IPF turf | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

IPF turf

As long as there's no spray paint on the field I don't care what the colors are

Uniforms are part of the reason a kid picks a school. A 17/18 year old thinks of several factors and I bet uniform colors/combos are just important to some as majors offered. I remember you said a kid would never pick SU because of a movie (The Express) but we have more than a handful of examples of kids saying it played a huge role in their initial interest and selection of SU. Hell, the Heisman runnerup was intrigued with SU because of the movie. If only Dougy Buffalo would've come out of his office.

Name me one kid that mattered because of that lousy movie. Clearly not a TRF major...

Name me one kid that mattered because of that lousy movie. Clearly not a TRF major...

Didn't this year's recruit, Troy Henderson, mention The Express when he committed?

Trust me, my kid doesn't let my likes and dislikes influence him at all. In fact, if anything, like most teenagers, if I say up, he'll say down.
You said "UNC" and he said "SU". ;)

Hmmmm so you're saying uniforms do matter...

At a school like SU they matter far more to the alumni and fans' connection to the program than to an 18 year-old kid. Uniforms matter when they become iconic like Michigan, ND, Alabama.

I can't believe that any member of the last 10 years' recruiting classes, or this upcoming one, picked SU for its uniforms.

Last edited:
Not really sure where this argument is going but I will tell you that the SU's colors and uniforms, along with its history, former players, games, etc is ALL a part of the SU Brand. How much it affects a player I can't say but I would wager that it varies quite a bit, just as it does on this board with what SU's colors/uniforms should be. I don't really know what the point of trying to be right about whether uniforms make a difference to a recruit or not is.

Would prefer to hear more about what recruits may be saying about the IPF to be honest with you, seems like that would have a larger impact since it allows us to complete with other programs who already have such facilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom