IPF...anything yet?? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

IPF...anything yet??

As far as I can tell, it's Section 404 jurisdiction regarding wetlands and wetland-adjacent streams.

I get it, but I think the state DEC would do an equally thorough and much faster (45-day) job of reviewing and approving.

(This all assumes that SU's plan is a good one, of course. There's always the possibility that they did a poor job and the regulatory body has kicked it back to them for modifications.)
Looking to the Constitution to find authorization for Federal arrogation of regulatory authority over a tiny local "wetland"...

I'm getting a 404. But it's the HTTP variety.

Too far off topic, stopping now. :)

Well, not having all the facts never stopped any of our fine board members from being idiots.

Myself included...but not on this subject because I know nothing of the process involved from a political, permit and environmental perspective.

I just scream that it should be done by now :D

Myself included...but not on this subject because I know nothing of the process involved from a political, permit and environmental perspective.

I just scream that it should be done by now yesterday :D

Fixed!

Well, yes.

But if a great number of states conduct their affairs like third-world countries, where does that leave the rest of us? One can understand why they feds want to step in and effect a certain level of regulation. It's just a pain for those of us who've been doing things responsibly all along.

Well, I'm going to get political here, if states conduct their affairs like third-world countries, then it gets us to a Constitutional Republic with limited federal government, which is exactly what the Constitution called for.

First off, OttoMets and SUTomCat, I owe you both an apology...both of you have put forward very substantive posts that have me on board that this isn't a case of the City's perceived ineptitude as I had previously asserted.

Well, I'm going to get political here, if states conduct their affairs like third-world countries, then it gets us to a Constitutional Republic with limited federal government, which is exactly what the Constitution called for.

Also put me in the camp that is disgusted with the gross overreach and assumption of power by the Federal Government. This is a shining example. At the end of the day no one can sit here and argue that this is an issue with environmental consequences that even come close to having an impact outside of the City...certainly not outside of the County. Oversight should remain local and I would be surprised if the legal mechanism didn't already exist for a variety of parties to appeal for Fed involvement.

First off, OttoMets and SUTomCat, I owe you both an apology...both of you have put forward very substantive posts that have me on board that this isn't a case of the City's perceived ineptitude as I had previously asserted.

Also put me in the camp that is disgusted with the gross overreach and assumption of power by the Federal Government. This is a shining example. At the end of the day no one can sit here and argue that this is an issue with environmental consequences that even come close to having an impact outside of the City...certainly not outside of the County. Oversight should remain local and I would be surprised if the legal mechanism didn't already exist for a variety of parties to appeal for Fed involvement.

No need to apologize!

Based upon the articles of the last couple of weeks, and this discussion, I am expecting to see another Giansante "everything is on schedule as planned" quote this Wednesday or Thursday.

Hopefully Carlson or Axe ask him why no one at SU anticipated this potential issue since I would imagine it would have at least been mentioned during construction of the track, or the installation of the new turf fields for Coyne and the FB practice fields, or the construction of the football expansion, etc.

I'd like to know what kind of alternatives were discussed from the time the IPF was promised to Marrone at the time of his hiring. Has there been a design option considered for the area between the football complex and E. Colvin, or from Manley arena to Comstock?

There is some digging over in front of the Football Wing. Anyone know if this is a step towards the IPF green light.

Lots of material scattered around Manley, but I was told that is for the conversion of the weight room into the new w. lax locker room.

There is some digging over in front of the Football Wing. Anyone know if this is a step towards the IPF green light.

Lots of material scattered around Manley, but I was told that is for the conversion of the weight room into the new w. lax locker room.

The digging is just utilities-related, I'm afraid. There's also some staging going on for a roof replacement on the Comstock Art Building.

Hope they are right Rocco. I think something needs to be happening on the site to show recruits coming to camps this summer. I'm sure the coaches have shown them the plans, so you don't want parents/HS coaches asking why nothing is going on.

If SU wants to use the "track is still in season" excuse, then they should take the padlocks off the gates.

Hope they are right Rocco. I think something needs to be happening on the site to show recruits coming to camps this summer. I'm sure the coaches have shown them the plans, so you don't want parents/HS coaches asking why nothing is going on.

If SU wants to use the "track is still in season" excuse, then they should take the padlocks off the gates.

Alcatrack. Love it.

Only one of those will happen and it won't be the one serving frosty beverages

That's funny. I was thinking about this earlier today. As clumsy as the athletic department appears sometimes, could any entity have handled itself worse than Clark's has during its hiatus?

Forgetting about all the back-and-forth with the Landmark and the possibility of taking other space on that block a few years ago, forgetting their aborted reopening on Clinton Street a couple years after that, they've overshot their latest announced reopening by over six months (and counting) yet don't seem eager to respond to any of the curious messages left by fans on their Facebook page.

It's kind of surprising that they haven't exhausted all this good will. And it's slightly more surprising that I'd be rushing over there right now if they were actually open.

a little orange birdie told me the end of June they will start work on the IPF. The project is a "GO" and construction starts very soon.

how long to get it completed ?septemeber

BpJ7jSBIcAAPhDC.jpg:large

'>
chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU 3h
Construction signs up at #Syracuse IPF site. Along with torn up track. pic.twitter.com/rLnlU5oNCU

It's funny that they tore up the track today after 6 track kids qualified for the NCAA meet over the weekend and have less than 10 days before that meet. SU logic to wait months to start the project and not wait 10 days so those kids can prepare for the biggest meet of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom