Is Maryland the 1st televised game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Maryland the 1st televised game?

Yes it is streamed but the first two games have been almost a total sh&&show with continuous lags/freeze ups and the first game didn't have feeds for various times during the game. This is why it's frustrating having to watching on ESPN3 or whatever it's called.

And I get that. I'm just saying it's how it is and I can't see it going back.

FWIW my stream was fine last night and for actual games it's always been fine

Verizon Fios>Google Wifi>Amazon Fire Stick>ESPN App --- streaming games look great to me.

There are ways to record streaming games. I've never done it myself, but it certainly can be done.

I'm surprised and pleased that the ACC Network streamed both of these exhibition games. Sure I miss the watching the non-conference games on SNY, but no issues streaming via the ESPN app on my tv. And I highly doubt that them not having mediocre non-conference games on tv effects the Dome attendance. I'm sure most of the local Syracuse will show the ACC Network feeds if people are interested.

I'm surprised and pleased that the ACC Network streamed both of these exhibition games. Sure I miss the watching the non-conference games on SNY, but no issues streaming via the ESPN app on my tv. And I highly doubt that them not having mediocre non-conference games on tv effects the Dome attendance. I'm sure most of the local Syracuse will show the ACC Network feeds if people are interested.
They are USING Syracuse to drive traffic to the ACC Network and ESPN# as a cash cow. Not any of the other top tier programs.

They are USING Syracuse to drive traffic to the ACC Network and ESPN# as a cash cow. Not any of the other top tier programs.

Duke isn't a top tier program?

Friday, November 10th
Basketball
channel_logo_accextra_2x.png

MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL
6:00 PM
Detroit Mercy vs. Virginia Tech (M Basketball)
7:00 PM
UNC Greensboro vs. Virginia (M Basketball)
Cornell vs. Syracuse (M Basketball)
VMI vs. NC State (M Basketball)
Elon vs. #1 Duke (M Basketball)
Western Carolina vs. Clemson (M Basketball)
7:30 PM
Georgia Southern vs. Wake Forest (M Basketball)
Maine vs. Boston College (M Basketball)
8:00 PM
Gardner-Webb vs. #13 Miami (M Basketball)

Duke isn't a top tier program?

Friday, November 10th
Basketball
channel_logo_accextra_2x.png

MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL
6:00 PM
Detroit Mercy vs. Virginia Tech (M Basketball)
UNC Greensboro vs. Virginia (M Basketball)
Cornell vs. Syracuse (M Basketball)
VMI vs. NC State (M Basketball)
Elon vs. #1 Duke (M Basketball)
Western Carolina vs. Clemson (M Basketball)
Georgia Southern vs. Wake Forest (M Basketball)
Maine vs. Boston College (M Basketball)
8:00 PM
Gardner-Webb vs. #13 Miami (M Basketball)
Are those games not on their regional sports networks? Cornell is also a major university.

Well, a lot of casual fans ask me why Syracuse isn't on TV anymore. They are not going to go through the trouble of streaming. People get out of the habit of watching and following the team.
Welcome to 2017...And Cornell is not a major university for basketball. Its a traditional middle to lower tier Ivy. I'm assuming you are not in Syracuse vicinity since you are not going to games and worried about the casual fan.

Welcome to 2017...And Cornell is not a major university for basketball. Its a traditional middle to lower tier Ivy. I'm assuming you are not in Syracuse vicinity since you are not going to games and worried about the casual fan.
Why don't you stick to loser Buffalo sports teams.

Serious Orange fans will go find it, casual fans won't. When you flip through the guide, the other major programs are televised playing nobodies. Do you think this helps or hurts the Orange program and brand?

No.

it looked sucky to me on my tv, but it also didnt buffer. you cant control the quality of watchespn, you cant force HD and you can lower quality when you want too. my 1 gb lines i sometimes get SD and on my 1.5mb DSL I sometimes get HD..
Maybe you need a better router or your ISP sucks. I had a great HD picture throughout the game with no delays on ACC Network on Watch ESPN.

I dont think you can get much better than what we have at work 1gb/as should be plenty to handle 1-2 mb stream. there are just so many bounces and espn is terrible at controlling quality.. amazon is the best, netflix is a resource hog, but ESPN is just all over

Says the guy
Why don't you stick to loser Buffalo sports teams.

You have a lousy gripe so you attack Buffalo sports teams hahaha.

Every ACC team has games that are online exclusively now. But hey SU lost some casual fans who don't go to the Dome anyways but once a year that can't watch on tv anymore. Nevermind the ACC payout to Syracuse last year was 22.8m which is almost double what they received in the last year of the Big East.

Says the guy

You have a lousy gripe so you attack Buffalo sports teams hahaha.

Every ACC team has games that are online exclusively now. But hey SU lost some casual fans who don't go to the Dome anyways but once a year that can't watch on tv anymore. Nevermind the ACC payout to Syracuse last year was 22.8m which is almost double what they received in the last year of the Big East.
There are thousands upon thousands of elderly people and physically challenged people who can not make it to the dome and who have no ability to setup streaming who have watched Syracuse basketball, every game and now they can't. Not everybody has the knowledge or understanding or money for every new tech invention. I guess those lifelong loyal fans don't matter.

There are thousands upon thousands of elderly people and physically challenged people who can not make it to the dome and who have no ability to setup streaming who have watched Syracuse basketball, every game and now they can't. Not everybody has the knowledge or understanding or money for every new tech invention. I guess those lifelong loyal fans don't matter.

The best football game SU played that no one saw was in 2003 - after we won a NC, Big East ACC game. Cuse beats UNC in triple OT and Johnnie Morant looked like Megatron.

Games not being on local TV isn't anything new.

The best football game SU played that no one saw was in 2003 - after we won a NC, Big East ACC game. Cuse beats UNC in triple OT and Johnnie Morant looked like Megatron.

it is for bball.

I actually worked out with Johnnie a few times back in the day, kid was a beast.

Yes and we had lifelong fans then too.
Every SU basketball game has been on TV since the early 80's or longer until the ACC in the last couple of years. You watch attendance numbers keep going down, and then wonder why.

Maybe someone has to write a simple post on streaming and how to connect for the less tech savvy folks.

There are still folks out there who are lost beyond the major TV channels.

Maybe someone has to write a simple post on streaming and how to connect for the less tech savvy folks.

There are still folks out there who are lost beyond the major TV channels.

You just need to buy a converter and hook it up to your tv, I think its like 25 bucks, still were Syracuse, all our games should be on tv somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom