Incoming Portal Participants.. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Incoming Portal Participants..

This is a big one. Adam Miller, Top 35 guard from Illinois. Started every game.

How many of our teams have had to play "4 on 5", or even "3 on 5" on offense?

He was bad defensively? Oh, and Fab Melo wasn't terrible as a freshman? Or Rak Christmas? Or DeJuan Coleman? Two of the three of them turned into terrific centers for us.

Doesn't Boeheim constantly tell us how hard the zone is to learn? So you think that Thompson NEVER could have learned to play defense as well as a 170 pound, cigarette smoker from Bratislava, Slovakia.

(That's where the Festrunk Brothers were from, you know.)
They tried. To call TT indifferent to defense would be insulting to the term indifferent.

And what you said has nothing to do with what I said.
I just don't believe Goodine outplayed anybody in practice. He doesn't seem very good. He was underwhelming when played for SYR and he is buried on the bench at PROV.

Goodine barely got off the bench at Providence. Piled up DNP-CDs or got token minutes. He's supposed to be a good shooter but is not.

i don’t know why, but in their last game of the season which was in the BET, he played 25 mins and had 8 pts and 5 rebs. Nobody was missing in the lineup.

i don’t know why, but in their last game of the season which was in the BET, he played 25 mins and had 8 pts and 5 rebs. Nobody was missing in the lineup.
didn't know that, followed his stats all year long but didn't look at the Big East tourney, I'm surprised too, he was persona non grata for most of season

Swider is 35th on this list. Kadary is 7th. Powell is 13th. Some intriguing names.

Kadary is basically 3rd among folks in the transfer portal (4th if you include Marcus Carr, who is testing the draft but transferring if he doesn’t go pro...if I were a betting man I’d say he’s transferring).

I still think Goodine could turn into a good player. His jump shot is better than he demonstrated here and he’s really athletic. The staff didn’t want to lose him and was surprised that he left. He was gonna take some time to develop into a PG here. But he’s nowhere as near as good as Kadary so we could live with the transfer.

Last edited:
I still think he could turn into a good player. His jump shot is better than he demonstrated here and he’s really athletic. The staff didn’t want to lose him and was surprised that he left. He was gonna take some time to develop into a PG here. But he’s nowhere as near as good as Kadary so we could live with it.
Really thought he'd help the defense as well. Using him and Joe defense and offense would have been interesting.

Not a bad game. And think how little he played.

love poppin' into a thread on potential transfers for the upcoming season and encountering a bunch of posts arguing about a player we had like 5 yrs ago
Blame the mods and posters! It’s almost every thread and almost all the time!

Need at least one guy who can beat someone off the dribble. The only one in that lineup who might be able to do that is Benny. I’m afraid people are building up Benny so much that they’re expecting him to be Melo. Think he’ll be good, but can’t expect him to come in and dominate

Gee... I wish we had somebody like that on the roster already...

Whats it mean??? Lol...isn't this fun :)

Hmmm.
Last Cuse player who “bet on himself” was Trishton Jackson.

That actually worked out pretty well for him.

This time?

Might end up addition by subtraction.

He's betting "0" on the roulette wheel.
That sounds like he's 'taking his talents' elsewhere. Because he trusts himself more than the coach. Athletes tend to make that statement when they make a change. I'm thinking Max Scherzer notably said something like that when leaving the Tigers, no?

I'm mixy on him leaving. He had skills to put up numbers, but not the right feel for the game. I had hoped that could come in a second year, with 'maturity,' and better playmaking from the PG, but jeez—he can't have confidence in the latter with the roster changes.

As mentioned in Cole’s thread, I think it’s no coincidence that Cole commits right after Alan’s tweet.

As mentioned in Cole’s thread, I think it’s no coincidence that Cole commits right after Alan’s tweet.
Pretty sure the next domino will fall next with another departure. Seems like come Monday, we may see Woody’s name pop the portal. Hope he stays but that seems unlikely at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom