Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

A one handed crossover? Is that a thing? I'd love an explanation... I wonder if it's an "in and out"

Pearl had the best left-hand dribble I have EVER seen.
The kid could go to his left using the off hand like...unbelievable.
To this day, I haven't seen left handed/off hand control of that kind anywhere.

Biancardi on Whitehead's July:

Most improved prospect: Isaiah Whitehead
Whitehead’s natural talent is off the charts and he is a super competitive player, but at times he used to be prone to playing out of control. He would not always play within the team flow and his percentages and productivity dipped as a result. But this summer on the biggest stages, he made terrific strides and played with a purpose and a team approach. As part of the process, he is starting to find the balance of when to attack and how to read his defender when he is open. Syracuse, Arizona and UCLA are in the mix.

Hey Francis - everything I've read and the vibe I get from Whitehead is that he's a guy who might wind up being more trouble than he's worth (I'm not knocking the kid, that's just the vibe I get with people repeatedly writing about him being a little lackadaisical, and that how good he ends up being depends on whether he wants to actually put in the work...so it just sounds like he may be lazy and a potential headache for JB/Hop).

I really hope we land him, as it seems his talent is undeniable. But in your opinion, are these reports overblown, or is there a potential attitude there?

Hey Francis - everything I've read and the vibe I get from Whitehead is that he's a guy who might wind up being more trouble than he's worth (I'm not knocking the kid, that's just the vibe I get with people repeatedly writing about him being a little lackadaisical, and that how good he ends up being depends on whether he wants to actually put in the work...so it just sounds like he may be lazy and a potential headache for JB/Hop).

I really hope we land him, as it seems his talent is undeniable. But in your opinion, are these reports overblown, or is there a potential attitude there?
I never heard of him being lazy, just that his game and attitude used to be immature. That's to be expected especially when dealing with a young high profile player from Lincoln. To his credit much like Dion, he seem to have mature with age and everybody has been raving about his unselfish play this spring/summer. JB has spent time getting to know Whitehead personally over the past year and has even went out to Coney Island to visit him several times already. I think if JB felt that Whitehead would be too difficult to handle and wasn't worth the time, then he would've moved on a long time ago. Flying out to places like Milwaukee and watching him up close several times last week in Vegas tells me that JB doesn't see much of a problem there to handle.

I never heard of him being lazy, just that his game and attitude used to be immature. That's to be expected especially when dealing with a young high profile player from Lincoln. To his credit much like Dion, he seem to have mature with age and everybody has been raving about his unselfish play this spring/summer. JB has spent time getting to know Whitehead personally over the past year and has even went out to Coney Island to visit him several times already. I think if JB felt that Whitehead would be too difficult to handle and wasn't worth the time, then he would've moved on a long time ago. Flying out to places like Milwaukee and watching him up close several times last week in Vegas tells me that JB doesn't see much of a problem there to handle.

Awesome, thanks for your input man, always appreciated.

Everyone says McCullough doesn't look like he's going all out on the court and he doesn't always show that he's interested in the game. Are you worried about him and if he's going to be a headache for JB/Hop? Everything you just said about Whitehead, which I've never seen btw, has consistently been said about McCullough and his potential

1:50 wow
Yep! Never seen that magic show of a righty back-handed reverse from the right side....
I'm spinning, don't even know what to call that one.
The two "Oh" expressions after are spot on. Straight outta Brooklyn. :)

Aside from the ridiculousness that was whitehead, Derryck Thorton of 2016 looks like a kid who can pass with the best of em. Also Deandre Ayton of 2017 looks awful tall for an 8th grader. My lord.

I'm rolling with Wolfgang Novogratz... That name has run for days. BALLIN'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If it's according to campuses for Whitehead then it would be UCLA, Miami, and Syracuse.

A lot of these highlights are new angles, but here is more from Whitehead at NBPA Top 100.

I would be happy if we only got Kaleb Joseph, but Whitehead > Joseph, and it's not even close

Ah, good to be back on the home computer again.
:)
Suuh-weeeet! God he's going to look great in ORANGE! He plays with a real sense of purpose... get it to the hole! Some nice looking dishes too! He is the perfect prototypical Syracuse guard for the 21st century. Now he only needs to get it done and commit to the soon to be National College Basketball Championship team, the Syracuse Orange, baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom