Is this game not on tv in nyc??? | Syracusefan.com

Is this game not on tv in nyc???

jgeorge322

Living Legend
the only channel i find it on time warner is 394 which i dont get. Anyone know the deal? Espn3?

Clearly re runs of law and order is a bigger draw on wlny and lville / va tech gets the YES network. What kind of backwards stuff is this :crazy:

Thanks. I found on espn3. Running it through xbox one isnt bad.

Clearly re runs of law and order is a bigger draw on wlny and lville / va tech gets the YES network. What kind of backwards stuff is this :crazy:
acc network games are selected before rsn games which ville/tech is

ESPN3 Blacked out here in DC and apparently in NJ as well on Fios. Only option is to pay $15 to watch on ESPN PPV. What tf is ESPN Pay Per View?!?! Grr

I'm about to lose it… my Comcast guide (in DC) says Wake/Cuse, but they're showing UVA/Clemson, and it's blacked out for me on ESPN3.

its on FIOS on E3
What is this Fy-ohs you speaks of...

DishFarm001.jpg

I got lucky, for some reason ESPN Full Court is live on my Directv without me buying or paying anything. Not sure why but I'm not complaining. Go Cuse!

It wasn't on in large portions of Jersey.
it was in northern jersey as i was texting and chatting during the game with a number of folks. but yes, my buddy in queens was SOL.

and mark that reminds me of how i used to watch the big tourny back in the 80s. my buddies dad had a satelitte, but it started having problems so he bought a new 1. but kept the old in the shed and would hook it up in march so we would have games on 2 tvs. the weekend before the thursday start we would be out at his house, shoveling snow off the grass, digging a pole into the ground and jerry-rigging it up for a test run.

it was in northern jersey as i was texting and chatting during the game with a number of folks. but yes, my buddy in queens was SOL.

and mark that reminds me of how i used to watch the big tourny back in the 80s. my buddies dad had a satelitte, but it started having problems so he bought a new 1. but kept the old in the shed and would hook it up in march so we would have games on 2 tvs. the weekend before the thursday start we would be out at his house, shoveling snow off the grass, digging a pole into the ground and jerry-rigging it up for a test run.

Best thing I never did...back in '90 I was stationed out in Sacramento. The huge SAT Antennas just made a quantum leap in size reduction. Instead of a 10' to 12' dish I could buy a newfangled 6' Dish with Ku band. It was still going to be a monstrosity in the back yard though. It was going to cost well over $2 grand...my wife luckily put the stopper on that. Then I almost bought a Primestar which was only 3' in '91 but I figured I was going to get orders to move the following year so I shut that idea down.

Luckily sports bars were starting to get established in Sacramento at the time so I could get a partial SU FB fix and a ton of SU Hoops games were on ESPN then.

Best thing I never did...back in '90 I was stationed out in Sacramento. The huge SAT Antennas just made a quantum leap in size reduction. Instead of a 10' to 12' dish I could buy a newfangled 6' Dish with Ku band. It was still going to be a monstrosity in the back yard though. It was going to cost well over $2 grand...my wife luckily put the stopper on that. Then I almost bought a Primestar which was only 3' in '91 but I figured I was going to get orders to move the following year so I shut that idea down.

Luckily sports bars were starting to get established in Sacramento at the time so I could get a partial SU FB fix and a ton of SU Hoops games were on ESPN then.
sports bars, gots gift to men.

now i will bore everyone with an early 90s story...back when i would be playing in golf outings/tournaments or a softball or flag football tourny, once we were done for the day everyone would just get in cars and drive around looking for bars with big dishes on the roof.

with a dish...you got our business and a request for some game. no dish, we kept driving.

boy how times have changed.

heres a cool article from the NYT this past weekend....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/s...ion-put-its-lead-foot-down.html?src=recg&_r=0

Shaking my head yes...then the huge let down when the "TV Guy" wasn't there and the bimbo running the bar didn't know how to find the game...back in the car to the next joint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom