Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

Hearing Miller hired the duke athletics and compliance department to investigate and get him cleared in time for tonight’s tilt...
Miller pulled himself a half hour ago.
No word on Ayton though.

So in the span of one season 2 top ten programs coaches get caught cheating and aren’t coaching now. This suggests there’s more to come.
If you are the HC at where one of the 4 assistants was indicted your done.
It’s 2 for 2 for them thus far.
Pitino and Miller.
If I were Larranaga, Pearl, Enfield it’s a matter of when not if. They should start reviewing their contracts for firing with cause immediately.

I seriously doubt he'll play another minute of college basketball.

Kinda hope he goes undrafted in NBA for such stupidity, selfishness, and putting his teammates in this position

Kinda hope he goes undrafted in NBA for such stupidity, selfishness, and putting his teammates in this position
Ayton doesn’t go below 4 in the NBA and that is only because this draft is deep with Bagley, Doncic, Porter, Bamba.
Ayton looks like a young Shaq he is probably going 1 or 2 depending on how you feel about Bagley.

My guess is that one of Bruce Pearl's loafers will be the next shoe to drop. I find it hard to believe that the guy who gets caught on film partying with players won't be caught in the wiretap transcripts or in emails directing payments to players? I'm not buying that it was all Chuck Person.

Pearl could be the greatest basketball coach to ever walk on a court and he isn't magically turning Auburn into a top 10 program in three years the honest way.

Makes me wonder about the timing of Andy Kennedy's departure.

Any word on Ayton playing tonight ?
Nothing official. But the line opened at Oregon -3 (we know Trier is out), then went to Oregon -1, then went to -4, then got up to -7.5. Unless Vegas thinks Miller is worth 3pts, it might mean that Ayton is out

Speaking of Shaq I hope Syracuse is among the schools that will reach out to his son Shareef O’Neal who is a Arizona commit and signee for next year.

We could use a big and Shaq likes Syracuse.
Hope we put a feeler at least.

Bill Walton whom I like as an announcer better not be soft on Miller and defend this crap.
His son is an Arizona alum who didn’t get paid and was friends with Richard Jefferson.
Walton brought his son and Jefferson to the NBA finals in 2001 when he worked for NBC the NCAA made Richard Jefferson reimburse that ticket and suspended him games because it was an extra benefit even though he was friends and roommates with Walton’s son and was treating him like any adult does their children’s friends.
Eh... with Wooden it wouldn't surprise me if Walton the elder wasn't squeaky clean, and would know how it works on behalf of Walton the younger.

Speaking of Shaq I hope Syracuse is among the schools that will reach out to his son Shareef O’Neal who is a Arizona commit and signee for next year.

We could use a big and Shaq likes Syracuse.
Hope we put a feeler at least.

Would be a shame not to reach out at least, ya never know

Lmao

06BCA0C4-9C33-4E3E-B083-4A2FD642FDB7.png

The average NFL franchise is worth $2.5 billion, 52% more than the typical NBA team, but that spread has been more than halved in the past five years. The NBA is already selling at higher multiples: Recent deals for the Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets value the teams at roughly eight times their regular-season revenue; NFL franchises are worth closer to six times revenue.

The NY Yankees (according to Forbes magazine) are worth 3.7 billion.

The Los Angeles Dodgers ($2.75 billion), Boston Red Sox ($2.7 billion), Chicago Cubs ($2.675 billion) and San Francisco Giants ($2.65 billion)

Yankees top Forbes' MLB value list, but mid- to small-market teams gain ground

Last edited:
Let the kids have agents. Like they do in hockey and other sports.
Agents would market kids likeness and other stuff.
The problem is this would be creating players as employees which they basically are.
It can't work this way. You have to go full baseball model. If you want to get paid right away, you don't go to college, you go to the minor leagues.