Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

Let's keep in mind that Thamel has long been tight with Coach K. Didn't surprise me that they didnt even reach out to Duke for comment. Thamel's not an idiot...

The Gillon stuff was from 2015. He hadn’t even thought of coming to Syracuse at that point.

Also Millers office has been blown in and no Cuse names appear on the report. I think that’s a good thing.

Also, I wouldn't be slapping backs that SU isn't mentioned in this first release. Thamel and Forde are story tellers, they're dribbling this stuff out for maximum effect. Just when a school declares that this is small potatoes and it's nothing and that player is in a game, out come the next set of leaked documents.
Forde HATES US with the passion of 1000 white suns. If they could have nailed us in the first run he would do it.

Thamel hates JB from his time as a student and JB treating him like crap. Dr. Gross gave Thamel stories when he was at The NY Times. He laided off the program negatively during that time. Since Gross is gone Thamel won’t do SU any favors.

The fact we aren’t in the initial dump says they don’t have us now.

People are forgetting this stuff is just from one agent.

CAA, Leon Rose, Landmark Sports, David Falk these agents are next.

The Feds aren’t going to stop at Andy Miller.

The NBAPA should cooperate.

yep, have thought the same. it's one agent, i'm sure most are dirty.

And there's no veil of silence here, no blood oath, they're not going to fear for their lives if they rat. They're all going to rat to get deals, coaches like Bland, the agents, all of them. Get the popcorn when they start turning each other in.

Last edited:
Forde HATES US with the passion of 1000 white suns. If they could have nailed us in the first run he would do it.

Thamel hates JB from his time as a student and JB treating him like crap. Dr. Gross gave Thamel stories when he was at The NY Times. He laided off the program negatively during that time. Since Gross is gone Thamel won’t do SU any favors.

The fact we aren’t in the initial dump says they don’t have us now.
Nah, what's more embarrassing? Releasing dirty information, or releasing dirty information after watching someone celebrate how clean they were?

For the record, I think most schools (probably the ones who take the most advantage) are going to skate. I don't think this is the end of the information that will be leaked. Those two sentences are not mutually exclusive.

2be68fc11ad3d9ec0c97bf2bd373a509.jpg

What does it say, "Thank Javicron Dawn need John Gime syraune"? How do you guys know it's from 2015?

Thought on that report that Jarred Jeffries name was on there, so IU wasn't clean either. When asked for comment by a certain former IU head coach here was his response -

Names like Carlos Delfino and Christian Eyenga, players from overseas who likely never considered playing college basketball, also appear on this list.

My guess is some of the payments on the list in the Yahoo story are not related to college.

Just curious...how is this known?
Thamel always writes like he has a cross across his ass for JB.
Plus JB is a jerk to the student reporters in his PCs.

Thamel was one of those kids when he was a student.

yep, have thought the same. it's one agent, i'm sure most are dirty.

And there's no veil of silence here, no blood oath, they're not going to fear for their lives if they rat. They're all going to rat, coaches like Bland, the agents, all of them. Get the popcorn when they start turning each other in.

Hey, even with a blood oath, most mafia guys dimed when it was life in prison on the line.

Who would make up this new organization?
Great question and the schools obviously like the way it is going. IF they were so miserable they would organize and change it. Schools like the money and won't stop milking the cash cow until absolutely necessary. Is this the moment...we shall see but there better be more than this.

People are forgetting this stuff is just from one agent.

CAA, Leon Rose, Landmark Sports, David Falk these agents are next.

The Feds aren’t going to stop at Andy Miller.

The NBAPA should cooperate.
If David Falk is implicated SU may need to change the name of their Sports Management School.

TBH, this report is mostly garbage. A dinner shouldn't disqualify you. Schools are cheating and players are being bought off, but this is all smoke and no fire.
If footnotes and YMCA games get you 101 vacated games, then expensive dinners have to count too ... assuming the NCAA has any integrity or consistency (?).

The thing is that football is the sport these kids should get paid to attend colleges for.
As they give those schools 3 years of indentured servitude too and then go pro.
In basketball you go one year and then leave.

The agents are pond scum. North Carolina is one of the few states that have tough laws for agents interacting with college athletes.
So does NY.