Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

My guess if I had to take one would be Jimmy Patsos at Siena.
He seems like a guy who would pay for a player. Ubiles was really good.

Quade Green - remember when he announced for Kentucky and that one poster popped up and said no matter where he was going, he was getting a bag? In light of all of this other stuff coming out, it makes me think that a) Green's "Plan A" included he and his peeps making their own sneaker deals for $$$ no matter where he played so long as he'd be featured and b) he would get more out of his deal if he could go to an ultra high profile school like Kentucky and be featured.

I do believe Kentucky was complicit in some way.

That name is still a sore subject but probably best he went where he went. Was his Plan A also to come off the bench? Still wish we hadn't pushed all those PGs interested in SU away for that kid.. especially Shai.

One more clue. Not in the ACC, BE or AAC (or whatever that conference is that UConn plays in).

This school is in NY State. I had a family member go to school there so I don't want to besmirch their reputation if somehow this story is not true. Should have kept my big mouth shut.

My guess if I had to take one would be Jimmy Patsos at Siena.
He seems like a guy who would pay for a player. Ubiles was really good.
Patsos wasn't coach when Ubiles played there.

One more clue. Not in the ACC, BE or AAC (or whatever that conference is that UConn plays in).

This school is in NY State. I had a family member go to school there so I don't want to besmirch their reputation if somehow this story is not true. Should have kept my big mouth shut.

The Ivy I heard about is NOT in NY State, fwiw...

Patsos was my guess though.

Who knows anyway but BPO shouldn’t confirm it as it’s hearsay.

Not him. No more comments from me either way cuz eventually somebody's gonna guess right.

Not him. No more comments from me either way cuz eventually somebody's gonna guess right.

How about Bobby Hurley while he was at University of Buffalo. He'd have the bloodlines for it.

I've heard a pretty reliable story of an Ivy League school paying players, so I'm not surprised at all.

Got to be Ammaker at Harvard. Again the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, or something like that.

Don't get how that works. How can Miller be ineligible but Ayton eligible?

I wonder if this means, since corruption seems to be so widespread, that the NCAA isn't planning to punish the kids but will punish the coaches and schools?

One of my Kansas friends was just texting me about how Arizona is really screwed. She's really nice and super hot looking, so I didn't respond back what I wanted to about her Jayhawks.

I’ve always found in these situations to just let her know you’ll be there for comfort and support if things gets real at Kansas.

I wonder if this means, since corruption seems to be so widespread, that the NCAA isn't planning to punish the kids but will punish the coaches and schools?
No. It means Miller is on tape discussing 100k. It means there is no proof yet that Ayton took the 100k

No. It means Miller is on tape discussing 100k. It means there is no proof yet that Ayton took the 100k

Good point but I'm also thinking about Quinerly actually being back on the market and Bridges/Carter getting to play.

tenor.gif

I’ve always found in these situations to just let her know you’ll be there for comfort and support if things gets real at Kansas.

I actually met her about 20 years ago in my first job out of college. I went by her desk and her looks caught my attention first but then I saw she was looking at her NCAA bracket when she was supposed to be working - then I knew I had to get to know this girl. Alas, she's married now and not to me, but we're still really good friends.

Hameir Wright is ranked 89th in the 2018 class and is all set to go to Brewster Prep this year. Towards the end of this past June, he decides to skip prep school and decides to move almost 3000 miles away from his family. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but you can't say that it doesn't raise eyebrows.
Good choice. I heard during his recruitment that he had his hand out

Both Ayton's lawyer and Miller come out with statements vehemently denying any wrong doing... might be just a formality but why double down?