Is it safe? | Syracusefan.com

Is it safe?

I wouldn't come here if I were Trevor Cooney's parents (even though they used to come here a lot before they had good reason to leave), but since I know you're not a Trevor Cooney parent, I guess it's probably okay now.

I wouldn't come here if I were Trevor Cooney's parents (even though they used to come here a lot before they had good reason to leave), but since I know you're not a Trevor Cooney parent, I guess it's probably okay now.

Man, of all the kids parents, they were brave. I'm sure Trevor is upset enough at his own performance, that he doesn't need the fan base hammering him. No doubt the kid is one of the hardest workers we have had, he will bounce back.

I'll never condone personally attacking an athlete, amateur or professional. They are all human and have off days just like the rest of us. At the same time, to gloss everything over because we don't want to offend someone's parents defeats the very purpose of this message board and all others. It's not a big secret that Cooney struggled once we hit conference play, and fans discussing it is totally understandable. If you're a parent of a player and choose to visit message boards, you'd better have some thick skin. That's just the reality of the situation.

I'll never condone personally attacking an athlete, amateur or professional. They are all human and have off days just like the rest of us. At the same time, to gloss everything over because we don't want to offend someone's parents defeats the very purpose of this message board and all others. It's not a big secret that Cooney struggled once we hit conference play, and fans discussing it is totally understandable. If you're a parent of a player and choose to visit message boards, you'd better have some thick skin. That's just the reality of the situation.
The Mods here know that. Look at all the threads and posts bashing Cooney here in recent days. Unless a post is really vile and ad hominem, it is allowed to stay here. In fact, I personally have not deleted a single Cooney post because I know this is supposed to be a fan discussion forum. It is, however, an odd phenomenon. Folks encourage parents to post here... and then they frequently eat their sons.

as Sir Lawrence Olivier asked Dustin Hoffman while gouging him with a dentist's drill.
I have avoided coming here for almost two days to spare myself of the naysayers. Have they gone away yet?

2 Days? You might want to wait two months. Many of these guys seem to be just getting started. They are now feeding off each other and mass hysteria has ensued.

'Bees is trying to reason with some of them them but it is not going well.

So, I would either come back in May or use that clever little ignore function that I have learned how to use.

Slowly but surely I'm weeding out all the posters with a hoops IQ of a box of hair.

And the board is becoming much less aggravating to read.

In so doing, I've noticed something rather interesting: Many of the posters that I am now ignoring have a high number of posts accompanied by a low like to post ratio.

And with TEE on this board, that is not an easy thing to accomplish.

It does imply that I am not the only one who really doesn't like these people.

cto said:
The Mods here know that. Look at all the threads and posts bashing Cooney here in recent days. Unless a post is really vile and ad hominem, it is allowed to stay here. In fact, I personally have not deleted a single Cooney post because I know this is supposed to be a fan discussion forum. It is, however, an odd phenomenon. Folks encourage parents to post here... and then they frequently eat their sons.

I did delete one over the top thread. I also deleted some posts within a thread where some wondered whether one of our players (not Cooney) was point shaving.

Surprisingly it was worse after the second Georgetown game last year IMO.

Forza Azzurri said:
2 Days? You might want to wait two months. Many of these guys seem to be just getting started. They are now feeding off each other and mass hysteria has ensued. 'Bees is trying to reason with some of them them but it is not going well. So, I would either come back in May or use that clever little ignore function that I have learned how to use. Slowly but surely I'm weeding out all the posters with a hoops IQ of a box of hair. And the board is becoming much less aggravating to read. In so doing, I've noticed something rather interesting: Many of the posters that I am now ignoring have a high number of posts accompanied by a low like to post ratio. And with TEE on this board, that is not an easy thing to accomplish. It does imply that I am not the only one who really doesn't like these people.
Is it JB's hair in the box though?

One of the most important concepts that fans seem to ignore is that:

These kids are fierce competitors...they put so much hard work in...
They do not want to miss shots, not hold rebounds, etc etc
They are trying their hardest...they want to win not lose

Nobody on the team worked harder to get open during games than TC
Unfortunately teams keyed on him and alot of his shots were hurried or off balance
He surely tried his hardest and wanted them to go but stuff happens
I am confident that next year his game will be improved and he will be able to create more shots

Anyway thank you mods for keeping this site a decent place to come and talk about the team we all love

OO44

Yes, please return if you can put things in perspective and realize this is entertainment. What's the matter you didn't get enough value for your money?
I certainly did .. just can't win'em all.

Listen I would NEVER go personal with any person who puts the Syracuse jersey on it's just you have to be fair. I don't give an opinion to be liked I speak my opinion in an honest manner. Heck I said I have the same attitude as JB I am thin skinned, don't take criticism well, and act passive aggressive. However if I am wrong I take it as nobody is perfect or above criticism.
This board doesn't follow Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment. I hope Cooney shoves it in my face but JB played just 7 guys and the lack of an offensive threat from SG was our undoing. I thank TC for putting on the Syracuse jersey but he was pretty poor on the court and we lost to inferior teams talent wise in 4 of our 6 defeats. I hope he gets better and enjoys his college experience as it goes by fast. I lived in the building next to Gorman and GMac on Small Rd. Gerry took the A&M loss hard after Spring Break. I wish Trevor Cooney the best.

I did delete one over the top thread. I also deleted some posts within a thread where some wondered whether one of our players (not Cooney) was point shaving.

I did not see any of those so I bet I've already got those posters on my "shoot to kill on sight" list...

as Sir Lawrence Olivier asked Dustin Hoffman while gouging him with a dentist's drill.
I have avoided coming here for almost two days to spare myself of the naysayers. Have they gone away yet?
Perhaps, like the groundhog, we must wait awhile longer.

It is never personal, I am sure that they are harder on themselves than we are on them.

No, we're still here. You should spare us and stay away for a little while longer. it's not safe.

He's a safe site you'll love, that really puts the neighsayers in persepctive.

Listen I would NEVER go personal with any person who puts the Syracuse jersey on it's just you have to be fair. I don't give an opinion to be liked I speak my opinion in an honest manner. Heck I said I have the same attitude as JB I am thin skinned, don't take criticism well, and act passive aggressive. However if I am wrong I take it as nobody is perfect or above criticism.
This board doesn't follow Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment. I hope Cooney shoves it in my face but JB played just 7 guys and the lack of an offensive threat from SG was our undoing. I thank TC for putting on the Syracuse jersey but he was pretty poor on the court and we lost to inferior teams talent wise in 4 of our 6 defeats. I hope he gets better and enjoys his college experience as it goes by fast. I lived in the building next to Gorman and GMac on Small Rd. Gerry took the A&M loss hard after Spring Break. I wish Trevor Cooney the best.

Your a great poster Alsacs and I enjoy debate with you. I think we are around the same age as I graduated in 2007, the year after the A&M loss. I do agree we should be fair, but lost in all this talk about Cooney is the fact that he wasn't the only one that had a bad game. How Jerami Grant gets a pass for basically not showing up is beyond me. I know there was a few articles on it, but most of the board just doesn't care.

No - go away until we are winning again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom