Intentional foul? | Syracusefan.com

Intentional foul?

SmilinBob

Living Legend
Maryland did not have enough fouls to send SU to the line so when the player grabs Ennis's waist and doesn't play the ball...that is not intentional? Maybe I don't understand the rule but that guy did not make a play on the ball what so ever. So, if it is intentional...would it still be 2 free throws and the ball even though they weren't in the bonus? I think it is.

I saw that too - but what really boggles the mind is - Ennis had 3 players down the court to pass to, Cooney on the right and Xmas and Fair on the left. One pass and game over, instead he plays the foul me game, (Cooney) makes 1 of 2 later and gives them a chance to steal the game from us. We don't even run when we have fast break any more. what's up with that? We played with no fire in the stove last night.

They're basically never gonna call that; though by rule it probably is intentional.

And it would be 2 and the ball.

and there is no intentional foul any more, just flagrant 1 or 2. but again, PASS THE BALL and the GAME is OVER.

They're basically never gonna call that; though by rule it probably is intentional.

And it would be 2 and the ball.

So the refs can call the game as they see fit due to their anticipation of what is going to happen? I agree with what you say but this was by far more intentional than the one they called on Duke on Saturday. I just find the changing of the rules annoying.

I would love to see a team up 1, and knowing the other team is going foul, chuck at the net and get 3 free throws because they were in the act of shooting from 50 feet out.

Maryland did not have enough fouls to send SU to the line so when the player grabs Ennis's waist and doesn't play the ball...that is not intentional? Maybe I don't understand the rule but that guy did not make a play on the ball what so ever. So, if it is intentional...would it still be 2 free throws and the ball even though they weren't in the bonus? I think it is.

I hope they never call that.

That was a clean foul. there is a huge difference in what the duke call was (even thouhg they missed the 1st foul) and last night.

There will be times that we need to foul someone (nc state game) too.

I would love to see a team up 1, and knowing the other team is going foul, chuck at the net and get 3 free throws because they were in the act of shooting from 50 feet out.
would never happen to risky

That was a clean foul. there is a huge difference in what the duke call was (even thouhg they missed the 1st foul) and last night.

True SU will need to do that but I'm a big advocate for going hard after the ball but I get your point that the foul didn't get anyone hurt. Big and I mean huge pet peeve of mine is lazily getting a foul when instead the team that is behind doesn't go after the ball and taking a chance you might get a steal and a possible no call plus now you have the ball.

would never happen to risky

I get that but I would send someone running towards the basket to catch the miss as well.

My point Is I'd like to see an offensive player rewarded for taking a shot equally as half assed as the defenders are half assed "defending" when they foul them late.

I was at a bar; so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that more of a clear path type deal on Saturday? Not making any attempt to play the ball when the other team has a fast break going is different to me than what happened with Ennis last night.

Not sure if the NCAA has a clear path foul like the NBA does though.

I was at a bar; so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that more of a clear path type deal on Saturday? Not making any attempt to play the ball when the other team has a fast break going is different to me than what happened with Ennis last night.

Not sure if the NCAA has a clear path foul like the NBA does though.

ncaa doesn't have clear path but it should. not sure what the call was on saturday. i suppose a flagrant 1.

They called an intentional on Kris Joseph when we were down 2 at the end of the Louisville game four years ago. It was Burr or Higgins. Totally bizarre - it was no different than any of these end-of-game "intentional" fouls and he gave Louisville two shots and the ball.

All of those fouls in that situation are intentional, we know the team is fouling to extend the game.

and there is no intentional foul any more, just flagrant 1 or 2. but again, PASS THE BALL and the GAME is OVER.

When Silent G turned the ball over to Layman by trying to pass back to Ennis, he actually had Cooney open up the sideline. The UMD defender collapsed a couple of steps too far toward the middle of the press. Granted that is not the pass you want in that situation, but Cooney was the better target at that point. It takes Layman's height out of the equation.

When Silent G turned the ball over to Layman by trying to pass back to Ennis, he actually had Cooney open up the sideline. The UMD defender collapsed a couple of steps too far toward the middle of the press. Granted that is not the pass you want in that situation, but Cooney was the better target at that point. It takes Layman's height out of the equation.

cooney was wide open. it also doesn't hurt to fake the pass and then bounce it to CJ. that was a very poor play by mike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom