Is this the year Colgate wins? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is this the year Colgate wins?

We beat them last year 77-56 with Colgate’s best players that played Tennessee close. Burns (16,3 average) and Ivanauskas (15.9 average) scored 11 points together on 5 for 15 shooting last year. Both are 3 point shooters and defense again will be key. Tyus was high scorer with 24, Hughes, Brissett each with 17 each and Sidibe with 11. I wonder how good their incoming transfers and frosh are and sure hope we get our offense going. Regardless, anything can happen in a game, hopefully it won’t.

Colgate beat Syracuse? At basketball?

1573351344382.gif

We are beating Colgate. Our fans are frustrated but we are fans.
We have the better talent we will win.
that remains to be seen.

I think the title of best college team in New York State may will be determined by this game. Colgate isn’t a top 25 team but they might be a top 50 team. This is their best team possibly ever and this is surely one of our weaker teams in a long time. Especially early in the season.

The good news is that the win over Colgate last year was Syracuse’s 53th in a row, which broke a UCLA record. Syracuse has beaten Colgate more times in a row than any college basketball rivalry. Any wins from this point forward are just gravy.

Colgate’s beat hope to to show how upset Syracuse and root for Cornell to lost another 10 or 15 in a row to the Orange to break their record. It ain’t much but it is something.
Isn’t the title of best team in NY State owned by Buffalo? Until we beat them I feel like they are still the best.

You mean the Buffalo Bulls that just got beat by Dartmouth on their home floor?
I'd say the NYS title is wide open.

Isn’t the title of best team in NY State owned by Buffalo? Until we beat them I feel like they are still the best.

Until Michigan State beats us, we’re still the best because we beat them the last time we played.

We belong in the top 5, on these grounds.

Last edited:
We lose to Colgate and JB needs to slow-walk the Dome bleachers, top to bottom, surrounded by students yelling "Shame... Shame... Shame... Shame..." and tossing cabbage and stones.

I was still optimistic after the UVA game. We lose to Colgate and I’ll firmly be on the “we suck” train.
What if it turns out Virginia actually stinks too, e.g. the football version of Maryland or BC?

What if it turns out Virginia actually stinks too, e.g. the football version of Maryland or BC?

maryland 63 syracuse 20
Ohio state 73 Maryland 14

therefore if OSU played SU, it would obviously be a 102 point spread.

The Clemson-Colgate basketball game today will tell us a lot. It will interesting to watch. I think Colgate loses close ones to both Clemson and SYR.

Colgate has beaten us before. Buffalo beat us first time last year. Lafayette and Siena haven't beaten us yet.

Last edited:
I think the title of best college team in New York State may will be determined by this game. Colgate isn’t a top 25 team but they might be a top 50 team. This is their best team possibly ever and this is surely one of our weaker teams in a long time. Especially early in the season.

The good news is that the win over Colgate last year was Syracuse’s 53th in a row, which broke a UCLA record. Syracuse has beaten Colgate more times in a row than any college basketball rivalry. Any wins from this point forward are just gravy.

Colgate’s beat hope to to show how upset Syracuse and root for Cornell to lost another 10 or 15 in a row to the Orange to break their record. It ain’t much but it is something.
Colgate fans be like
work.jpg

Buffalo lost their coach and almost all their good players from last year. They lost to Dartmouth in their season opener at home. It will be the first of many losses. Not sure they are even in the top 5 teams in NYS this season.

Colgate has beaten us before. Buffalo best us first last time last year. Lafayette and Siena haven't beaten us yet.
Yeah, but not since 1962, so it feels like they've never beaten us. :)
Colgate has beaten us before. Buffalo best us first last time last year.
Actually, we have lost 6 times overall to Buffalo. Before last year, the previous loss to Buffalo was in 1963, the year before Dave Bing started for the varsity team.

maryland 63 syracuse 20
Ohio state 73 Maryland 14

therefore if OSU played SU, it would obviously be a 102 point spread.

You can criticize the method for reaching the result, but you say it as though the result reached was somehow ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom