Is it time for the clapping until first bucket to die? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is it time for the clapping until first bucket to die?

Should SU retire clapping until the first basket at the start of each half?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 74 44.0%
  • No, tradition is more important

Votes: 94 56.0%

• Total voters
The only reason it was deflating was bc it would take 20 mins to score some games. Never get rid of this. It’s something I look forward to seeing on tv or in person. Wish the wave came back for football games. Great childhood memories then with that

You're right...keep the traditions. Upgrade the damn offense. If there's a problem that's it, not the clapping.

The Knitter used to irk me, I’ll admit. “Hey this game and place are so boring that I’m going to do some knitting!”
5334350e-9032-4ed2-ac1f-b221d496a370_text.gif

Shame on you.

IMHO, we have few traditions. We should be looking to create more, not throw away the ones that are still around...
Yes, I remember going to the Final Four in 2013 which Louisville ended up winning. I was very impressed by the choreography of the fans and bands for the three other teams. We were woefully inadequate.

In recent years it was at its best when Welcome to the Jungle was the lead off song and set the clapping tempo.
Yes, now they have “songs” you can barely recognize. There’s no cue as to when to stand up and start clapping. There’s no pizazz! No oomph! No HERE WE GO!

This must be corrected. Now I’m getting agitated.

In recent years it was at its best when Welcome to the Jungle was the lead off song and set the clapping tempo.
Speaking of, what is Red's walkup song going to be. Maybe a little old school hip hop. JAB's was Springsteen. Important decision for Red.

I now fully expect this topic show up on social media by some local media members. Wouldn't be the first time the media got their info from here.

“Coach, why did you lose the game? Was it a lack of rebounding? Foul trouble? Shots just weren’t falling?”

“No, none of those. It was the clapping of the crowd.”
They started the game on an 18-0 run.

Speaking of, what is Red's walkup song going to be. Maybe a little old school hip hop. JAB's was Springsteen. Important decision for Red.

I now fully expect this topic show up on social media by some local media members. Wouldn't be the first time the media got their info from here.
I humbly submit Boom! Shake the Room by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince for Red's walkup music consideration.

Even cooler if edited to Boom! Shake the Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom