Is it allowed as a Syracuse fan to say JB is awesome but our offensive system sucks? | Syracusefan.com

Is it allowed as a Syracuse fan to say JB is awesome but our offensive system sucks?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Is that okay? Are we as fans allowed to respect JB and believe his lack of changing the offense is a problem?
After these last March runs this decade it’s undisputed his D works.
I don’t even bother questioning it.
His D will be fine.
Somebody on the staff needs to be given this task of developing a system on offense that is all ISO heavy.
We don’t recruit the 1 and done athletes that have the NBA skills to rely on ISO ball to be effective.
Are we allowed to respect JB but believe this?

Of course you are. The other question is how many times do we have to hear it from you? We all know how you feel and what you think.
I haven’t said it this year. Also when I have said it is the past it’s been true.
The problem is I have a poster who thinks any criticism of the offense means I hate JB. Which is ridlicious.

The 2-3 was not working tonight and JB was unwilling to change it up. 57% from 3. I would have loved to play a series or two of man just to see what happened. Sigh. 3 hour trip. Waste of time. At least I got to meet John Wallace.

So you disagree with him?
Since you asked, yes. I think JB has forgot more about offensive basketball than I know. I played pt guard in high school and that is it. I'll concede that it is possible that you guys know more about offensive basketball than JB. Anything is possible

Since you asked, yes. I think JB has forgot more about offensive basketball than I know. I played pt guard in high school and that is it. I'll concede that it is possible that you guys know more about offensive basketball than JB. Anything is possible

Just throw him up there on Mount Rushmore.

Is that okay? Are we as fans allowed to respect JB and believe his lack of changing the offense is a problem?
After these last March runs this decade it’s undisputed his D works.
I don’t even bother questioning it.
His D will be fine.
Somebody on the staff needs to be given this task of developing a system on offense that is all ISO heavy.
We don’t recruit the 1 and done athletes that have the NBA skills to rely on ISO ball to be effective.
Are we allowed to respect JB but believe this?

Shared similar sentiments in the "Frank makes a difference thread."

But maybe he's forgotten too much? He is getting up there in years...at some point he may forget enough to where you actually do know more. What happens then, Dasher?

WHAT HAPPENS THEN????????? :) j/k

See here is thing. JB knows the offense was the problem. Watch his PC. He knows it.
So the question is if he knows it why do we continue the same offensive system?

JB doesn't tailor the offense to the personnel. That's his flaw. Basketball hasn't changed much, so the same offense that worked in 2003 will work in 2018.

Evolving the offense isn't the issue. Not recognizing the fact that you don't have a knockdown shooter on the team or a consistent isolation scorer, is the problem. We don't have a post-up guy either. Crap, what do we have?

See here is thing. JB knows the offense was the problem. Watch his PC. He knows it.
So the question is if he knows it why do we continue the same offensive system?
He doesn't think the system is the problem. He thinks it's the players execution of that system.

But maybe he's forgotten too much? He is getting up there in years...at some point he may forget enough to where you actually do know more. What happens then, Dasher?

WHAT HAPPENS THEN????????? :) j/k
I accept the job as Head coach.

He doesn't think the system is the problem. He thinks it's the players execution of that system.
Our offense sucked last year. We added Carey and Hughes and haven’t played Howard yet. So if it’s execution then offense isn’t going to be much different. Thus making some tweaks is kinda not something unreasonable to ask for.

The 2-3 was not working tonight and JB was unwilling to change it up. 57% from 3. I would have loved to play a series or two of man just to see what happened. Sigh. 3 hour trip. Waste of time. At least I got to meet John Wallace.

Glad to see I wasnt the only one who was reading the OP about "unwillingness to change the offense", and thinking about the irony, because he's much more infamous for his unwillingness to change the defense. Apparently he doesnt like change much at all. It's a wonder those Obama posters with the caption of "Change" moved him so much. Maybe some artist can make similar posters of "Change" with JB's bust on them, to inspire him once again?

The 2-3 was not working tonight and JB was unwilling to change it up. 57% from 3.
That's part of our defensive strategy. We keep daring the opponent to shoot over the zone. Odds are that they will eventually return back to the mean. It has worked 70+% of the time. Tonight it didn't. But it helped get JAB into the HOF. We know he is never going to switch it.

When people act like nobody makes 3’s against man to man...

Of course they do. But when something isnt working, when the other team clearly.has a plan and is executing, change it up. An aggressive closeout zone is one way, or a tight man can be another. We stayed in a lazy zone all night figuring they would.not keep hitting and they did

Last edited:
Our offense sucked last year. We added Carey and Hughes and haven’t played Howard yet. So if it’s execution then offense isn’t going to be much different. Thus making some tweaks is kinda not something unreasonable to ask for.
I have suggested that you call his radio show. none of us here can do anything about what you want. We have heard you.

D
Glad to see I wasnt the only one who was reading the OP about "unwillingness to change the offense", and thinking about the irony, because he's much more infamous for his unwillingness to change the defense. Apparently he doesnt like change much at all. It's a wonder those Obama posters with the caption of "Change" moved him so much. Maybe some artist can make similar posters of "Change" with JB's bust on them, to inspire him once again?
D didn’t bother me. Honestly JB has won this argument it’s over. He doesn’t need to change D ever again. His D works. If teams make shots tip your cap.
Offense is where we don’t make changes and the results haven’t been good.

That's part of our defensive strategy. We keep daring the opponent to shoot over the zone. Odds are that they will eventually return back to the mean. It has worked 70+% of the time. Tonight it didn't. But it helped get JAB into the HOF. We know he is never going to switch it.

I know. The counterpoint. He is never wrong.

I know we suck at man. Just would have loved to change it up a few series to.throw the opponent off. They had a perfect game plan for it.

Team photo:

is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom