Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

@NYPost_Brazille: Hearing rumblings Isaiah Whitehead and family are very intrigued by Indiana and visit is likely. Could change things in his recruitment.
Maybe I'm wrong... but I just can't imagine Whitehead actually going to be the sloppy seconds pick of a program that, I would say is lower on the totum poll but is certainly not higher, when cuse has been on him from the start. Guess we'll see.

For some reason this Indiana offer makes me a little nervous..maybe it's just this whole recruiting process with Isaiah. I still think we're the favorites, but I'm still a little weary.

Crean is an incessant pacer he must drive the bench people nuts and he's a drama queen.

OE Tee Times Three!

tee - Copy (4).jpg

Cuse has been on him for years, IU comes in at the 11th hour and steals him. That's BS. If the kid has no loyalty to JB after all those visits than forget him. On to the next one...

Crystal ball is silly. Newton. Not one of them had Miami. All Minnesota. They had Cuse and another school as a destination, but they change their "crystal ball" whenever they're feeling foolish for their original pick.
Not even close. They just go off of rumors, flavor of the week from one of these kids posts or have specific school alliances.

Cuse has been on him for years, IU comes in at the 11th hour and steals him. That's BS. If the kid has no loyalty to JB after all those visits than forget him. On to the next one...
Remember it's Lincoln High we are dealing with.

Let's lock-up Kaleb this weekend. Buss has sleeper written all over him - if Whitehead goes to IU, so be it.

I'm greedy... lets get Jospeh this weekend. But then we should still be the spot for Whitehead. plays the 2 so not affected by Joseph. Loves playing with Hammer. 2014 Nat Champs.

If the staff can lock down Kaleb and "Beast" Roberson is cleared, this weekend may turn into an ultimate celebration dance party.

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille
https://twitter.com/jerrymeyer247

SJU groupie Brazille talking nonsense about how Whitehead is better off going to IU if he wants to head into the NBA quicker because get this "Crean develops players ex. Oladipo" lol and JB's 30 plus years of experience is worthless huh? Then UK groupie Jerry joins in and questions what other SU guards has been successful in the NBA? Well if you want to use that then you can't even use Oladipo as a example for Crean because he hasn't even played in a regular season game yet, and I don't personally see him having a better career than Waiters when it's all said and done. Brazille just bitter because of the yearly spankings that we give his Jonnies but it's ok tho, let the haters hate.

SJU groupie Brazille talking nonsense about how Whitehead is better off going to IU if he wants to head into the NBA quicker because get this "Crean develops players ex. Oladipo" lol and JB's 30 plus years of experience is worthless huh? Then UK groupie Jerry joins in and questions what other SU guards has been successful in the NBA? Well if you want to use that then you can't even use Oladipo as a example for Crean because he hasn't even played in a regular season game yet, and I don't personally see him having a better career than Waiters when it's all said and done. Brazille just bitter because of the yearly spankings that we give his Jonnies but it's ok tho, let the haters hate.
Yeah I'm one of the guys that's been arguing with em both lol. Pure BS

haters-gonna-hate1.jpg

Yeah I'm one of the guys that's been arguing with em both lol. Pure BS
JB has done a good enough job getting guys drafted. When it comes to their NBA performances and careers then that's on the players to expand their games and take things on another level. I don't see why that's JB's fault if a player doesn't succeed. I'm sure if he was buying pro talent every year like Cal that his players would have far better results in the pros but as either you or somebody else mentioned, he's a college coach and doesn't specifically recruit those kind of players. So it's more impressive when he recruits guys like MCW, Flynn, Hak, Etan, etc who were all unknown when they committed and turns them into 1st rd picks. Nobody ever heard of Wes Johnson during his 2 years at Iowa St, and he becomes a star and top 5 pick in his one season at SU, but yeah lets consider Crean the NBA development guru.shaq2.png

Norm, you should tell Zackie that if Crean was so great at developing pros, then why Lyles and Blackmon both told him deuces and decommitted? I mean if the NBA is the goal then shouldn't they be in good hands with Crean right?;)

JB has done a good enough job getting guys drafted.

Cal has had so much raw talent come through, that the all star games should be a UK showcase in the NBA, but they aren't.

Heck, even Ant Davis, whom everyone thought was a shoe-in for stardom is still undersized weight-wise and can't stay healthy.

(BTW - I was calling him a poor man's Marcus Camby and I stand by it).

A guy like Whitehead doesn't need a coach that runs around screaming on the sidelines, just like Dion didn't need that. Cal and Crean look like they are going to have heart attacks all game long. He needs someone who is calm and in control, like JB. He needs the CEO coach, not the drill sergeant.

Braziller and Meyer know absolutely nothing about basketball. Meyer can't hide his love for UK and Braziller can't hide his love for St. John's.

I agree with everything being said. The combination of IW's attention starved personality, and the, for lack of better words, douchery that is Tom Crean, makes me nervous about this IU offer. The kid wants to be fought over.

I think once we get him up to the Elite Camp JB and Hop are going to lay the hammer down (maybe with the CM Hammer) and shoot it to him straight. However, still nervous about IU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom