Is the game on TV in Rochester? | Syracusefan.com

Is the game on TV in Rochester?

I cannot find it anywhere.
Not listed in the paper nor on the TW web site. Checked Watch ESPN and its listed on ESPN3 (subject to blackout). I've repeatedly stated my displeasure with the ACCN. Since SU joined the ACC, I've missed more games I think than the entire time SU was in the BE! Yeah I can watch it streaming on my computer and I can even hook my computer up to my 50" Sony but that is such a hassle and really gets hit by refresh rates plus the definition keeps changing. I've recently upgrades my internet speed and this will be the first chance I've had to see if it makes a difference. If the
ACC decides to go as a pay site, I'll really be pi$$ed. Would have to weigh the value.

ESPN3. Here is the blackout map - it is small but I believe the small green area is Rochester.

2312299.jpg

And I believe my Apple TV has the ACC Network. Hoping that works if ESPN3 doesn't.

TW just called me back after i called this morning. He says it's ESPN3. I assume it's not blacked out since it's not being shown on actual TV

ESPN3. Here is the blackout map - it is small but I believe the small green area is Rochester.

2312299.jpg
Why black out the Syracuse area when the game is at ND? Seems they could significantly reduce the # of viewers that way.

Why black out the Syracuse area when the game is at ND? Seems they could significantly reduce the # of viewers that way.

WSTM/WSTQ has exclusive rights to broadcast the game in Central NY. If you can watch on local TV, you can't use ESPN3.

The game is being shown on channel 50 out of Watertown for the upstate dudes. It's also on ESPN Full Court. I paid for the ESPN FC this year and all but one game on Syracuse FC schedule were blacked out for upstate New York, even the away games. What a waste of $110.

So my dad is far enough outside syracuse to not get WSTQ but still apparently in the espn3 blackout zone.

Any ideas? He has DirectTv not TwC

Meatball56 said:
And I believe my Apple TV has the ACC Network. Hoping that works if ESPN3 doesn't.

It's not in the ACC Network on E3. That's a highlight station. It's just on E3.

WSTM/WSTQ has exclusive rights to broadcast the game in Central NY. If you can watch on local TV, you can't use ESPN3.
Catch this one. I was bowling in my league last night. 1 guy tried getting the game on his smart phone and got it with the ESPN ap. I tried, using the same ap and got "the game is blacked out in your area" Same carrier! another guy tried and got it and a 4th got the blackout.

Jeeesh, blacked out for CNY when the game is in South Bend, Indiana...? Guess they thought we might drive to South Bend if it wasn't on TV.. I got it here in Rochester but had to go the ESPN3 route.

I too went to ESPN3. It blacked out on me with about a minute left. I exited and reentered in time to see the ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom