In your latest Taurean Thompson news | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

In your latest Taurean Thompson news

“Didnt feel like telling them” lollll
. . . sometime late in the summer of 2017, he said, he notified Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim that he would transfer.
"Sometime like that ...not sure cuz I lost my phone, uhh maybe like August 24th".

Last edited:
I’m not going to help figure out where TT lies on each of the five DSM axes but I will say that a lack of effort is definitely very concerning and, had he stayed, would have just lead to lots of frustration. From Boeheim and from us.

From the article;

One of the other reasons Thompson said he left SU traces back to another August 2017 event. He was playing pickup basketball at an outdoor court in a section of Harlem. On one play, he fell hard to the pavement and broke his right elbow.

“I wasn’t sure if I’d be ready for the season,” Thompson said of the incident. “That also played a role in me coming to Seton Hall. I was able to have surgery near here, get some screws. I really wanted to be closer to home.”

So how does this fit the timeline. He decided to transfer in May or June 2017, and told JB in August 2017. But somehow an injury from a pickup game in Harlem in August 2017 played a role in him deciding to transfer? This story smells like BS.

He could’ve helped some last year when we couldn’t score.

Though we made our tourney run and we still couldn’t score. That was just elite defense - which I doubt we would’ve played with him in there.

I’d rather have Brissett or Marek in the game at the 4, and I’d rather have Chukwu in the game at the 5.

Taurean Thompson did seem to think defense was unnecessary and his effort was obviously lacking, but there was one game against Eastern Michigan in late December where he showed some decent passing skills.

I remember when that game was over thinking he could be a definite asset on offense (not just scoring). He had 5 assists in 20 minutes of play. Smart sharp passes. Never saw him exhibit that ability again. It was weird.

Taurean Thompson did seem to think defense was unnecessary and his effort was obviously lacking, but there was one game against Western Michigan in late December where he showed some decent passing skills.

I remember when that game was over thinking he could be a definite asset on offense (not just scoring). He had 5 assists in 20 minutes of play. Smart sharp passes. Never saw him exhibit that ability again. It was weird.

Agreed. He was a capable passer. He just didn’t want to do it. IMO.

Agreed. He was a capable passer. He just didn’t want to do it. IMO.

You're quick. I edited Western Michigan to Eastern Michigan in less than a minute and you grabbed the original unedited post.

I can't take anything away from Taurean's short time on the hill other than I can't remember him passing the ball if he got a touch. It was always a shot shortly after he got the rock. Not even gonna reiterate his "defense" either.
He was actually a pretty good passer.
His pension for shooting twos with his feet on the line early in the clock was uncanny.
It’s penchant. Not pension.

I’m not going to help figure out where TT lies on each of the five DSM axes but I will say that a lack of effort is definitely very concerning and, had he stayed, would have just lead to lots of frustration. From Boeheim and from us.

TIL that the plural of axis is axes. I had no idea.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.

John Greenleaf Whittier

That was painful to read. Glad this kid is gone. It would have really caused problems even when we could have used his scoring last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom