Impact of ACC move on recruiting? | Syracusefan.com

Impact of ACC move on recruiting?

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Help Hurt or No impact

Your rational would be appreciated.

I think it is neutral to helpful. Part of the reason that the BE is the BE is SU. It could hurt schools like UCONN & Nova that Pitt and SU won't be on their schedule.

Now, if UCONN and Rutgers go to the Big 10 (more natural fit as state schools) Then SU's recruiting will go even higher than before, with no BE to compete against.

BE folds and it helps especially against UConn, Nova, GTown ect.

Think it helps, in both sports, at least short term. We pull a lot of talent from Maryland, so the Terps will really hate us now.

We reserved our place at the big boy table. That can't be said for the other programs in the northeast - Buttgers and UCONN.

Help Hurt or No impact

I think it is neutral to helpful. Part of the reason that the BE is the BE is SU. It could hurt schools like UCONN & Nova that Pitt and SU won't be on their schedule.

Now, if UCONN and Rutgers go to the Big 10 (more natural fit as state schools) Then SU's recruiting will go even higher than before, with no BE to compete against.
Penn State used to get the best football players in Pennsylvania. When they went to the Big 11, those kids and their parents said, "Who wants to drive to Iowa or Minnesota to attend games?" We will lose the recruiting territory of the Northeast to Crudgers and UCan't.

I think we wont see much of an impact in basketball but if the big east folds it might help our recruiting a little bit, though with our recent success there is not much room for improvement as far as our imcoming classes are ranked by recruting "experts"
For football i think this will have a very positive impact on recruiting, the ACC has more big name teams and gets more exposure nationally on television, plus with the new $20 million buy out in the ACC i doubt any current members would leave so we can almost guaruntee our spot in an AQ conference for the forseeable future

Penn State used to get the best football players in Pennsylvania. When they went to the Big 11, those kids and their parents said, "Who wants to drive to Iowa or Minnesota to attend games?" We will lose the recruiting territory of the Northeast to Crudgers and UCan't.

Why? The remnants of the Big East aren't going to be overly impressive... UConn and Rutgers will probably be in the Big Ten (and suffer from exactly the same scenario that Penn State does), West Virginia the SEC. The remaining football schools that have any sort of hoops program (Louisville, Cincy) will probably scramble to form some band-aid abomination of conference with the East Carolinas and Memphises of the world. Do the basketball-onlys warrant continued consideration in a decimated Big East?

I see a difference. We will still have Pitt, BC and MD as eastern opponents. Plus, with hoops, you have ~13 non-conference games, which could be almost entirely from the northeast. And then, I expect we'll still be playing a game or 2 at MSG every season.

Help Hurt or No impact

Huge positive. No question. Better bowls, better TV contract, relative conference stability, no annual questions about whether or not we deserve BCS status.

It might be easier to sway some recruits from Florida for football because we then can say that they will still have games in their home state. It might hurt some Northeastern recruits but there is still BC and Pitt, as of now.

Might help football slightly, might hurt basketball slightly. Who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom