes…

Lost fumbled so badly at the end. It was insulting to the audience, really.

Lost fumbled so badly at the end. It was insulting to the audience, really.

First season of Lost was one of my favorite all time seasons of any show.

And it slowly went down a hill from there, until it crashed when it got to the bottom.

First season of Lost was one of my favorite all time seasons of any show.

And it slowly went down a hill from there, until it crashed when it got to the bottom.
I used to write for a fairly popular Lost blog. Even got quoted in Entertainment Weekly. Was a huge fan.

Anyway, I used to have the specific season and episode noted where it "lost" its way. There was a very distinct point where they ended up committing themselves to a specific path, and in hindsight it was the wrong one.