Class of 2014 - Is there a possibility of a "Dream Team" on The Hill in 2014? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Is there a possibility of a "Dream Team" on The Hill in 2014?

Jeremy L.

2018 Iggy Regular Season Record Winner
Don't know too much about the 2014 besides McCullough and Whitehead (who is basically all Cuse). But if Ennis is the real deal and we land Whitehead. We could be looking at:

Ennis
Whitehead
Grant
McCullough
Coleman (if he stays)

With others that we are favorites for (can you guys help me here seeing that I don't know much about the 2014 guys) could we be looking at a possible top team in the country?

Ennis
Silent G
Grant
McCoullough
DC/Rak

Joseph
Patterson
Cooney
Roberson
Goodluck
BJ

Good lord

still gotta come to fruition, and we of course have to hope we don't have a total phenom next year in Grant and or Ennis that causes them to jump early. The early jumpers have really curtailed the ultimate success of SU, Imagine Flynn on the 2010 team, or Dion and Fab this year? Assuming this whole group stays together, we will be absolutely loaded and prepped to be some kind of ridiculousness.

still gotta come to fruition, and we of course have to hope we don't have a total phenom next year in Grant and or Ennis that causes them to jump early. The early jumpers have really curtailed the ultimate success of SU, Imagine Flynn on the 2010 team, or Dion and Fab this year? Assuming this whole group stays together, we will be absolutely loaded and prepped to be some kind of ridiculousness.

i actually think Grant, DC, and Rak will all be gone.

Ennis
Silent G
Grant
McCoullough
DC/Rak

Joseph
Patterson
Cooney
Roberson
Goodluck
BJ

Good lord

Well, if Gbinje is as good as many suggest and the rest of us hope, Grant improves like so many expect and McCullough is as advertised, that may be one of the best, if not the best, starting 5's in school history, in terms of individual talent. Throw in a Roberson and BJ off the bench at the F position, Patterson/Cooney/top frosh at G and a decent C rotation and that team does look potentially stacked. Of course, the 2014-2015 season is a looooooong ways off, with numerous scenarios in play for how that roster would shape up. Looks great, at this point, though.

i actually think Grant, DC, and Rak will all be gone.
IMO, Grant needs to take a monster leap forward this offseason for that to happen. He's really long, but I think he needs to work on his quickness, along with his basketball skills to be a 1st round pick. I'd expect him to work on his jumper and moves to the rim this summer and be a 10 ppg or so scorer this year, with the potential to be an All-ACC and maybe more by his junior year. That's the year he could take off and even push for the lottery. I'm not sure he will progress that much in the next 6 months.

Ennis
Silent G
Grant
McCoullough
DC/Rak

Joseph
Patterson
Cooney
Roberson
Goodluck
BJ

Good lord
tqY0t.png

Ennis
Silent G
Grant
McCoullough
DC/Rak

Joseph
Patterson
Cooney
Roberson
Goodluck
BJ

Good lord

I have silent hopes that Coleman comes back from this summer refined, slimmed down and with a vengeance as AO did the one year. If I had to make one obscene out of left field bet for next year, I'll go ahead an predict a breakout, attention grabbing year by Coleman in the post, and gone to the NBA by Jr. year.

Ennis
Silent G
Grant
McCoullough
DC/Rak

Joseph
Patterson
Cooney
Roberson
Goodluck
BJ

It would be awesome. I really wanted Chris and was ecstatic that he committed. But we need to avoid something bad happening between now and the November signing day to keep him. Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but it's in the back of my mind. I can't ever remember any recruit besides Hart who even wanted to decommit. Let's keep our fingers crossed because it happens a lot to other teams. He obviously wants to come here but the NCAA has been sniffing and a bad decision might have an impact.

Good lord

Ennis

You know, I have been meaning to ask this question:

If Ennis is really as good as everyone thinks he will be for Syracuse as a freshman and he helps lead Syracuse to a Final 4, why would he be back in school in 2014?

It seems I keep reading about this glut and how insanely talented Ennis is and how the offense is going to flow. If he executes this, he would be one of the few true frosh PG to lead a team on a deep tourney run and return for his soph year...

IMO, Grant needs to take a monster leap forward this offseason for that to happen. He's really long, but I think he needs to work on his quickness, along with his basketball skills to be a 1st round pick. I'd expect him to work on his jumper and moves to the rim this summer and be a 10 ppg or so scorer this year, with the potential to be an All-ACC and maybe more by his junior year. That's the year he could take off and even push for the lottery. I'm not sure he will progress that much in the next 6 months.

if you watch him practice, or warm up he routinely knocks down 15-20 straight 17 foot jump shots. He has said it a couple times he is extremely confident on his shot, i just had the feeling he didn't think it was his "turn" this season. even though he said was he confident because he knows he can do, i don't think we will see that confidence until next season when this really is more his team. again i can't say enough how impressed i am with this kid watching him shoot the ball. Not to mention he has some of the highest basketball IQ i have seen on the Hill in quite some time. He has great anticipation on defense, is extremely athletic, and has a huge wing span. i couldn't be more confident that he is in store for the Dion/MCW/Fab break out sophmore year that we are growing accustom to seeing. NBA GM's will be all over this kid.

You know, I have been meaning to ask this question:

If Ennis is really as good as everyone thinks he will be for Syracuse as a freshman and he helps lead Syracuse to a Final 4, why would he be back in school in 2014?

It seems I keep reading about this glut and how insanely talented Ennis is and how the offense is going to flow. If he executes this, he would be one of the few true frosh PG to lead a team on a deep tourney run and return for his soph year...

i for one am reining in expectations a bit. i almost feel bad for the kid the expectations that are already being placed on him. don't get me wrong i think he will have a solid FR year, but i'm not expecting him to come in and dominate from day 1...he will save that for year 2, then leave. :D

Grant has a long ways to go offensively. NBA defensive centers and guards are more common then 3-4's but on a rare occasion a nba defensive 3-4 can work. But you have to be a rediculous freak like Anthony Davis or Hakim Warrick.

I expect him to blossom even more as the rebounding, ground covering, shot blocking monster that we saw this year. But, hes
1.not a transition offensive guy in the halfcourt Unless he developes that in the offseason hes going to need to,
2.develop the fundemental isolation skills to square his man up and learn to some kind of hookshot/floater
3. speed up his jumpshot release and range .
The size is there but he is going to have to work really hard on those. I will say the good news is hes already ahead of Rak offensviely. Of course JB doesn't go with centers shooting jumpshots to often either though.

But the good news is we do have the dribble penetration this year for him to make waves. Between CJ, Ennis, Gbinije,Patterson if teams decide to leave him open to double the lane attackers he can knock down those midrange shots. Good d's will start to double/stay on Grant, on and off so one of our guys won't score 4 straight baskets.

If anyone is hoping to see Roberson and Grant on the floor together this year though its unlikely unless one of them can knock down three long balls in acc play this year. Usually I would say thats a must see lineup reguardless but if Fair comes back I would care less to see it anyway as he is so defensively sound.

I like next years team much yes much better then this years if CJ comes back. Final four or not.

Ennis
Silent G
Grant
McCoullough
DC/Rak

Joseph
Patterson
Cooney
Roberson
Goodluck
BJ

Good lord

Obviously, there is a ton of potential there, but that is all it is. Next year will be tough sledding in the ACC with only one great player (CJ) and 2-3 others with any D1 experience. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer but the facts are the facts..

Obviously, there is a ton of potential there, but that is all it is. Next year will be tough sledding in the ACC with only one great player (CJ) and 2-3 others with any D1 experience. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer but the facts are the facts..
And you can say that for the rest of the country as well. I'd rather have what we have coming back compared to everyone else.

No offense but you are wrong. We are loaded next year.

Yeah, I agree. Although rstone makes a point that some have not yet had D1 experience, we have some with Final Four experience already in:
Rak (possibly staying)
CJ (possibly staying)
Keita
Grant

The following guys have played on a limited basis, but still, I will not count either out.
Cooney
DC2

Not too shabby and it's not like the bolded didn't contribute to getting us to the dance, and helped us dance for a long while. :)

Not saying you're wrong but weren't we loaded this year? Until:
  • DC didn't pan out
  • Cooney got the willies
  • MCW had a lot to learn
  • BT didn't improve
  • Rak didn't improve
  • Grant didn't turn out to be 7' tall

• DC didn't pan out
  • Cooney got the willies
  • MCW had a lot to learn
  • BT didn't improve
  • Rak didn't improve
And we made the final 4 and should have won the whole thing if it wasnt for the refs.

• DC didn't pan out
  • Cooney got the willies
  • MCW had a lot to learn
  • BT didn't improve
  • Rak didn't improve
Just getting a like due to good use of the word willies
:D

• DC didn't pan out
  • Cooney got the willies
  • MCW had a lot to learn
  • BT didn't improve
  • Rak didn't improve
:rolling:

I was just going over the press from bleacherreport on the Cuse recruits and boy I would like to ask what in thee hell are they talking about. It is clear that they are well behind the times in discussions of the players. They actually get paid for this. Damn, I'm in the wrong job. Just sayin.:bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom