Is it allowed as a Syracuse fan to say JB is awesome but our offensive system sucks? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is it allowed as a Syracuse fan to say JB is awesome but our offensive system sucks?

No offense to Alsacs and On my way! others but some of you only watch high profile games. Brissett missed about 6 layups tonight. Is that JB’s fault. He was awful.
Missed layups aren’t why the ISO system is questioned.
There will be games we make shots and in those games we will win.
How many possessions on offense does the ball not move and it’s in one player’s hand the whole possession.
That isn’t hard to defend. We rely on tough shots being made that isn’t sustainable.

Literally every time we lose, people say this...

Trying something else that you’re not as good at isn’t the answer. They pressed. They make adjustments to the zone.

Some of you act like these other teams are playing 5 different defenses in a game or something.

A lot of teams lose every night playing all man to man...
We’ve been losing a lot lately. I’m cool with it if it means long runs in the tourney, but let’s not act like we’ve been some juggernaut beyond questioning.

I'm a Patriots fan. Belichick was badly outcoached last week. I can admit that. Greatest coach of all time and he was outcoached. I dont understand why Syracuse fans believe boeheim is infallible. HOF coach and he had a bad night. He probably will have a lot of great nights going forward.

I don’t see why literally every time a team loses fans want to blame the coach.

There’s two teams out there. Two coaches. Sometimes the other guys win. And then the fans tell us all what the coaches should’ve done. Because they know. And that’s what they would’ve done. And if they were the coach they’d win all the games. But they’re not.

As Kanye West one said “you ain’t got the answers!! “

Missed layups aren’t why the ISO system is questioned.
There will be games we make shots and in those games we will win.
How many possessions on offense does the ball not move and it’s in one player’s hand the whole possession.
That isn’t hard to defend. We rely on tough shots being made that isn’t sustainable.

How many layups and shots inside of 10 feet did Battle/Brissett miss?

10?

15?

We’ve been losing a lot lately. I’m cool with it if it means long runs in the tourney, but let’s not act like we’ve been some juggernaut beyond questioning.

Is switching defenses always what it comes back to?

Dion Waiters ain’t out there...

If you’re in zone you’re “hoping they miss”, but in man they “won’t even be able to get a look”, amiright!?

No. I didnt say that. That's your thing though. Whenever theres a Q you cant answer you spin it into something ridiculous. Amirite?

I don’t see why literally every time a team loses fans want to blame the coach.

There’s two teams out there. Two coaches. Sometimes the other guys win. And then the fans tell us all what the coaches should’ve done. Because they know. And that’s what they would’ve done. And if they were the coach they’d win all the games. But they’re not.

As Kanye West one said “you ain’t got the answers!! “

Didnt blame the coach. Just not operating under the assumption he was perfect tonight and only the players were off.

It's ok. The world wont stop rotating if you acknowledge Boeheim isnt god. He is just an excellent but fallible coach.

Is switching defenses always what it comes back to?

Dion Waiters ain’t out there...
Nah, but the defense we play kind of dictates who we recruit, and who commits.

Either way, we just let UConn beat us on an off night because we have no other defense aside from “play the percentages” zone. Game still should’ve been won if we didn’t stand around and let them rain threes like the Warriors.

No. I didnt say that. That's your thing though. Whenever theres a Q you cant answer you spin it into something ridiculous. Amirite?

You think you’re saying something, but you’re not.

I mean...you said a box and 1!!??

You’re frustrated we lost. Me too. Fans say things. Doesn’t mean anything though. We’re just talking junk.

It is clearly JB’s fault that Yukon was hitting 3’s from 5’ behind the NBA line like layups, while our players shot layups like they were half court shots.

Bad coaching.
He should feel bad.

/end sarcasm.

How many layups and shots inside of 10 feet did Battle/Brissett miss?

10?

15?
I honestly don’t think its that high. We aren’t missing uncontested layups that much. They are all contested for the most part and they are 1 on 1 where a second defender comes a lot. Our opponents bigs don’t leave the middle because our bigs aren’t much of a threat offensively.

You think you’re saying something, but you’re not.

I mean...you said a box and 1!!??

You’re frustrated we lost. Me too. Fans say things. Doesn’t mean anything though. We’re just talking junk.

Fair enough. Box and 1 was silly I concede. It was verbal diarrhea

Didnt blame the coach. Just not operating under the assumption he was perfect tonight and only the players were off.

It's ok. The world wont stop rotating if you acknowledge Boeheim isnt god. He is just an excellent but fallible coach.

Every coach is fallible. Who cares?

If Brissett makes a couple shots, nobody is talking about how “Boeheim should’ve went box and 1!” The team lost. Everyone can do better.

Every coach is fallible. Who cares?

If Brissett makes a couple shots, nobody is talking about how “Boeheim should’ve went box and 1!”
JB said in the PC our offense has sucked the entire year.
I don’t think if we won I would feel good about this offense being NC good.
Howard is going to help and I think we will be a top 25 team I just don’t see us beating as big a contender as the hype coming into the year due to this offense.

Nah, but the defense we play kind of dictates who we recruit, and who commits.

Either way, we just let UConn beat us on an off night because we have no other defense aside from “play the percentages” zone. Game still should’ve been won if we didn’t stand around and let them rain threes like the Warriors.

Our defense wasn’t great tonight, but I was more bothered by how disjointed our offense felt. Of course, our PG was out and it’s November.

You guys watch other games right? Sometimes teams put the ball in the hoop. Sometimes our posters act like it’s horrible defense or a complete fluke when some opponent 3’s go in.

JB has never been an X and O guy on the O side. Never will be. He was outcoached tonight. Give props to Uconn.

You write this like it's not an issue at all? I don't know your stance but sometimes you have to push the ego aside and adjust to the personnel at hand and potentially adjust how you view recruiting. Times have changed and are just going to keep changing.

JB said in the PC our offense has sucked the entire year.
I don’t think if we won I would feel good about this offense being NC good.
Howard is going to help and I think we will be a top 25 team I just don’t see us beating as big a contender as the hype coming into the year due to this offense.

We’ll see. March is a long ways away.

You get locked in defensively like last year and get the right matchups and play a little better than last year offensively and you can go a long way.

Our defense wasn’t great tonight, but I was more bothered by how disjointed our offense felt. Of course, our PG was out and it’s November.

You guys watch other games right? Sometimes teams put the ball in the hoop. Sometimes our posters act like it’s horrible defense or a complete fluke when some opponent 3’s go in.

I mean in fairness it absolutely is a fluke when 57% of 3s go in. And that's sort of.your point isnt it? Stay the course.because they will.miss eventually?

I mean in fairness it absolutely is a fluke when 57% of 3s go in. And that's sort of.your point isnt it? Stay the course.because they will.miss eventually?

I think we can play better defense than tonight. I also don’t think we need a complete scheme change to do so. Howard will help.

I haven’t seen it talked about much, but Hughes has to get better on D too. I think he will.

Big picture, I’m not really worried about this teams defense even though tonight wasn’t good.

Very disappointed in battle. He has the size and athleticism to get to the rim and he doesnt take advantage of smaller guards. His demeanor was bad too...hes a junior that came back to crush it this year. He needs to act like the man and impose his will on the other team. Gotta be more aggressive and be a leader out there on the court even if hes not our pg. All around bad effort tonight on most of the team and coaches. Carey had some growing pains tonight but boy is he going to be good when he figures it all out. But hes definitely a 2g not a pg. I dont even want to talk about oshae because there literally isnt anything good to say about his game tonight except for the one dunk. Very disappointed tonight but eh it's just a game! :) we will get better and blah blah blah I'm just gonna keep telling myself this stuff to make myself feel better about tonight. I really do hate uconn and Hurley has officially taken over as the most punchable face for a coach...although jamie dixon is probably my Mt Rushmore of punchable coaches. Dont miss that guy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom