Is Oshae having the worst FG shooting stretch in SU history? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Is Oshae having the worst FG shooting stretch in SU history?

Grant is far better than anyone on this year’s team. SU has had no one with his athletic ability since he left. Gone are the days of high flying dunks. Sherman Douglas would be lost on this team because there’s no one that he could lob to. No one plays over the rim.

For having 10 years of a row first round picks or something crazy like that, it's insane that Wes Johnson and Jeremi Grant are the two best players in the league representing the Cuse right now.

Dion averaged 15ppg last year and Miami misses him big time this year hes a 13.3 PPG guy for his career. They'll probably be a playoff team if he comes back and is 100%.

Jerami looks like he will more than live up to that new contract which is awesome but last year was his first good season props to him for that. Nice to see Wes land in a spot where he will get minutes hopefully he can keep up the hot shooting and expand his role.

Guys who left early after these 3 and Mike were very very very lucky to get drafted. Glad Mal and Lydon got some money for that Final Four run I had a great weekend in Chicago thanks to them but its sad they have almost no shot to get another contract.

And the minute he’s healthy and puts his Miami Heat uniform on, Waiters will snatch that mantle.
i don't think so
dion's career bests
per: 14.5
win shares: 2.1
win shares per 48: .057
box p/m: -.09
vorp: .4

jerami's
per: 16.2
win shares: 5.4
win shares per 48: .156
box p/m: -.06
vorp: .6

Dion averaged 15ppg last year and Miami misses him big time this year hes a 13.3 PPG guy for his career. They'll probably be a playoff team if he comes back and is 100%.

Jerami looks like he will more than live up to that new contract which is awesome but last year was his first good season props to him for that. Nice to see Wes land in a spot where he will get minutes hopefully he can keep up the hot shooting and expand his role.

Guys who left early after these 3 and Mike were very very very lucky to get drafted. Glad Mal and Lydon got some money for that Final Four run I had a great weekend in Chicago thanks to them but its sad they have almost
no shot to get another contract.

Dion needs to come back strong. He’s an inefficient player and has now shown some injury concerns year after year. Some sentiments down there and writers think they improved when he was injured. They made the playoffs without him last year. His constant injury issues came at a bad time and he has been left in the dust by guys like Beal, Oladipo, Donovan Mitchell, Rozier, Hardaway Jr.

i don't think so
dion's career bests

jerami's

To be fair, other than the elite guards(Harden, Lillard, etc.) those types of stats seem to favor role players who don’t handle the ball or shoot much and big guys don’t they? Could be wrong on that.

Two years ago, Dion was the heart of Miami’s run. I don’t think his advanced metrics were all that impressive though.

35/109 last 8 games. The positives are the 82 rebounds and 56/68 FT shooting. If he can get his FG shooting up to even just 40%, we would be much better off.

Maybe Cooney had a worse shooting stretch? However, most of his shots were from 3, so it's not quite the same.

Tons of potential for this freshman, but right now he's having a really, really tough time putting the basketball in the hoop. I expect a huge improvement next season.

I expect a huge improvement this season.

Which wouldn’t be a bad thing. This is shaping up to be a lost season so why not expand the kid’s range and have him develop his game even more?

Whoaaaaa...We're only 5 games in! :confused:

I posted that in January of last season. Pay attention to the time stamp. #alternativefacts
Yeah, this thread confused at first today until I read it more closely (and realized I had participated in it last season).

Apologies. That eliminates some confusion.

Of course, that wasn't a lost season, either.

For sure, the late run saved us.

Grant is far better than anyone on this year’s team. SU has had no one with his athletic ability since he left. Gone are the days of high flying dunks. Sherman Douglas would be lost on this team because there’s no one that he could lob to. No one plays over the rim.
Frank would be having so much fun throwing oops to Grant. I'd love to see that brand of basketball again...

i don't think so
dion's career bests

jerami's

Ok...you lost me. I’m sorry, but no one cares about analytics for basketball, certainly not in the way baseball utilizes them. You’re cherry picking stats to fit your argument. Grant is a career 7 PPG scorer. Waiters is double that. Not sure how you can say Grant is by far the better NBA player.

Back to Oshae. He’s going to be fine. Against Colgate, he had his misses but he played smart. He got to the free throw line and rebounded. He took that one three, missed, and went right back to attacking the basket. There’s definitely some coaching going on. I think he’s going to be a beast from here on out.

The spacing was really bad with Frank out which hurt us. OB does much better with Frank and Marek on the court. He will be fine.

i don't think so
dion's career bests

jerami's

But is Jerami and ALPHA????

He being asked to play an offensive role similar to Donte Greene's in his one season here.
is he being asked or is this his chosen pathway to score ? dunk the damn ball !

is he being asked or is this his chosen pathway to score ? dunk the damn ball !
That comment was from January of Brissett's freshman.

well question remains does he focus his attack inside or outside.

well question remains does he focus his attack inside or outside.
This team when whole (which we really have yet to see) has more offensive weapons and more deep threats than last year, so I would guess we'll see him strike more of a balance eventually, and not have to force as many threes, and start getting to the line with regularity.

exactly. my thought is with the range of outside firepower move in close. knife not rifle.

Back to Oshae. He’s going to be fine. Against Colgate, he had his misses but he played smart. He got to the free throw line and rebounded. He took that one three, missed, and went right back to attacking the basket. There’s definitely some coaching going on. I think he’s going to be a beast from here on out.
From your fingertips to the Orange gods' ears! LGO!!!