Is Maryland the 1st televised game? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Is Maryland the 1st televised game?

I googled, even youtubed, how to do many things, such as extracting mescaline from my San Pedro cactus. While it may be easy for some people, it isnt for everyone. People have different levels of ability with different activities, including empathy, as is self-evident here.

BTW, the last post of mine should include a disclaimer, and I wish my edit button worked so I didnt have to waste an extra post against my daily limit, which I live in the terror of reaching at any moment. I have an ONAC card(the emblem in my avatar) which outlines my full Consitutional right to do so, and for my post's own survival ability, I want to give a disclaimer that I dont encourage those without one to behave in any way like me, unless they are brave.

I repeat: do not attempt to be like me at home, i do not even endorse being like me even if it were legal for everyone. Being this post is separate from the above one I wish it to be part of, let me say that "the revolution will not be televised". And if nobody sees it, does the tree really fall?

Maybe someone has to write a simple post on streaming and how to connect for the less tech savvy folks.

There are still folks out there who are lost beyond the major TV channels.

Agreed, and then be willing to do follow up support for older or less technically adept folks, and do some follow up when they aren't able to figure it out. In appreciation for their genorisity, maybe the university would be kind enough to give a chunk of the 22 million to whomever did so, instead of to Nancy Cantor(or whomever)'s brilliantly necessary programs. ;)

Isn't it amazing that as society is becoming conditioned to having things more easy, people are now becoming apologists for making them actually more difficult, so that their pet projects can receive boatloads of money that the average fan could not care less about, for more things like Nancy Cantor's visionary works before she graduated to Rutgers? Realorange, it's amazing how arrogant and out of touch a handful of these vocal posters who are "company men" are. (I didnt quote them because I dont wish for them to take it personally, nor do I wish to receive retribution from them).

All of this "attachment" is the exact opposite of enlightenment, and marriage to some of this dogma is not healthy in most senses. Some of the elitcist arrogance is troubling to those with a sense of empathy, even for those of us who streamed even before these blowhards even were aware of the possibility(before espn3 existed).

Even I find it ironic that I, of all people, have to remind some that not everyone is like them. SMH. (Hopefully this thread is over soon, so I can move on to one where I can be more jovial like I want to be! Some issues deserve to be addressed though, for the greater good).

You don't get to make up facts. It is not only the ACC. Ever hear of Big Ten Plus? Or the Pac-12 Plus Livestream? Same thing as ACC Network Extra - for games not televised on 'TV'. Holy Moly - as late as the mid-2000's there were SU games not televised. Enough with the woe-is-me-the-ACC-is-killing-us. Yeah, SNY carries UConn-Stony Brook. Enjoy. Have fun watching UConn-Houston on the CBS Sports Network, if you an find it. It's the 21st century. Get a Chromecast or Fire Stick. I won't even get into the MLB baseball vs. SU Texas Southern ratings comparison. And by the way, all MLB games are streamed. So if you live in Baltimore, but want to see the Angels-Oakland game, you're going to have to pay and stream it.

I get the fact that it would be ideal to see all games on TV. I totally get it. But to make out that it's only SU or only the ACC is not only disingenuous, it's not true. It's a whole new world out there. View attachment 114672

I'm not sure this fellow ever said that. Further, just because someone else is jumping off a bridge, does that mean you must do it too? Your fans made you, they built your wealth, without them you are nothing. So why treat them with such an elitist attitude? Just because you claim others do it? Why not be better, and hold yourself to a higher standard than the selfish others who do wrong and allow you to rationalize your behavior? Where have the morals we were taught as children gone to?

UCONN'S first 5 games are on SNY, with pregame and postgame and several replays. But our athletic department generates more revenue than theirs so woop de fn doo.

+1. How out of touch/elitist can a person be to think that the average(a more neutral and empirical term than "casual", which often seems to have a negative connotation implicit with it, when the poster compares themself to that fan) fan cares more about an entity's obscene profits off the backs of some kids, when the fan who foots the bill cant even watch the games or has a much more difficult time doing so than in back when things were much easier due to less technology?

Apparently, people who post here don't have any interaction with non-tech savvy people.

Apprently so, this eliticist attitude is troubling, and resembles traits of sociopaths.

So, you'd like us to be in the AAC so some of our non-conference games would be on SNY, instead of in the ACC? You'd rather have an AD revenue of $10M than revenue of $25+M? Really?

Wow, that is the definition of a straw man argument. I expect more from you. We were not in the AAC before, when the games were televised. Surely with all of the advanced tecnology of today it should be easier, not more difficult, for the average fan to watch games. It all boils down to greed.

It's not that they don't matter, and I don't mean to sound callous, but the future of the program is not going to rest on senior citizens who cannot figure out how to stream early season games against cupcakes.

Also, those life long fans also remember not too long ago when relatively few games were ever televised and you followed the team on radio for these early season games.

Just because your future doesnt depend on someone, doesnt mean you should treat them like crap. While I used to listen to many games on the radio, after years of watching them, why would I want to return to the radio? That logic is like saying that a rich person who grew up poor should have no trouble returning to how poor they were 30 years ago. Conditioning does not work like that, at least for many people.

You don't get to make up facts. It is not only the ACC. Ever hear of Big Ten Plus? Or the Pac-12 Plus Livestream? Same thing as ACC Network Extra - for games not televised on 'TV'. Holy Moly - as late as the mid-2000's there were SU games not televised. Enough with the woe-is-me-the-ACC-is-killing-us. Yeah, SNY carries UConn-Stony Brook. Enjoy. Have fun watching UConn-Houston on the CBS Sports Network, if you an find it. It's the 21st century. Get a Chromecast or Fire Stick. I won't even get into the MLB baseball vs. SU Texas Southern ratings comparison. And by the way, all MLB games are streamed. So if you live in Baltimore, but want to see the Angels-Oakland game, you're going to have to pay and stream it.

I get the fact that it would be ideal to see all games on TV. I totally get it. But to make out that it's only SU or only the ACC is not only disingenuous, it's not true. It's a whole new world out there. View attachment 114672

Why can't he make up facts?(not that he is) Our mass media does daily about things that actually matter in life, and many dont even question it. People are just expressing dissatisfaction that it is harder to watch games on TV for the average fan than it used to be. This has become a society that has conditioned people to many things becoming easier by the year, yet some people on here act stunned when people are displeased that some things are moving in the opposite direction and are becoming more difficult?

Anyhow, being your premise to the post was that one poster claimed it was "only SU" treating it's fans like garbage, let me take away that argument and say that I wish SU would hold itself to a standard, whether or not other schools do. If we consider ourselves "better" than others(which many posts on here are all about), why use the childhood argument that "so and so is doing it too!"? Imagine if that logic were used by nations to justify their actions...

I'm not sure this fellow ever said that. Further, just because someone else is jumping off a bridge, does that mean you must do it too? Your fans made you, they built your wealth, without them you are nothing. So why treat them with such an elitist attitude? Just because you claim others do it? Why not be better, and hold yourself to a higher standard than the selfish others who do wrong and allow you to rationalize your behavior? Where have the morals we were taught as children gone to?
He did.

We were not in the AAC before, when the games were televised. Surely with all of the advanced tecnology of today it should be easier, not more difficult, for the average fan to watch games. It all boils down to greed.
No, we were in the dying BE. Which, had we not left, would have forced us into the AAC. Reread my post - I never said we were in the AAC. I asked the OP if he would rather be in the AAC, as his post opined the days when we were on YES or SNY all the time.

It IS easier, not more difficult, for the average fan to watch games. Everyone has a device. Legal or illegal, it is infinitely more easy to see a game today than it was in the 'good ole days'.[/QUOTE]

I expect more from you.
upload_2017-11-9_6-34-10.png
;)

+1. How out of touch/elitist can a person be to think that the average(a more neutral and empirical term than "casual", which often seems to have a negative connotation implicit with it, when the poster compares themself to that fan) fan cares more about an entity's obscene profits off the backs of some kids, when the fan who foots the bill cant even watch the games or has a much more difficult time doing so than in back when things were much easier due to less technology?

Apprently so, this eliticist attitude is troubling, and resembles traits of sociopaths.

Wow, that is the definition of a straw man argument. I expect more from you. We were not in the AAC before, when the games were televised. Surely with all of the advanced tecnology of today it should be easier, not more difficult, for the average fan to watch games. It all boils down to greed.

Just because your future doesnt depend on someone, doesnt mean you should treat them like crap. While I used to listen to many games on the radio, after years of watching them, why would I want to return to the radio? That logic is like saying that a rich person who grew up poor should have no trouble returning to how poor they were 30 years ago. Conditioning does not work like that, at least for many people.

Why can't he make up facts?(not that he is) Our mass media does daily about things that actually matter in life, and many dont even question it. People are just expressing dissatisfaction that it is harder to watch games on TV for the average fan than it used to be. This has become a society that has conditioned people to many things becoming easier by the year, yet some people on here act stunned when people are displeased that some things are moving in the opposite direction and are becoming more difficult?

Anyhow, being your premise to the post was that one poster claimed it was "only SU" treating it's fans like garbage, let me take away that argument and say that I wish SU would hold itself to a standard, whether or not other schools do. If we consider ourselves "better" than others(which many posts on here are all about), why use the childhood argument that "so and so is doing it too!"? Imagine if that logic were used by nations to justify their actions...
I thank you for taking the time and effort and patience to elucidate this matter.

I googled, even youtubed, how to do many things, such as extracting mescaline from my San Pedro cactus. While it may be easy for some people, it isnt for everyone. People have different levels of ability with different activities, including empathy, as is self-evident here.

How was the mescaline?

I thank you for taking the time and effort and patience to elucidate this matter.

Thanks, I like helping out the underdogs that people are "piling on", and giving the bully a "reach around" with their likes to the snide comments that were being made against you. As long as they dont take away my ability to post, I'll do what I can to make sure everyone has a fair chance to be heard without this uncalled for mockery. I dont think The Boneyard has this kind of behavior on it, from my brief visits anyhow.

How was the mescaline?

I dont know, I havent had the confidence to do the extraction. I have 3 or 4 large cuttings still in a box. Ive watched a few youtube videos, but still havent gotten the confidence...especially the extraction with solvents...have you done any of that? (Note to mods, I have an ONAC card, lifetime member, and everything Im talking about is legal for me, and it is open to all people, including the white man, so please dont taze my post! ;) )
I did participate in my first ayahuasca cermony recently, and I recommend it to almost everyone. Mescaline is far more easy on you though, gentle, from what Ive read. Aldous Hucley wrote the seminal "Doors Of Perception" about it, and Jim Morrison named his band after it.

This thread rocks!!!

Thanks for making my lunch hour that much more enjoyable!

Go Orange!

Darned straight! I came late, but did my thing. I really appreciate the abilility to debate in a civil manner, and am kind of surprised at some of the people who were a bit "out of bounds". I dont care to make it personal and call them out, but gently suggest the gang rape mentality be but aside...maybe you do the "Bone" yard if you have those urges ;)

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but ACC Network Extra is available on Watch ESPN. If you don't like the tablet look, invest $40. in a Firestick and watch it on your TV.

I have both ACC Network and WatchESPN and the games are often blacked out on both because some local channel has the game. I don’t have locals, I’m a slingtv guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom