Is Maryland the 1st televised game? | Syracusefan.com

Is Maryland the 1st televised game?

PoppyHart

All American
When it says ACC network, are we to assume that is the digital network?

I feel like the traditional TV viewing has really gone into the pooper since the switch to the acc.

P.S. Yes, I know about streaming video. I just like to record and memorialize the games on DVD, and it is much easier for me to do so via TV. And the quality is superior.

Maryland is the 1st game on real TV.

ACC Network Extra is the Internet stream only.

Once we get into league play, the ACC Network is a bunch of local stations (either WSTM or WSTQ in Syracuse).

RSN games are on YES or one of the Fox Regional Channels.

UCONN vs Colgate is on YES friday, no Cuse... really poor. Every game used to be on and average fans loved it. They couldn't find a spot for Jim vs Jimmy, round 1. Thanks Newhouse people who run ESPN.

Its embarrassing, there are a million channels and 500 bball games on, and they can't televise a Syracuse game, one of the top programs in all of college bball.

UCONN vs Colgate is on YES friday, no Cuse... really poor. Every game used to be on and average fans loved it. They couldn't find a spot for Jim vs Jimmy, round 1. Thanks Newhouse people who run ESPN.

Hopefully nobody from The Boneyard sees this. Of course we wont be able to hide our misery from them when we play them. I have a feeling they will get a break from our board members trolling them as much has been done in the past, this season.

really this is what the espn college extra was supposed to be showing if you have those channels but even then SU games dont show up, although other big time schools seem to find their way on to it.

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but ACC Network Extra is available on Watch ESPN. If you don't like the tablet look, invest $40. in a Firestick and watch it on your TV.

Yeah I don't get the complaining. The game is streamed on watchespn. That's TV in 2017
Serious Orange fans will go find it, casual fans won't. When you flip through the guide, the other major programs are televised playing nobodies. Do you think this helps or hurts the Orange program and brand?

Serious Orange fans will go find it, casual fans won't. When you flip through the guide, the other major programs are televised playing nobodies. Do you think this helps or hurts the Orange program and brand?

The casual SU basketball fan does not care about cornell, colgate, texas southern, or other directional universities.

The casual SU basketball fan does not care about cornell, colgate, texas southern, or other directional universities.
They will watch every game, it would be on at every bar and restaurant like they have been for the last 30 years.

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but ACC Network Extra is available on Watch ESPN. If you don't like the tablet look, invest $40. in a Firestick and watch it on your TV.
This! I have an apple box...game looked great on TV.

it looked sucky to me on my tv, but it also didnt buffer. you cant control the quality of watchespn, you cant force HD and you can lower quality when you want too. my 1 gb lines i sometimes get SD and on my 1.5mb DSL I sometimes get HD..

Hopefully nobody from The Boneyard sees this. Of course we wont be able to hide our misery from them when we play them. I have a feeling they will get a break from our board members trolling them as much has been done in the past, this season.
The new contract with the ACC gives all the basketball games to ESPN. They can choose to farm some out to regional sports networks, like they do with the ACC game of the week for football, or retain all the content, which is appears they doing for all basketball games.

UConn basketball games can be on the Yes Network because their contract with Fox and ESPN lets them do this for a few scrub games (like our ESPN contract used to do). Most SU fans think the $20 million per year plus SU gets from ESPN makes the trade-off worth it. Especially when you can watch all SU basketball games on your TV with a one time purchase of a $40 device to stream content to your TV.

Last edited:
They will watch every game, it would be on at every bar and restaurant like they have been for the last 30 years.

I don't disagree that there are people that will be missing out on the game ... but it's 2017. Customers have long desired to be able to cherry-pick their programming. Things like this are just a victim of circumstance

I will watch the game on the net. I just can't believe posters on this site are OK with Syracuse basketball being relegated to the second rung below the "real" power teams. This doesn't help attendance at the dome either as it becomes an "out of sight out of mind" situation.

I feel like the traditional TV viewing has really gone into the pooper since the switch to the ACC.

My sentiments exactly. According to the schedule, and related TV coverage on cuse.com, of the total 33 games I will get just 12 games on TV this year. Absolutely ridiculous. I do not get YES channel and am blacked out when Syracuse plays on the Regional Sports Networks. This is probably setting up to be the worst TV percentage of games for me in the past 15 years. ESPN may add a few games as the season goes on and a local ABC station usually carries 2 or 3 Orange games from the ACC Network, so hopefully coverage will improve somewhat.

When they were in the Big East I got almost every game and was not blacked out on the Regional Sports Networks. Obviously some production management company is controlling the broadcasts and deciding where they will be aired. Being an avid fan for over 35 years, this BS drives me nuts.

ESPN3 and WATCH ESPN not available here in Canada. I can normally pick up a stream somewhere which is the ESPN3 feed, but it gets sent half way around the world and then back again. Very sketchy video. Found a stream for the second exhibition game (it was really bad), but not the first. Listened to the first exhibition game via on-line radio and I must say the announcers were very good.

SCOTTIE – beam me up.

I will watch the game on the net. I just can't believe posters on this site are OK with Syracuse basketball being relegated to the second rung below the "real" power teams. This doesn't help attendance at the dome either as it becomes an "out of sight out of mind" situation.

Ask all the posters who live West of the Mississippi if they prefer watching SU games on the internet, or NOT watching SU games that are only broadcast by a local RSN.

Yeah I don't get the complaining. The game is streamed on watchespn. That's TV in 2017
Yes it is streamed but the first two games have been almost a total sh&&show with continuous lags/freeze ups and the first game didn't have feeds for various times during the game. This is why it's frustrating having to watching on ESPN3 or whatever it's called.

Yes it is streamed but the first two games have been almost a total sh&&show with continuous lags/freeze ups and the first game didn't have feeds for various times during the game. This is why it's frustrating having to watching on ESPN3 or whatever it's called.

First game was ridiculous. But last night, I only had a couple freeze ups that only lasted a few seconds. Obviously not the same as HDTV but I was fine with it - or at least my irritation with it was minor in comparison to how we were playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom