Is Red our next HC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Is Red our next HC

I would say winning the conference regular season, the conf tourney, and NC while losing five games it's dominant. If they aren't, who has been?

But they aren't developing players. Hence the lack of former players in the NBA. Syracuse puts more players in the NBA, right? That 2013 title team had 3 McDonald's All Americans in their starting lineup and none made the NBA. They brought in a 5th year transfer and he was a key part of that title team. They didn't develop him, right? And I wouldn't call Louisville dominant at all.

I guess we can just agree to disagree (as per usual). I would call UL pretty dominant. They have been pretty dominant and strong in the best conference currently and in the old Big East. I can count on UL to beat anybody or at least be competitive with anybody in the country. With young players or seniors. They aren't producing as many NBA picks as Syracuse is but you can argue it's a moot point since the SU guys really aren't doing much and/or are mostly in the D-League or basketball vagabonds. I think the Syracuse players have those NBA desired measurables while the UL players could be better pure basketball players generally. I'm not sure what it all means but it is undeniable that UL is having better success on the court with whatever kinds of players they are getting. Maybe it's the system too but they are developing players cleary albeit not necessarily the ideal NBA prospects.

I guess we can just agree to disagree (as per usual). I would call UL pretty dominant. They have been pretty dominant and strong in the best conference currently and in the old Big East. I can count on UL to beat anybody or at least be competitive with anybody in the country. With young players or seniors. They aren't producing as many NBA picks as Syracuse is but you can argue it's a moot point since the SU guys really aren't doing much and/or are mostly in the D-League or basketball vagabonds. I think the Syracuse players have those NBA desired measurables while the UL players could be better pure basketball players generally. I'm not sure what it all means but it is undeniable that UL is having better success on the court with whatever kinds of players they are getting. Maybe it's the system too but they are developing players cleary albeit not necessarily the ideal NBA prospects.

So Louisville doesn't develop players? It's not like they are getting bad recruits, right?

Louisville certainly isn't dominating the ACC or anything else.

I would say winning the conference regular season, the conf tourney, and NC while losing five games it's dominant. If they aren't, who has been?

5 years ago? What have they done since? Haven't even won the ACC.

5 years ago? What have they done since? Haven't even won the ACC.

Come on man. Are we going to really play these games? I didn't need to look it up but did anyways. Btw, are you going to call Notre Dame dominant or a better program than Louisville now because they won the ACC Tourney in 2015 and made the championshop game in 2017?

Back to the point. Since 2013 UL lost in the E8 to Michigan St. in 2015 and in 2014 they lost in the Sweet 16 to Kentucky. 2016 they banned themselves and would've beenn a top 4 seed most likely. This past season they were upset by arguably the hottest team in the country in Michigan. Since joining the ACC they are 36-18. UNC has been the best at 39-15 in the same span. UVA at 38-16 is second. Best conference in the country. UL is right there, obviously.

Last edited:
But they aren't developing players. Hence the lack of former players in the NBA. Syracuse puts more players in the NBA, right? That 2013 title team had 3 McDonald's All Americans in their starting lineup and none made the NBA. They brought in a 5th year transfer and he was a key part of that title team. They didn't develop him, right? And I wouldn't call Louisville dominant at all.

So what. I'd rather have zero NBA players and be good than produce NBA players and be below average.

I thought that was in reference to 2013.

"They develop players to the point where they can win a title and be pretty dominant every season"

Not what SoBeCuse posted.

We haven't even won 1 ACC tournament game. We don't have a leg to stand on.

Nobody claimed Syracuse was "dominant". Louisville isn't, and that was my point. By the way, how many ACC tournament wins does Louisville have? 1?

Last edited:
So what. I'd rather have zero NBA players and be good than produce NBA players and be below average.

2 Final Fours in the last 5 years suggests better than average. Those NBA players helped get there.

Come on man. Are we going to really play these games? I didn't need to look it up but did anyways. Btw, are you going to call Notre Dame dominant or a better program than Louisville now because they won the ACC Tourney in 2015 and made the championshop game in 2017?

Back to the point. Since 2013 UL lost in the E8 to Michigan St. in 2015 and in 2014 they lost in the Sweet 16 to Kentucky. 2016 they banned themselves and would've beenn a top 4 seed most likely. This past season they were upset by arguably the hottest team in the country in Michigan. Since joining the ACC they are 36-18. UNC has been the best at 39-15 in the same span. UVA at 38-16 is second. Best conference in the country. UL is right there, obviously.

If you're going to use the word dominant, you should know what the word means. Louisville hasn't won the conference or the ACC tournament since joining. They have an Elite 8 in the last 4 years. Louisville isn't dominating the ACC or the NCAA tournament. Dominant would be Kansas winning the Big 12 every year.

Don't need to. It's evident in all of your posts.

Then it should be pretty easy to prove.

I mean its not like there's not any gray area between "everything's fine" and "2016 doesn't count."

Then it should be pretty easy to prove.

I mean its not like there's not any gray area between "everything's fine" and "2016 doesn't count."

Again, I don't need to prove anything. Your posts speak for themselves. But keep pretending the Final Fours didn't happen. It's cool.

I definitely learned one thing from this thread - I reach the "agree to disagree" point much sooner than other people. But now I'm interested to find out exactly who has the longest endurance.

The University should find a new future HOF coach from a successful D1 program, some young guy, and make him the highest paid coach in CBB. It's all about branding. And the recent recruiting failures are a bad sign. The sooner we have the potential to right the ship the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom